Can we do something about this lovely "KP" as measurement of skill and kills in raids?

No this isnt a post complaining about people asking for decorative tokens and crafting materials as proof of how skilled you are,because we already know how silly it is that crafting mats and tokens are used for such things, but rather the rng behind the amount of tokens you get after each kill. Twice now i killed Dhuum,not as special as people hype it up to be after you nail down the strategy but both times i only got 1 dhuum token, rng makes it so that people can reach double digits with 2 kills, making them seem more "experienced" than people with bad luck(me included) who might have more kills but the amount of tokens droped was bad. Isnt there a way to implement something like a squad announcement command that will show in chat how many times you cleared the bosses and events of the wing you are in? Or maybe make a new tab in hero panel where we can see and post the amounts of times we cleared bosses in chat. At this point unlucky people like me and others will have to try for at least a month to reach double digit numbers of tokens to be able to be accepted in groups.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I collect dhuum kp just to prove how bad luck my loot is.. the rest I'd donate to gh instantly.. I always get the lowest number of kp .. 1 from dhuum this week (like every other week). But I believe I will get dhuum bench to compensate this very soon /hopeful /strong believe

We have talked about this many times before. The addition of a proper character inspection feature would fix all of these issues. It would include everything from gear to build and even amount of boss kills. Something that would be disabled by default. But people do not like to have things convenient.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Eh w/e. I use them all the time and not a single person ever notices.

And even if they notice, they often give you the benefit of doubt. I remember my guild mates looking for pugs and someone joined, and they commented in guild chat how fake their LI spam looked and they were making fun of it. They didn't care though and did the raid with him.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Oh no, I believe you. I'm just saying the large majority of people just don't care man.

Oh, yeah. For the older wings and/or when filling in for occasional missing member from a static, of course. But in the Dhuum pugs I've been people watched for chat codes. It really is about how hard is the content for the group. The harder the content, the stricter the requirements usually.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:How about disabling the ability to post LI/KPs? May lead to more people doing raids. Who knows? :p

They would just ask you to link your gw2efficiency profile, or find another way. It's about the players, not the mechanics.

Yes, that's true. But just like with griefers, you can implement tools to make their lifes harder. Whole GW2 is built on premise that griefing is very hard here. That's true not because people are better here, but because game doesn't allow to grief easily.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Raizel.8175 said:How about disabling the ability to post LI/KPs? May lead to more people doing raids. Who knows? :p

They would just ask you to link your gw2efficiency profile, or find another way. It's about the players, not the mechanics.

Yes, that's true. But just like with griefers, you can implement tools to make their lifes harder. Whole GW2 is built on premise that griefing is very hard here. That's true not because people are better here, but because game doesn't allow to grief easily.

It's actually quite the opposite: this game is too convenient which actually makes grieving a lot easier. Just look at the raid-accessibility: in other MMORPGs I played, I was easily able to get into content through lying about my experience with said content or my gear, I still performed good because of skill so nobody noticed that I was lying about stuff. It would be the same in GW2 if there weren't such things like LI/KPs. Raid-Content isn't that hard as the community thinks it is.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

It's actually quite the opposite: this game is too convenient which actually makes grieving a lot easier. Just look at the raid-accessibility: in other MMORPGs I played, I was easily able to get into content through lying about my experience with said content or my gear, I still performed good because of skill so nobody noticed that I was lying about stuff. It would be the same in GW2 if there weren't such things like LI/KPs. Raid-Content isn't that hard as the community thinks it is.

Except even if you cheated your LI/KP people would kick you for failing 1 dodge. Delusional elitism is present in the game since the beginning, raiding has nothing to do with it. People are as bad here as in any other game. Active combat mechanics makes it easier to fail though.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

The thing is, people that haven't raided before generally don't have any skill to carry them(and tbh this goes for a large portion of raiders as well). They are unlikely to be well practiced in their roles, in dealing dps or providing support, and especially doing so while dealing with mechanics. It isnt strange since the game is very casual and generally has no requirements in terms of gear/skill/build to succeed - but raids are a bit different.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Except even if you cheated your LI/KP people would kick you for failing 1 dodge. Delusional elitism is present in the game since the beginning, raiding has nothing to do with it. People are as bad here as in any other game. Active combat mechanics makes it easier to fail though.

Kek. Calling elitism "delusional" after saying you get kicked for failing 1 dodge. :lol:

Players are free to use whatever requirements they want to determine who they group up with just as players that don’t like that are free to form up their own groups with no requirements. Not everyone enjoys going back to the “failing/learning phase” because some people don’t know what they’re doing.

This is more of a problem for Hall of Chains, people who don't play the raid the first 2 weeks of its release would be pretty much out of luck finding groups who dont demand kp, I put a standard for 150LI++ I have 300 myself, anyone who says they have experience with the wing and bosses but not enough LI is always welcome. I wonder how's the situation at NA, i really want to have a chance to play hall of chains without KP requirements since EU mostly asked 750LI ++ 20Kp Dhuum and so on.

I wonder if raiders could get a badge that shows successful kills kind of like pvp tier badge (configurable to be on or not and only show in raid lobby/maps). And an option to show overall kills (all successful raids) or this matching one (i.e. keep construct for kc raid etc).

This would cover most scenarios where group wants to get someone who did the encounter a few times vs brand new player (for those there are training runs and discord groups)

@Henry.5713 said:We have talked about this many times before. The addition of a proper character inspection feature would fix all of these issues. It would include everything from gear to build and even amount of boss kills. Something that would be disabled by default. But people do not like to have things convenient.

Completely agree with you except the gear inspection. Thats against the rules and programmes exist for that already. It would help if you could just ype /li and example /sabetha to show how many kills you got.

Archived