Prediction (and not likely a spoiler) for tomorrow's Living Season update

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Joko is behind all of this, at least there is little chance he would be appearing in the second episode of season 4.So, episode 2 has a chance to at least "show" us a bad guy, or something bad to fight. Episode 2 looks to take place (in part) where episode 1 ended. There were lots of inquest bodies and someone had to have been smarter (or outsmarted) Taimi with regards to Scruffy.

puts on tin foil hatAnyone seen Phlunt lately?

@"Malerine.5762" said:Personnaly according to the sing Joko could be again the saver ;). Maybe that time we will find a way to uncorrupt him

I just got this awesome mental image of Joko holding a microphone in one hand, leaning in slowly, and then he starts to sing:"Fear not this night..."The darkness around everyone pulses and then explodes into anti-matter."Though shadows fall.."The world breaks and everything ends."Still the stars find a way."A tree breaks from the void, is it Yggdrasil, born from the ashes of hope?"fear not this night..."The tree is set aflame as a swarm of scarabs flies from the now deathmetal screaming Joko."who needs the light, anyway?"

@"Palador.2170" said:Given the use of "bug" in the name, I think we're going to see some of his (their) research into recreating the scarab plague.

Here I thought the "bug" referred to the members of Dragons Watch entering the former Inquest base to disrupt the operation.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Palador.2170" said:Given the use of "bug" in the name, I think we're going to see some of his (their) research into recreating the scarab plague.

Here I thought the "bug" referred to the members of Dragons Watch entering the former Inquest base to disrupt the operation.

From the trailer I'd rather think that the Inquest operation was disrupted some time ago (perhaps by a bug in the magitech system?) and the base now serves as a hub for Joko's forces to be distributed. Has anyone tried to identify the background of the "portals" the Awakened come from? To me it looks Elonian, but I was too busy wrecking said Awakened. Also, I agree on the player not witnessing Joko being released although it is said that Joko is bound "By Balths will". With Balth dead, it would make perfect sense for Joko to escape. But who is to say that another force can't do what we have done and just impersonate Joko in front of his Awakened?

One thing I noticed is that there is more to explore under the last fight with Scruffy 2.0 at the end of Daybreak. The main computer suggests that the lab has been running for over 7 years already, so we're dealing with someone with a long-term plan (who has likely been impersonating Joko for a long time as well)There are also 6 smaller containment pods and one prominent one. The 6 smaller ones show only one active, one extinct and the remainder I believe are dormant. My first thought was Dragons, however Zhaitan and Mordremoth are dead so the numbers wouldn't match. Could they be references to the six gods instead? Not sure on that one either.

Now the only worrying bit I have is that this main containment pod shows as the records being deleted etc, if this is some kind of origin story for Scarlet Briar I'm gonna be annoyed.

@Tsumiju.3071 said:if this is some kind of origin story for Scarlet Briar I'm gonna be annoyed.

Season 1 confirmed! :)

Given the clamor for season 1 I doubt they will ignore it but at the same time I can not see them recreating season 1 as it was. Maybe a side story or another point of view or some background. Hopefully it will not be just a fractal recreating the events or something.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I would be really disappointed if they keep Joko away. This is the best character GW franchise ever had, he should be the most prominent, sinister villain in the game. I fear at the end they give Joko 0 justice - like they did with white mantle, Lazarus and whole mursaat race.

It's a mistake to overuse your best villain, though. His appearances should be something special, and a direct fight against him should be the climax of the story.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I would be really disappointed if they keep Joko away. This is the best character GW franchise ever had, he should be the most prominent, sinister villain in the game. I fear at the end they give Joko 0 justice - like they did with white mantle, Lazarus and whole mursaat race.

It's a mistake to overuse your best villain, though. His appearances should be something special, and a direct fight against him should be the climax of the story.

I think Joko is far from being overused. We've met him once!

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

One time too many. How Joko gets the positive reception he does baffles me. He's a tedious, one-note cardboard cut-out of a villain. If he has any personality at all I've yet to see it.

@Tiny Doom.4380 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

One time too many. How Joko gets the positive reception he does baffles me. He's a tedious, one-note cardboard cut-out of a villain. If he has any personality at all I've yet to see it.

Compared to elder dragons he's the best thing this franchise ever had.

@"Tiny Doom.4380" said:One time too many. How Joko gets the positive reception he does baffles me. He's a tedious, one-note cardboard cut-out of a villain. If he has any personality at all I've yet to see it.

hence why more "sass" in his character would totally work, it would be like fighting skeletor with a better array of jokes

I think Joko's charm lies in his arrogance. I know that sounds weird, but when you have someone that truly places themselves above the consequences of gods and mortals, you seriously start to question how far down the rabbit hole they've fallen. Add to this, Joko is ancient (several centuries old, I think) and he still lives (although he's a lich), that he lived through everything he did is a testament to his determination to be known and feared. Truth be told, I want to see how flammable a lich is...

tl:dr - Joko has enough charisma to work his role in the story.

Archived