Unable to use soulbound bags to upgrade said bags*.

There's an asterisk, so I'll get to the point.

When crafting the 24-, 28- or 32-slot bags, 24-slot and 28-slot bags are considered account-bind on make, soul-bind on equip. 32-slot bags are account-bound regardless. However, if you soulbind the 24- or 28-slot bags to a character other than your 500 crafting discipline, you're stuck in one of two scenarios:

1> You're out of luck.2> That character needs to learn 500 in that discipline to upgrade the bag (and make it account-bound again).

Not being able to use these bags for further upgrades is both a waste of resources and time, especially if you don't have the gold nor resources to make a 500 armor, tailor or leather. At this point, it would be more feasible to spend resources unlocking extra slots.

In short: You can't upgrade a bag if it was soulbound to someone else.

This is both frustrating and pointless, in my opinion.

I can understand the 32-slot bags being account-wide. Can't we do the same for the 24- and 28-slot bags, considering it takes significant resources (primarily gold) to make already?

TL;DR: I was expecting to be able to upgrade another character's bag, on the same account. I can't, because it's soulbound.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:This lament was posted about quite a bit at the time of implementation. I believe there was a Dev post or two about it. I believe that the consensus (from the Devs) was it is intended, and would not be changed in the near future. You'd have to use some kind of search feature to make sure.

Good luck.

It is what it is, then. Those will be two bags I'll not be upgrading, and I'll be exercising stronger discretion with upgrading bags in the future.

Consider this thread closed.

easy fix....

step 1: place the soulbound bag into BANK VAULTstep 2: log into the crafting characterstep 3: open the crafting panel and go to the recipe you want.... (the soulbound bag will be counted as one of the ingredients in the recipe for the upgrade, because it's in the bank vault.)

[EDIT: this is intended as a SUGGESTION as to how to fix this problem]

@Forgotten Legend.9281 said:easy fix....

step 1: place the soulbound bag into BANK VAULTstep 2: log into the crafting characterstep 3: open the crafting panel and go to the recipe you want.... (the soulbound bag will be counted as one of the ingredients in the recipe for the upgrade, because it's in the bank vault.)

Have you tried this becouse usualy you cant craft if the item is soulbound to one of your other characters.

• 1 month later...

[EDIT: this is intended as a SUGGESTION as to how to fix this problem]

This does not work.

1. You can only use a bag that has been crafted. Non-crafted bags from Achievements or Holiday theme earned do not count as Crafted bags.
  2. The crafted bag must be completely emptied.
  3. The bag must be unequipped from an active bag slot, into an inventory slot within another bag, or placed within your personal Bank tab.
  4. If the top steps have been followed, then you should be able to then use it as part of the Crafting recipe item, for crafting greater storage allowance bags.

Exa: If the bag is not emptied, and then not unequipped, the recipe will not recognize the bag as part of an item in an inventory to be used in a recipe.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

1. You can only use a bag that has been crafted. Non-crafted bags from Achievements or Holiday theme earned do not count as Crafted bags.
  2. The crafted bag must be completely emptied.
  3. The bag must be unequipped from an active bag slot, into an inventory slot within another bag, or placed within your personal Bank tab.
  4. If the top steps have been followed, then you should be able to then use it as part of the Crafting recipe item, for crafting greater storage allowance bags.

Exa: If the bag is not emptied, and then not unequipped, the recipe will not recognize the bag as part of an item in an inventory to be used in a recipe.

I think you did not read the OP at all. This thread is about the new PoF bags, not the old ones.

The 24- and 28-slot ones are soulbound on use. The OP mentioned this correctly.

Archived