Ranger Pets

Ossyrana.1637

I realized none of the new PoF pets are allowed under water. Unclear why this is. I’d like to have my jacaranda and fern hound with me underwater. I mean... I have a Sylvari that swims and is essentially a plant like a jacaranda and my leafy wolf, so I see no reason why they shouldn’t be able to do the same. Yeah, I know a plant can technically drown in too much water but that doesn’t keep my salad commander from defying rules, does it lol. Plus, canines love swimming! It makes no damn sense that it’s not permitted to participate in a refreshing activity it is known to enjoy, especially when all the wild cats (whom are typically notorious for disliking water) from the base game are duel purposed land/water creatures. And the silly thing is that it’s not even consistent since the new cheetah and rock lion are apparently only land pets.

Whether it gets changed or not, I’ll just keep continuing to pretend that no matter what animal I equip, it’s the same single sylvan pup I’ve had by my side since I woke up from the dream; that it has merely communed with all the animals we’ve discovered and absorbed their abilities and appearances like Kirby so it can shape shift when need be lol. Just as it also transforms into my mounts (though that only applies to my ranger, of course). Except I pretend that it’s always a leafy variant, ‘cause I’m the kind of person that just absolutely cannot seem to combine normal skinned animals or clothing/armor with my plant bodies lol. It’s gotta be all plant lmao.

If you’re hoping for more water content and care about such, feel free to comment below with your feelings and ideas for more water pets or other design features.

All the best,Nala Avalon

• 2 weeks later...

I also wish there were more planty animals to go with my Sylvari ranger. Currently, as soulbeast, I am enjoying the jacaranda a lot. Love the Spiritual Reprieve F3 heal!! I like the gazelle purely because of the kick lol, but I would have rathered it look a bit different. Not very cute. Though frankly, a lot of pets aren’t portrayed fairly. Like why the heck do they think a polar bear should have those ugly black wrinkly lines on it’s forehead?! It doesn’t directly affect me, since I can’t use it for my Sylvari... but still. I’m reminded of it every time I see one. It should have a more beautifully done representation. Also, speaking of kicks, I really wish that if we didn’t have weapons equipped, our characters would resort to martial arts moves for their skills. Kinda like in Phantasy Star Online for the GameCube. That’d be fun.

Archived