Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo ... Anet pls!

This is the only glider/backpack combo that I have ever wanted despite having almost all of them so far from chests or gemstore purchases. This was only available through an uncommon drop from a BL chest and never for sale in the gemstore. Although I sunk a lot of money into keys I never received this item as a drop. No complaints i get how rng works and I know its a gamble but could you PLEASE for the love of the six put this in the gemstore for the march sale OR make this available through BL Statuettes so I can finally purchase it. 0.5 seconds in the gemstore and seriously and you have my money on this item. Please consider making this available for purchase.

Thx

I'm hoping it will show up in statuettes for their next cycle, myself. I bought 25 more keys than I normally would in hopes of getting the glider package, and no luck. I'm holding onto the statuettes I have and holding off on further key purchases for a while until I see it on the vendor list.

@Purgatori.3645 said:This is the only glider/backpack combo that I have ever wanted despite having almost all of them so far from chests or gemstore purchases. This was only available through an uncommon drop from a BL chest and never for sale in the gemstore. Although I sunk a lot of money into keys I never received this item as a drop. No complaints i get how rng works and I know its a gamble but could you PLEASE for the love of the six put this in the gemstore for the march sale OR make this available through BL Statuettes so I can finally purchase it. 0.5 seconds in the gemstore and seriously and you have my money on this item. Please consider making this available for purchase.

Thx

Yes, please. I've done the same OP buying lots of keys for the glider. Make it available directly would be nice. I'll pay 1000 gems ;) 2000 gems if we want to go by mount SKIN logic.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

@Donari.5237 said:I'm hoping it will show up in statuettes for their next cycle, myself. I bought 25 more keys than I normally would in hopes of getting the glider package, and no luck. I'm holding onto the statuettes I have and holding off on further key purchases for a while until I see it on the vendor list.

It was available for statuettes a few months back. I know this because that's how I got mine...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Donari.5237 said:I'm hoping it will show up in statuettes for their next cycle, myself. I bought 25 more keys than I normally would in hopes of getting the glider package, and no luck. I'm holding onto the statuettes I have and holding off on further key purchases for a while until I see it on the vendor list.

It was available for statuettes a few months back. I know this because that's how I got mine...

Yep, if you read a couple of comments below the quoted post I noted it at the time and bought it then :)

@moveon.6071 said:

@moveon.6071 said:I hope it will be back in the near future. Want this so badly :(

Black Lion Chest Updates AS OF NOVEMBER 13TH! TODAY!

"Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo returns to the chest..."

I was hoping it will be available for statuettes. Gonna try my luck with gambling :(

Good luck! And I'm sure it will come back around for statuettes again as @Donari.5237 previously stated. If not now, then maybe when Wintersday starts or the new episode of season 4! Best glider/back pack in game! Make sure you save your statuettes just in case! lol

FYI this glider, along with four other packages and many other skins, is a choice from the Black Lion Exclusives Chest. Currently the TP cost of the BLEC is 945 gold (~700 gold buy offers). That's roughly about 2800-2900 gems if you converted from gold at today's exchange rate. (Much less if you bought gems earlier and less still if you try for a buy order, which you can reasonably expect to go through.)

The BLEC has been available for around 3-4 months since BL chests started going with 'seasons'. When it does, the price is typically closer to 450-650 gold, often as low as 300-350. (And like statuettes, the list of offerings changes.) At those times, it translated to the equivalent of 1600 gems or less.

While that sounds like a lot, even 2900 gems only gets you 30 keys at normal prices and that's nothing close to enough to guarantee the uncommon drop you want and only about half of the probably 60 statuettes you'd need to fund it that way. That is: yes, it's pricey, it's just less pricey than rolling the dice.

It's up to each person to decide if it's worth those costs.

I do encourage people to pick up one BLEC the next time it shows up in the rotation (perhaps in 9 months? hard to predict) on the off chance that something you want later (maybe even 6 months after that) becomes available as a selection.

Archived