Tribulation Caverns jumping puzzle is now harder

I haven't seen any discussions about the update made with Tribulation Caverns jumping puzzle in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, but some updates ago made the jumping puzzle harder to go through. The ice shards pop in shorter time (about half-second as opposed to a full second, giving players less time to react), and it does double damage. Just a heads up.

For some reason the vista puzzle seemed harder last time I tried it. Like the area was darker or something. Idk. Definitely not one I want to repeat if I don't have to. That whole dredge area is just terrible. If I were a new player and I walked into that field of instant death and knockbacks I'd probably have a pretty bad taste in my mouth. lol

But then again I hate pretty much anything having to do with dredge.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:For some reason the vista puzzle seemed harder last time I tried it. Like the area was darker or something. Idk. Definitely not one I want to repeat if I don't have to. That whole dredge area is just terrible. If I were a new player and I walked into that field of instant death and knockbacks I'd probably have a pretty bad taste in my mouth. lol

Personally, I loved the area when I first came through.

But I'm huge on exploration and all things tied to it (jumping puzzles <33333333)

@"cptaylor.2670" said:For some reason the vista puzzle seemed harder last time I tried it. Like the area was darker or something. Idk. Definitely not one I want to repeat if I don't have to. That whole dredge area is just terrible. If I were a new player and I walked into that field of instant death and knockbacks I'd probably have a pretty bad taste in my mouth. lol

I hate anything to do with the dredge as well. I think I was frightened by the movie "The Mole People" when I was a child.

I didn't notice any difference when I did it today. I did keep forgetting that conditions would keep me in combat and reduce my jumps which meant I had to do most of the 'ice wall' part 3 times, but I didn't notice any more ice spikes or them firing off any faster than when I've done it before.

It's entirely possible my memory is wrong, or that I just didn't pay that much attention before, but I can say it wasn't noticeably harder.

@"LeafTanuki.1724" said:Just did it few hours ago, and I don't feel any difference from my previous attempt. Just have a bit of trouble with the ice pillar type, due to not doing any JP in quite a while.

Here's a refresher of how the ice shards pop in the jumping puzzle few years ago. Charge up time used to be two seconds.(Edit: Video URL doesn't retain specific start time. Seek to 2:04.)

@Geekfox.4267 said:Here's a refresher of how the ice shards pop in the jumping puzzle few years ago.That video was posted in December 2012, over five years ago. I suspect that few of us remember how difficult it was back then because we've done it far more recently. (And I'm nearly as sure that the current mechanics have been in place for a while.)

I'm with @Danikat.8537: even if the timing has changed, the strategy is the same: avoid getting hit. If you do get hit, get out-of-combat before proceeding further.

I did that jp ONCE, and only once on my Ranger back when I was at level for that area. Fortunately for me I was grouped with several guildies and as we went through it together, it seemed like having a group just "made" it feel easier when it really wasn't. I shall never take an alt through there...I had nightmares about that place after completing it that one time. Of course it took us longer to do it as we had to start some area over again in order to progress, but you can see where I am on this.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Geekfox.4267 said:Here's a refresher of how the ice shards pop in the jumping puzzle few years ago.That video was posted in December 2012, over five years ago. I suspect that few of us remember how difficult it was back then because we've done it far more recently. (And I'm nearly as sure that the current mechanics have been in place for a while.)

I'm with @Danikat.8537: even if the timing has changed, the strategy is the same: avoid getting hit. If you do get hit, get out-of-combat before proceeding further.

Yup, that's what I said, though I found the puzzle semi-easy to go through before the change. The new change (as I find it very noticeable since the last update) made me stock up on heal and block skills to circumvent the quick rate of the popping ice shards.

Archived