Your MM and rank system is broken. I'm done

yanniell.1236

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:What time are you queueing at? If you’re queueing in times where not a lot of people play you get matched with lower tier and lose far more than you win. At least that’s the case in plat 3.

Time of day is not anywhere close to a good justification for this. This is not the first time someone has brought this problem up. You reach a certain MMR and then this starts to happen. Its one of the flaws with the ELO-MMR system in general.

Clearly this thief is good but the system has decided to screw with his rating because of matchmaking.

high plat2 and plat 3 = shit gain for rating and big loses for rating.

Don't focus to much on rating level and just play to stay in "plat", this game has the worse system possible but the combat system is unmatch imo. It's the only reason i even play, however a few things could be looked at.

@Ragion.2831 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:What time are you queueing at? If you’re queueing in times where not a lot of people play you get matched with lower tier and lose far more than you win. At least that’s the case in plat 3.

Time of day is not anywhere close to a good justification for this. This is not the first time someone has brought this problem up. You reach a certain MMR and then this starts to happen. Its one of the flaws with the ELO-MMR system in general.

Clearly this thief is good but the system has decided to screw with his rating because of matchmaking.

This is how it should work however. If you're top100 for example, you should lose more than winning considering you're supposed to be better than 99% of players. I had that in hero battles in guild wars 1 ( happened in GvG too), where any win would grant +2 and almost any lose would give me a solid -15.

The latter should concern why some matchs are on a poor quality. 501-69 giving a +12 tells opponents were better, but the score probably means someone afked or setups were completly unbalanced..

They will never fix it, It's been years like this now.At least you get easy blowout matches to win with. However, I'm on that losing side of blowout matches... (So it feels even worse averaging 2 wins out of 10 games on bad days)

When matchmaking scrapes people from Gold 1 with Plat 3/Legendary, you know it's going to be a train wreck.

Being in gold 3, I've played with the top 10 ppl multiple occasions in 2-3 days, hows that for fair?

I was plat 2 last season. Went 5-5 in placements. In a normal game, I'd be plat 2 again. Nope. Gold 2. But since Anet is completely and utterly clueless as to how matchmaking works, I STARTED the season gaining 10 and losing 26. As you can imagine, when you throw in the random silvers and bronzes in my now gold 3 games.... i'm more or less hard stuck.

@"rwolf.9571" said:They will never fix it, It's been years like this now.At least you get easy blowout matches to win with. However, I'm on that losing side of blowout matches... (So it feels even worse averaging 2 wins out of 10 games on bad days)

When matchmaking scrapes people from Gold 1 with Plat 3/Legendary, you know it's going to be a train wreck.

Being in gold 3, I've played with the top 10 ppl multiple occasions in 2-3 days, hows that for fair?

The best part is, if you don't beat those legendary players the system says you belong lower than gold.

I brought up these issues back in s4-5.... All I ever got was "matchmaking works fine, you're at your true rating"....

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"rwolf.9571" said:They will never fix it, It's been years like this now.At least you get easy blowout matches to win with. However, I'm on that losing side of blowout matches... (So it feels even worse averaging 2 wins out of 10 games on bad days)

The best part is, if you don't beat those legendary players the system says you belong lower than gold.

I brought up these issues back in s4-5.... All I ever got was "matchmaking works fine, you're at your true rating"....

Or if you can't carry 4 low elo players against 5 higher elo players. As long as the MM isn't working as intended, they need to do smt about the rank system. Look at my screenshot, how is that far that I need to carry people and win 3 out of 4 to be up FIVE points and climb SLOWLY from plat 2 to plat 3? Why would I even play that? Imagine lose a unwinnable match, or have an afk on your team, and lose points worthy 3 wins. That is just LOL.

As flattering as that is, MM, nobody is THAT good. 75% winrate on the long run is unreal. The currently #1 NA has 67% WR.

@yanniell.1236 said:

Or if you can't carry 4 low elo players against 5 higher elo players. As long as the MM isn't working as intended, they need to do smt about the rank system. Look at my screenshot, how is that far that I need to carry people and win 3 out of 4 to be up FIVE points and climb SLOWLY from plat 2 to plat 3? Why would I even play that? Imagine lose a unwinnable match, or have an afk on your team, and lose points worthy 3 wins. That is just LOL.

As flattering as that is, MM, nobody is THAT good. 75% winrate on the long run is unreal. The currently #1 NA has 67% WR.

Wintrading has a high success rate and a 0% drawback rate

I don't kow what leads Anet to think that matching 1x high rank player with 4x low rank player versus 5x average players is fair. Sure, the overall rank of the teams might be similiar, but it's like saying a 4th league football team with Messi has equal chances to win against an average premiere league team. Just because the teams have same value.

They might say that 99% of matches are mathematicaly equal, and prove if with statistics, but that doesn't mean the games are actually balanced and fair. They could check the % of blow out matches and see that matches are not as fair as they think.

Anyway my suggestion for you is to queue only in prime time where the chances of trully equal matches is obviously highest. That's what I do and really have mostly fair matches. It sucks that you are basically forced to play only in certain time to get good matches, but that's price for low queue time and also low pvp population.

How are we supposed to fix this system? The algorithm is great, there just aren't enough players for it to work. Instead of bringing more players in, we drive them out by complaining about everything, and making the algorithm not work because it doesn't have enough people to match us up against, causing more complaining, then more people leaving, making it worse for those of us still here. The answer? Bring more players in and complain less. Or duo queue. When controlling games with another great player, we were able to swap classes to fill holes, and win literally 9 out of 10 games on average. Seriously, I think I've lost MAYBE 5 games total with this one random guy I found in a match I played, and over the course of 10 different days, we wrecked house. His words were "before you came along, I lost most of my games" to which I responded "I'm at a 50% win rate in the last week, so let's try this". Cleaned house honestly. No voice chat, complete rando I found, and turned out great. Reach out to your community, find a player who doesn't look like they are doing bad, and just stick with them. Seriously different results. Once you at plat2, then everyone is just as screwed as you are, but at least knows enough to reach it. If you want to argue with me on that, I can show you my win screenshots with him and my "last 10 games" screenshots. Just PM me if you don't believe me.

I don't think that "there are not enough people because you complain and don't bring people in". The people should be brought in by a fun game system, which is not the pvp now. If 80% of the players is complaining, maybe the system should be revisited. You can't ask to playing something that is just frustrating and pretending from the player not just to stay but also to bring people in, people that will probably forced to play this alone ranked dump which is now...

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"yanniell.1236" said:I'll be back when you're not artificially choosing where people "belong".
3OalGWp.png

you gained 29 points while beating weaker teams, whats the issue? In any case if your not having fun and stressing about a league table then your playing the wrong type of game.

You will be in his place soon enough...and somebody else will take your place playing devil's advocate, as he was playing it when other players before him were complaining about the same issue

Archived