Customization: the next level

sorudo.9054

in the 5 years i have bin playing GW2 i have not seen any true groundbreaking customization changes, heck, what we have now is redundant.it is time that we have allot more options, something that allows us to make truly our own character.this list specifically aims at humans and norns but some can be used for all of them.

more skin colorsomething that could allow us to make our character the way we want is to allow more skin colors, we now only have natural colors.what if we have blue or red or even purple colors, it would expand the choices quite allot within such a simple change.

body modificationwhat if we could within reason modify our bodies, we could then make our characters truly how they need to look.to go even further, this would allow us to make certain races without really changing (or making) a race.take a dwarf for instance, you can have short legs but strong and thick arms, this allows you to make what you want but Anet doesn't need to add tons of races just for a difference of body shape.

expand face detailit just bothers me that we can change the ears for sylvari, charr and asura but not for the rest, they also have ears and it would be nice to be able to change them.another thing that bothers me is that beards are not shared, tattoos have the same problem here.but the one thing that annoys me allot is that we can't change the makeup for female characters, allow us to make it the way we want it so we are able to fit the character in it's theme.and add some more sliders for the mount and nose areas, it's to limited.

i just think that, after so long we still have a customization system from 2005, most character customization screens of this day and age allows you to customize your character exactly the way you want.i am not asking for BDO level of customization but it does need a serious update.

@sorudo.9054 said:in the 5 years i have bin playing GW2 i have not seen any true groundbreaking customization changes, heck, what we have now is redundant.it is time that we have allot more options, something that allows us to make truly our own character.this list specifically aims at humans and norns but some can be used for all of them.

more skin colorsomething that could allow us to make our character the way we want is to allow more skin colors, we now only have natural colors.what if we have blue or red or even purple colors, it would expand the choices quite allot within such a simple change.

body modificationwhat if we could within reason modify our bodies, we could then make our characters truly how they need to look.to go even further, this would allow us to make certain races without really changing (or making) a race.take a dwarf for instance, you can have short legs but strong and thick arms, this allows you to make what you want but Anet doesn't need to add tons of races just for a difference of body shape.

expand face detailit just bothers me that we can change the ears for sylvari, charr and asura but not for the rest, they also have ears and it would be nice to be able to change them.another thing that bothers me is that beards are not shared, tattoos have the same problem here.but the one thing that annoys me allot is that we can't change the makeup for female characters, allow us to make it the way we want it so we are able to fit the character in it's theme.and add some more sliders for the mount and nose areas, it's to limited.

i just think that, after so long we still have a customization system from 2005, most character customization screens of this day and age allows you to customize your character exactly the way you want.i am not asking for BDO level of customization but it does need a serious update.

I want flaming ghost hair

Separate masks from helms (i.e., add a new piece of gear), depending on help, mask may be obscured

Add capes (i.e., add a new piece of gear) -- not butt-capes

Add belt trinket (i.e., add a new piece of gear)

Allow all pieces of gear to be selectively shown/hidden

Allow customizing colors in backpacks

Allow tattoos on face, arms, chest/back, legs (that are shown when the appropriate piece of gear is hidden)

Now that we have legendary armors ( which means you don't have to swap between sets anymore, if you got em ofc ), are they planning something about skin change?Or have a legendary armor will be useless if you plan to change skins?

edit: i want to make an example:

1. Legendary armor condi set / power set = same skin + 18 more free inventory slots.
  2. Exotic/ascended armor 1 per set = possibility to have different skins without using chages + 18 less inventory slots.

Archived