Loot chests in Palawadan and Great Hall in Domain of Istan.

The loot chests in Palawadan and the Great Hall are effed up and appear open already and are not lootable. I've finished the story on the character I was trying the meta on, so I know it can't be that. I haven't ever done the meta before, so a cooldown shouldn't be limiting me. So what is it? Some weird condition that must be met? Like the moons and planets aren't in alignment? Maybe the relative humidity isn't right. The loot fairy forgot to refill the chests... Buggy code? Dunno, but it would be nice if it worked.

1) If you didn't do the event, the chests will not re-spawn for you.2)Apparently something was wrong with Warden Amala and that part of the meta is disabled currently. Any chests that would open (the ones inside the great hall) for defeating her won't be accessible till they turn the event back on.3)They have a cool-down timer on them. (but its ~~longer ~~ Shorter than the meta is so it shouldn't matter)

There is definitely something buggy going on.

I did Palawadan the other day, started right from the beginning, fighting the gate guards. The first two chests appeared on the map, but when I went to them, they appeared as already open and could not be interacted with, though they remained as icons on the map. Like the OP experienced.

After those two, though, the rest of the chests worked normally.

And I hadn't done Palawadan in weeks, so that is a heck of a cooldown.

To make explicit what has been implied several times already in this thread: each of the chests in the Great Hall and Palawadan is tied to the participation and completion of a specific event in their respective event chain. If you didn't do the specific event that triggers a chest (or possibly did, but didn't get enough participation), the chest will be unavailable on that run. This works reasonably straightforward in the case of the Great Hall where each event, starting with opening the gate, makes two different chests available, whereas the final boss fight against Amala (currently disabled) gives you the four chests in that hall.

Palawadan is a more complicated issue. The first two Palawadan chests are known to be buggy and frequently are unavailable even when you're doing the whole thing right from the start. Winning the final boss fight against Iberu also may make available again some (but in my experience not all) chests from previous events in addition to all the chests that are specifically triggered by that fight. There also seems to be an upper limit on the number of chests you can open during a Palawadan event chain.

For all those who implied I didn't do the event: Why would you think I'd complain if I hadn't? I did the last half of the Great Hall event and the chests in the parts I did (part after going up the stairs/fountains and Amala) did not become lootable. I did the first bit of Palawadan (market area and some of the hall) and none of those chests became lootable. I got participation just fine.

Maybe next time, if this happens again, I will try the waypoint thing to see if that works.

Archived