We all hate condi dmg..but we all need it, that's the truth

Arheundel.6451

Majority of players are no fans of condi dmg, most of us literally hate condi dmg, myself I tend to "strongly" dislike condi dmg but......let's be realistic and truthful with ourselves, we all know that condi dmg itself it's the only reliable way to deal with the plethora of builds out there which are virtually immune to direct dmg, be it : through constant access to evasion, perma protection/stability. massive healing, high levels of toughness, spammable weakness ...you mention it.

We all hate scourge ( at least those who don't main it) but we all bloody need it, without it...the game would devolve in an absurd travesty, such is the level of boonspam in the game atm, really nobody should have access to perma anything, but the proper fix for that would require the massive removal of gear/amulets and that's something really none of us ( including the devs) want as that would trash all game modes from raids to wvw.

Made this thread not because I main a necro but because I believe the next round of nerfs should be the last for the class...unless the devs give a serious pass on boonspam because as I have said nothing should be perma...food for thought...enough with "nerf scourge" threads

it would not hurt the game at all if they removed condition dmg completlyexchanging it through soft cc onlythat way balancing would be much easierthey could also get rid of most of the stat combinations toomakeing the game even more lean? and stright forwardthere are so many useless stat combos runes and sigils

@wanya.1697 said:it would not hurt the game at all if they removed condition dmg completlyexchanging it through soft cc only that way balancing would be much easierthey could also get rid of most of the stat combinations toothat way makeing the game even more lean? and stright forwardthere are so many useless stat combos runes and sigils

I cant still see condition work, some conditions need to be transformed has hexes and some weapons on some classes need to cast conditions to hexes, while conditions need to be seperated from conditions that can be aplyed by melee/range weapons from hexes or spells.

Another way is make resistance just a stat and make it the damage reducer for condition, make stability its own mechanic with skills that can cancel it, beside boon spam vs cc spam.

the solution is easy.

give necro rapid fire spinal shivers as the new staff auto attack and make wells ammunition based and give it loss aversion from spellbreaker

the game would be better if necros could put down 3 wells of suffering and 3 wells of corruption on a point

You do remember what it was like before HoT right? condi was pointless and if you were running anything but berserk you'd be kicked from high level parties. What I'm saying is, it's all about balance and it can change. To say 'we' Hate or 'we' Need isn't really true at all. That comes with any current balance of the meta. People will love and hate a wide range from any meta across the board. Best case is they make things to balance to both power and condi where they are viable in every game type depending on what class and trait set up you have. Is it perfect right now? No, but it's not in a bad place either.

Condi is needed in this game. If everything were power, it would get old fast. Because of the diversity, we have builds that shine AS condi players, AGAINST condi players, and same with power. If there were no condi, then build choice would get really boring. Let's take JUST ONE build as an example. Fresh air ele, considered less viable than it used to be, can run 2 different builds. One is better at dealing with condi, and has lower burst damage, and the other can't deal with condi, but can burst harder. Without condi around, you would only see 1 build of that, and it would hit everything harder. You'd see their weapons, and know exactly what it is before you engaged. With the game as it is now, you may aggress them as a condi player and melt them, or get smacked down, but know your power friends aren't going to be hit as hard, which is good for your team. Without this, the only damage options would be the best performing in the power category and would knock classes completely out of viability in higher level play just because they can't hit as hard. There would be boring support with only direct heals and protection instead of thinking of how you are supporting, you just SPAM THE HEALS. I LOVE to complain about condi. Oh boy do I. And I hate playing it a ton. I do however think it's very healthy for the game, but a great rage starter. Try a class/build with more cleanse, or find a firebrand to back you up maybe? You'll have more fun, I promise.

Archived