Preparing for wvw

Ayikol.1945

The general tip is "Whatever you're most familiar/comfortable with playing".

Past that it depends on what sort of things you want to do in WvW, Zerging is going to be stuff like: Guardian, Necro, Warrior, Revenant, Elementalist. While group Roaming can be just about anything really, depends more on the group itself. While 1-2 man Roaming will pretty much be 90% Thief + Mesmer, and a little bit of Ranger, Engineer, and Warrior. (Basically, you got to be able to run like the wind to get away from larger groups, or stealth/teleport away to safety).

After that looking at the MetaBattle website is a good "start", to test out some of the builds and find one that you like/feel comfortable with. And as you play and get more familiar with it, tweak and change it, until you start making your own builds that fits your play-style better.

Most of it however, comes down to just getting out there and getting killed, over and over and over and over. You will die in WvW, no matter what. It's really the only way to learn.

a mirage should never lose a 1v1. even mediocre ones. They might not win every fight, but they have the tools to reset the fight and/or get away. Bad ones that try to face tank or stand around confused when their cheese shot did not 1-shot may die, but anyone else with half a brain won't die. Mesmers have no counters 1v1. Thats 1v1 though. Their usefulness and impact start dropping the more people are in a fight.

@mulzi.8273 said:a mirage should never lose a 1v1. even mediocre ones. They might not win every fight, but they have the tools to reset the fight and/or get away. Bad ones that try to face tank or stand around confused when their cheese shot did not 1-shot may die, but anyone else with half a brain won't die. Mesmers have no counters 1v1. Thats 1v1 though. Their usefulness and impact start dropping the more people are in a fight.

I decided to play a research final mele soulbest

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:what you play the most =) they all good. though many run thief ranger ele engi guars necro mes war rev

I need to enter 9 with acc and execute all of them :astonished:

what do you like to use when playing?

close fight gs ,sword/axe, dagger

spell breaker =)

like dude :) spell breakersomeone else was a lie

and decided to set up a trap thief

@Ayikol.1945 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:what you play the most =) they all good. though many run thief ranger ele engi guars necro mes war rev

spell breaker =)

ok =)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQNAoaVlsMhunYzTw8Jw/EHtElvMujUkPE3QQoDgDYBA-T1SAQBVb/hcovhCHQBFcIASn5vro8DAHogDq+j0OBAR7JAoBlgECYxaA-w

Do you think such a build would work?

@Ayikol.1945 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

very low condi preassure so you will hardly down anything , no stunbreak, no immob break so you are easy to pin down. but will do enough to be annoying if that is your goal, tho i prefer annoying and lethal.

@Ayikol.1945 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

i am no theif expert. =) so, i have no theif advise. guess and check is all i can say.

@MUDse.7623 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

very low condi preassure so you will hardly down anything , no stunbreak, no immob break so you are easy to pin down. but will do enough to be annoying if that is your goal, tho i prefer annoying and lethal.

Do you have a suggestion?

@mulzi.8273 said:a mirage should never lose a 1v1. even mediocre ones. They might not win every fight, but they have the tools to reset the fight and/or get away. Bad ones that try to face tank or stand around confused when their cheese shot did not 1-shot may die, but anyone else with half a brain won't die. Mesmers have no counters 1v1. Thats 1v1 though. Their usefulness and impact start dropping the more people are in a fight.

playstyles like that from mirage and thief made me almost completely quit wvw roaming, and thus gw2

@RedShark.9548 said:

playstyles like that from mirage and thief made me almost completely quit wvw roaming, and thus gw2

Not much of a fan of random dodgerolls in the middle of nowhere i suppose?Always be prepared to get oneshot out of nowhere :expressionless:

@Ayikol.1945 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

for a pure condi build ? no. i dont like to play pure condi myself as i do think power damage is mostly superior because there is not as much counter to it.

@MUDse.7623 said:

spell breaker =)

ok =)

for a pure condi build ? no. i dont like to play pure condi myself as i do think power damage is mostly superior because there is not as much counter to it.

d/d buildI hear that you can build a more durable structure

@jojohome.3159 said:

Not much of a fan of random dodgerolls in the middle of nowhere i suppose?Always be prepared to get oneshot out of nowhere :expressionless:

yes, but mostly the fact that they can reset the fight as many times as they want and when they are finally able to win they chase you over the whole map to kill you, throw siege on you and flame in whisper for running away...

Archived