Why players wearing no armor are not yet banned for match manipulation?

Urejt.5648

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Dristig.9678 said:All your stats come from your amulet. Naked is totally valid.

Armor reduction still does apply from your armor. Ergo, wearing no Armor in sPvP does increase the DMG taken. If you open your PvP panel you can see the stat changing as you remove your armor.

Pixels sexiness is a weapon to u know :) it is not all about armor stats!

Players not using armor it is the same as a guardian with spritit weapons on ranked xD

Let's just ban any rev that wants to play as well because they aren't optimal. Next, let's ban everyone that is under gold rank. Then we'll ban everyone anyone that has a bad match until no one is left. But seriously, having a sub optimal comp due to the matchmaking queue is more important than running naked, therefor it basically doesn't matter. Also, anet said that they knew it was a bug, and it was very low priority, therefore it's not a real issue.

Honestly, I think the reason this situation needs to be handled with care is precisely because some people believe that armor has no bearing on your stats in PvP (you can tell just by some of the replies on these kinds of threads). The fact that so many players believe this is the case shows that all the mechanics regarding PvP builds have not been properly communicated to players in-game. So, the question then becomes "Is it fair to punish players for a problem they might not even be aware of?"

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:"Is it fair to punish players for a problem they might not even be aware of?"

Yes. You are handed the required pieces when you create your character, and it is a bug that arenanet have stated on at LEAST one of these posts (recently actually, but too many to go through to find YET AGAIN) that is low priority, but is known, and will be fixed whenever as it isn't that big of a deal.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:"Is it fair to punish players for a problem they might not even be aware of?"

Yes. You are handed the required pieces when you create your character, and it is a bug that arenanet have stated on at LEAST one of these posts (recently actually, but too many to go through to find YET AGAIN) that is low priority, but is known, and will be fixed whenever as it isn't that big of a deal.

The problem therein is that the forums are not seen by all players. In fact, I'd guess only a small minority of the actual player base of GW2 ever visits these forums. Information on mechanics needs to be communicated in game, we can't expect everyone to read every post and know exactly what's going on.

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:Honestly, I think the reason this situation needs to be handled with care is precisely because some people believe that armor has no bearing on your stats in PvP (you can tell just by some of the replies on these kinds of threads). The fact that so many players believe this is the case shows that all the mechanics regarding PvP builds have not been properly communicated to players in-game. So, the question then becomes "Is it fair to punish players for a problem they might not even be aware of?"

But even if they are aware, is fair to punish them based in a choice made for easthetics or ego? I mean: what if I want to play a Spiritual Weapon Guardian? What If I want to play to play condi Renegade? What if I want to play a healer Thief with Mender's amulet? As long as I'm in the match means that I earned a slot in the fight, so you can't punish people for playing sub par builds JUST TO HAVE FUN.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:Honestly, I think the reason this situation needs to be handled with care is precisely because some people believe that armor has no bearing on your stats in PvP (you can tell just by some of the replies on these kinds of threads). The fact that so many players believe this is the case shows that all the mechanics regarding PvP builds have not been properly communicated to players in-game. So, the question then becomes "Is it fair to punish players for a problem they might not even be aware of?"

But even if they are aware, is fair to punish them based in a choice made for easthetics or ego? I mean: what if I want to play a Spiritual Weapon Guardian? What If I want to play to play condi Renegade? What if I want to play a healer Thief with Mender's amulet? As long as I'm in the match means that I earned a slot in the fight, so you can't punish people for playing sub par builds JUST TO HAVE FUN.

Well, I'm not sure what would constitute the theme of being naked, but even then, a player could remove the armor that counts and still use an outfit, thus incurring the armor reduction penalty without actually appearing naked to other players. In that case, you wouldn't even be able to judge by appearance anymore. Lol.

In the end, it would really depends on whether the player is changing their builds/appearance for fun, or if they are doing it to intentionally make things more difficult for themselves or their team. I could see the latter constituting a ban under the right circumstances, but that's a rather moot point because the person with the ban hammer cannot necessarily know a player's intent in that regard. To fix an issue, if you do indeed see it as an issue, it's better to tweak/fix the game's mechanics themselves than it is to try and discern each player's actions on a one-on-one basis. That's basically the point I was getting at.

Archived