Buying Living Story in a bundle with expansions?

The wiki says you can get Living Story Season 2 bundled together with HoT, but I don't see that option in the store. Or do you automatically get LS2 and LS3 if you buy the HoT/PoF combo?

Also, side question... if I'm logged in during LS4, does that unlock each one as they release, even if I don't have PoF? I think I'm going to buy the expansions in the summer when I get a new PC, and I'd hate to have to buy the current LS separately if I've been playing the game all the while.

Yes as long as you login while its active s4e1 is active untill march the 5th since ep2 will be released the 6th.You dont get the other seasons when you buy the expansions but there may be bundled whole season 2 and another offer for whole season 3 in the gemstore at a discount unsure if thats happening still since I own all of them myself.

There are two things needed be able to play a living world season. The first is that you need the most recent expansion. So for season 3 that is HoT and for season 4 it is pof. The second is the actual story. You unlock it for free when you login when it is the active story (it is also unlocked if you not own the corresponding expansion.) If you missed it, it can be bought in the gemstore.

You have to select which version of PoF or HoT you're going to buy, then before you put in payment details you get the option to add extras. If you pick the standard edition you get taken to a screen advertising the Deluxe and Ultimate edition, then one with a bunch of random stuff. One of those is the other expansion, and then below that there's a bunch of other stuff like mini pets, black lion keys and one of them is Season 2.

For some reason it's not showing me Season 3. It can't be because I already have it because I have Season 2 as well, and I'm not logged into my account on the main site. So it might be that Season 3 isn't offered that way yet and has to be bought from the gem store.

And yes logging in will unlock the Living Story even if you don't own the expansion required to play it. My free account has most of Season 3 and episode 1 of Season 4 unlocked even though I don't have the base game, either expansion or a level 80 character.

By the way, I may be misreading your post but just in case it's unclear logging in only unlocks the current episode, not the entire season. For example if you logged in today you'd get Season 4 Episode 1, but nothing else. So you need to make sure you log in at least once per episode - you can do it any time between when it's released and when the next one is released but you can't log in just once to pick up an entire season.

@Danikat.8537 said:You have to select which version of PoF or HoT you're going to buy, then before you put in payment details you get the option to add extras. If you pick the standard edition you get taken to a screen advertising the Deluxe and Ultimate edition, then one with a bunch of random stuff. One of those is the other expansion, and then below that there's a bunch of other stuff like mini pets, black lion keys and one of them is Season 2.

Ah, cool. So it's possible to just get the HoT/PoF bundle and then add extras. I thought you had to pony up for the Deluxe/Ultimate editions or something and there was no other way.

@Danikat.8537 said:By the way, I may be misreading your post but just in case it's unclear logging in only unlocks the current episode, not the entire season. For example if you logged in today you'd get Season 4 Episode 1, but nothing else. So you need to make sure you log in at least once per episode - you can do it any time between when it's released and when the next one is released but you can't log in just once to pick up an entire season.

No no, I understand that I need to log-in once per episode. If it was once per season that would be too easy.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:You have to select which version of PoF or HoT you're going to buy, then before you put in payment details you get the option to add extras. If you pick the standard edition you get taken to a screen advertising the Deluxe and Ultimate edition, then one with a bunch of random stuff. One of those is the other expansion, and then below that there's a bunch of other stuff like mini pets, black lion keys and one of them is Season 2.

Ah, cool. So it's possible to just get the HoT/PoF bundle and
then
add extras. I thought you had to pony up for the Deluxe/Ultimate editions or something and there was no other way.

@Danikat.8537 said:By the way, I may be misreading your post but just in case it's unclear logging in only unlocks the current episode, not the entire season. For example if you logged in today you'd get Season 4 Episode 1, but nothing else. So you need to make sure you log in at least once per episode - you can do it any time between when it's released and when the next one is released but you can't log in just once to pick up an entire season.

No no, I understand that I need to log-in once per episode. If it was once per season that would be too easy.

I went through the purchase process right up to putting payment details in and I only picked the standard editions but still had the option to add Season 2, so it definitely doesn't need the deluxe or ultimate editions.

And I thought you probably were aware of needing to unlock each episode individually, but I wanted to make sure. I've seen a few people wondering how they could have missed episodes because they thought it worked like season passes in some other games, or was part of the deluxe edition - that once you've got one episode you'll get all the others even if you don't log in.

Archived