Impossibility to complete Battle Orr achievement

Hello. There is an achievement called Battle Orr. To complete it you need to kill this guy - Champion Unchained Giant.But there is a problem: seems he never spawns. I spent about 4 hours near Champion Willowdread where Champion Unchained Giant may spawn, but nothing happened! People on forums and on Reddit says that someone saw him once, someone never saw.Please tell us how to spawn this Champion Unchained Giant or please fix a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

16th September 2018. I spent 4 and 1/2 hours by walking with "Champion Willowdread" in a circle in the area under the Mastery Point in Melandru's Reliquary and no "Champion Unchained Giant" has spawned. "Champion Willowdread" has continued to walk in a circle with his "Tree Parasites". Is it normal to wait all this time for a little event and for an achievement?

23th September 2018. Today I spent 5 hours in Siren's Landing by waiting the giant to complete the achievement "Battle Orr". Wiki has no info about this event and the only website with more info is: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8138ju/battle_orr_achievement/I tried to find that "small log under the tree" but nothing. I think Zurges has writted a info not so precise (or not true?). Why is there no an image in internet about this location? There is only one video on YouTube done by AyinMaiden (

) but that video is useless because you can only watch the event already started. I continue to suppose there is a bug in this event. I opened a ticket for this... I'm waiting for a sign of life from the GW2's staff before the end of this year.

I have completed that and to be honest it does seem to take a long time to start, easiest way if I remember is just stick around the big circle with all the other undead. When the giant spawns follow it around until the Willowdread starts fighting it, until that point the giant is invulnerable. The biggest challenge is getting the event early otherwise it's like the clockwork knight in LD, you'll never be able to make up the difference in health fast enough.

At the moment, after the days spent waiting to see the giant, the biggest challenge is to see the giant, not so much to complete the event. During the last 2 weekends I waited for the giant and after 4 or 5 hours the giant was not generated near the Willowdrear, not near the area indicated on the wiki, not near Melandru's Reliquary, not on the map. In GW2 there are world bosses who have 4 or 5 hours of spawning (Tequall, Karka Queen, Triple Trouble), but I do not remember that this giant is a new big boss in the world. Because there is no pre-event to generate the giant, because I not only have the problem of seeing the giant, I can only think that there is a bug in this event, so I opened a ticket to hope to see a solution. I know it's a small event, it's just a point of achievement, this map has a low population, but it's not possible to have this kind of bug in a map released in July 2017 (after 1 year there are still bugs in this map?) . They created this kind of map just to "use it" in the first weeks after the release, before the next released map, and now it's just a desert, but they have to continue to monitor the whole game and fix the bugs and not just the last released map where many players farm events as if there was no tomorrow. This weekend I will spend again 1 day waiting the giant... good luck.

Some events have a trigger location that you must pass over to start the event. For example, the beehive defend event in Queensdale doesn’t just automatically start unlit unless you enter within a proximity of the beehives. Perhaps this follows something similar?

Edit: Fixed autocorrect error that I just noticed

• 4 months later...

so, it is true that the support on these maps, little frequented by the players, is rather poor. Unfortunately, after months of my last post, I still have not been able to understand if and how to start the event and the rare occasions in which I could still participate in this event, it was completely random (only temporary fortune). For my part, I can only invite you to open tickets with the support service every day waiting for something to happen. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is still happening champ willowdread is there with 3 tree parasites he just keeps walking around nearly5 hours spent waiting and no show for champion unchained giant looked everywhere tried with several different characters ,please fix this issue or replace the achievment with the champion unchained kingpin