Rofl WvW

Pips.3458

Ranger is extremely strong in 1v1 and small groups but underwhelming in zergs due to the amount of projectile reflects available. They do plenty of damage with longbow, just it's not a good tool to use because as soon as a reflect pops you end up killing your own allies.

If you run SotH, ranger can stand in for a thief for commander sniping as unblockable attacks ignore reflects. I sometimes do it with my soulbeast and combine OWP, SoTH, and Sic 'Em for very long range commander killing.

The only fun i found playing ranger is pure dmg pew pew SB. Full berserker with 1 or 2 assassins and scholar runes. U down and kill backliners sometimes with 1 rapid fire, and u see some nice numbers there. Other than that ranger is useless in wvw, and it will be more useless after the update, i dont know how anet thinks when they do those updates... Specially for warriors, soon they will start nerfing it over and over untill we put it on the shelf and grab something else.Seriously a blob made of guardians and scourges now is enough. No need for any other class.

OP, here's a little trick to use when defending NWT on ABL: Throw down a ballista template in the empty balcony behind the lord's room. You don't have to build it, just make sure it's visible to the enemy. Get in position and knock off the various players who run over to bomb it. My best so far is 14 in one defense.

@usnedward.9023 said:The email tho.... so much salt. I have played Ranger or Hunter in every MMO an i can't just can't in WvW. I suuuuuck so bad at it.

its so fucking funny its just the playstyle doesnt fit right into where all other archers fit in most mmo'sranger should just be lurking around blobs u pew pew people from so far away..i love it :D

Archived