Greatsword Scithe skins, please Anet!!

We have already seen it with the dervish npcs, we know it is possible to have it at least as a skin for the greatsword so no more excuses will stand.Please Anet add the scythe skin to greatsword too, it would look amazing on my reaper!!And for the other races we already have clipping for many weapons.At least as a greatsword skin it will make many reapers and dervish fans happy!Pretty pleaseeeee?

@Sylent.3165 said:Won't work due to it already being a staff skin. To many PvP players will complain they can't tell what the enemy is holding. Plus the scythe would only make sense on a reaper and be weird with anyone else using it really.

Exactly this. We already have multiple Scythes for Staff (which I think is the correct choice since a Scythe is incredibly impractical as an actual melee weapon) and having Scythe skins for Greatsword would cause a great deal of confusion especially against classes that can wield both Staff and Greatsword (Reaper, Guardian, Druid). Also, many Greatsword animations would look terrible with a Scythe skin, Hundred Blades with a Scythe? Well I guess that goes back to the fact that a Scythe is not a Weapon but rather a tool. (I do admit that it DOES look like a badass weapon though - as a staff ;) )

@Dantert.1803 said:We have already seen it with the dervish npcs, we know it is possible to have it at least as a skin for the greatsword so no more excuses will stand.Please Anet add the scythe skin to greatsword too, it would look amazing on my reaper!!And for the other races we already have clipping for many weapons.At least as a greatsword skin it will make many reapers and dervish fans happy!Pretty pleaseeeee?

Oh no, would look horrible as a greatsword skin...not because of the skin itself, but because the fighting stance animation that your character have while wielding a greatsword, wouldnt make sense at all lol people were allready complaining that the Scythe was backwards while holding it on combat animation, these would be 100 times worse...I am more on favor to Anet stop being lazy and start making new weapons for us to use, with their OWN ANIMATIONS! Is really lazy in my opinion to give Revs staff as melee and just copy Hammer animations to it...come Anet, you can do better than that.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Dantert.1803 said:We have already seen it with the dervish npcs, we know it is possible to have it at least as a skin for the greatsword so no more excuses will stand.Please Anet add the scythe skin to greatsword too, it would look amazing on my reaper!!And for the other races we already have clipping for many weapons.At least as a greatsword skin it will make many reapers and dervish fans happy!Pretty pleaseeeee?

Oh no, would look horrible as a greatsword skin...not because of the skin itself, but because the fighting stance animation that your character have while wielding a greatsword, wouldnt make sense at all lol people were allready complaining that the Scythe was backwards while holding it on combat animation, these would be 100 times worse...I am more on favor to Anet stop being lazy and start making new weapons for us to use, with their OWN ANIMATIONS! Is really lazy in my opinion to give Revs staff as melee and just copy Hammer animations to it...come Anet, you can do better than that.

Imagine the human female GS animation where they are already dragging it across the ground á la Guts.

Now imagine that it is a Scythe with the blade anchored into the ground, LOL.

The main issue with this idea is how the animations work for greatsword, and how it is held. The handle for a greatsword is much shorter than a scythe, and so both hands are closer together and the weapon is held at a lower angle. This would look very odd with a pole arm type weapon and the subsequent swinging animation would seem out of place. For a comparison, look at how the scythe is held in Reaper Shroud form (including the angle the weapon is held at) and then compare it to how a greatsword is held.

With that being said, it would probably be easier to make scythe skins for hammers, as they are held in a manner that is more similar to how you would hold a scythe, and so would look more natural. We see scythe skins for staff for a similar reason, and it's especially suitable for classes that use staffs as a melee weapon (such as Daredevil or Revenant).

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:The main issue with this idea is how the animations work for greatsword, and how it is held. The handle for a greatsword is much shorter than a scythe, and so both hands are closer together and the weapon is held at a lower angle. This would look very odd with a pole arm type weapon and the subsequent swinging animation would seem out of place. For a comparison, look at how the scythe is held in Reaper Shroud form (including the angle the weapon is held at) and then compare it to how a greatsword is held.

With that being said, it would probably be easier to make scythe skins for hammers, as they are held in a manner that is more similar to how you would hold a scythe, and so would look more natural. We see scythe skins for staff for a similar reason, and it's especially suitable for classes that use staffs as a melee weapon (such as Daredevil or Revenant).

I remember seeing a couple of players in the "no land-spear or..." post that the dervishes present in Istan use guardian-greatsword animations. Even so, there are likely animations where it wouldn't work. Quite unfortunate.

There's already a hammer skin that looks like a bulky, ineffective scythe. This pictures I found of it, however, show it being held the opposite way a scythe would. The glacial hammer looks a lot like a great axe, though, so this could be possible in the future.

Archived