Emotes!

Been said a hundred gazillion times I know. Low on the priority list, blah blah.

But new emotes would be awesome, as well as an update to /dance (I am tired of seeing the Haka, Party Rock, and Carltons dance on my female norns no less). If something is going to be based on popculture, they need updating more frequently than never! :P

What I would love to see is the return of Guild Wars 1 dances. Maybe what they could do is sell a dance book that holds all the gw1 dances. When you select one your char is transformed to a standard gw1 char and starts that profession’s dance. Example: if you choose the male Necro dance you are changed to a gw1 male Necro wearing starter armor. This would allow all chars to use the dance as they don’t have to take race into consideration when adding this to the game.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:What I would love to see is the return of Guild Wars 1 dances. Maybe what they could do is sell a dance book that holds all the gw1 dances. When you select one your char is transformed to a standard gw1 char and starts that profession’s dance. Example: if you choose the male Necro dance you are changed to a gw1 male Necro wearing starter armor. This would allow all chars to use the dance as they don’t have to take race into consideration when adding this to the game.

It's not just about the dance though, it's the screenies of your own character doing them ;)

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:What I would love to see is the return of Guild Wars 1 dances. Maybe what they could do is sell a dance book that holds all the gw1 dances. When you select one your char is transformed to a standard gw1 char and starts that profession’s dance. Example: if you choose the male Necro dance you are changed to a gw1 male Necro wearing starter armor. This would allow all chars to use the dance as they don’t have to take race into consideration when adding this to the game.

It's not just about the dance though, it's the screenies of your own character doing them ;)

No doubt. However it would mean redesigning each dance to fit this game’s races. Which would mean up to 90 redesigns, (9 gw1 professions x 5 gw2 races x 2 sexes) as we don’t know if the dances could even work with humans in this game without a redesign. This would make it too expensive. Having only one race (human) would bring down the cost to a reasonable level.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:No doubt. However it would mean redesigning each dance to fit this game’s races. Which would mean up to 90 redesigns, (9 gw1 professions x 5 gw2 races x 2 sexes) as we don’t know if the dances could even work with humans in this game without a redesign. This would make it too expensive. Having only one race (human) would bring down the cost to a reasonable level.

I'm not talking about gw1 dances though. I just want a new /dance per race in gw2 (Still means 2x5, but A LOT less than your suggestion ;) ). That would be enough for me. Not even as a replacement, maybe under a new command such as /dancespecial or what have you.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:No doubt. However it would mean redesigning each dance to fit this game’s races. Which would mean up to 90 redesigns, (9 gw1 professions x 5 gw2 races x 2 sexes) as we don’t know if the dances could even work with humans in this game without a redesign. This would make it too expensive. Having only one race (human) would bring down the cost to a reasonable level.

I'm not talking about gw1 dances though. I just want a
new
/dance per race in gw2 (Still means 2x5, but A LOT less than your suggestion ;) ). That would be enough for me. Not even as a replacement, maybe under a new command such as /dancespecial or what have you.

Errr. Then why respond to my post about bringing in gw1 dances with a critique? You could always have made your own separate request post about brand new racial dances

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Errr. Then why respond to my post about bringing in gw1 dances with a critique?

I critiqued the method. I created this post to update /dance. Whether Anet uses old gw1 dances or not, I'm not bothered. Aslong as it's new, funky and awesome, using the emote command. Not a book, not a consumable, being transformed into a character you're not, was not the point of my thread.

You could always have made your own separate request post about brand new racial dances.

Maybe you should read my original post, which is exactly that. To UPDATE /DANCE.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Errr. Then why respond to my post about bringing in gw1 dances with a critique?

I critiqued the method. I created this post to update /dance. Whether Anet uses old gw1 dances or not, I'm not bothered. Aslong as it's new, funky and awesome, using the emote command. Not a book, not a consumable, being transformed into a character you're not, was not the point of my thread.

You could always have made your own separate request post about brand new racial dances.

Maybe you should read my original post, which is exactly that. To UPDATE /DANCE.

Well, I’d you only want it as an emote then bringing over dances from gw1 isn’t going to happen.

But good luck with your suggestion.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Well, I’d you only want it as an emote then bringing over dances from gw1 isn’t going to happen.

I didn't bring up gw1 dances! :astonished:Actually flabbergasted.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I didn't bring up gw1 dances! :astonished:Actually flabbergasted.

No, I did. And I suggested gw1 dances as it’s a frequent request. I was only trying to say that the only way they could be brought over is by a book and a transform.

But never mind. You continue with your request. /shrug.

I saw a dance vid of gw1 and it was awesome. So man different dances and emotes. Would really apreciate(ANet pls read this as: "I'd pay gems if I can't have it for free") if there were more emotes in the game.There's an item on the gemshop that adds 3 or 4 new dance emotes that you can even share with ppl who don't own the item. The item has been in game for years now and the fact that they never released Vol.2 makes me think that it didn't sell well enough to justify spending more resources on emotes.

Anyway, since we have races with different skeletons now(asura and charr mostly, norn to a smaller and maybe ignorable degree) and the community is asking for even more new races with non-human skeletons I doubt we will see the diversity of emotes gw1 had ever.

Yes for more emotes! More dances, more variations of /sit, /sleep and /laugh. Emotes that interact with other players would be really cool like kiss, hug and flirt. There is so many emotes and poses that could be done! They could be released in packages in gemstore and some could be unlocked by achievements. I would rather spend gems on emotes instead of outfits. Imo emotes are much more fun and more usefull than outfits.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

No doubt. However it would mean redesigning each dance to fit this game’s races. Which would mean up to 90 redesigns, (9 gw1 professions x 5 gw2 races x 2 sexes) as we don’t know if the dances could even work with humans in this game without a redesign. This would make it too expensive. Having only one race (human) would bring down the cost to a reasonable level.

most GW2 races are humanoid so the animations are easily adjusted, the challenge starts when you talk about the asura and charr.

Archived