BLTC is not allowing me access...

It seems the BLTC is having issues again. I tried earlier today to purchase something but it failed to allow me access. Now just a few moments ago I am experiencing a lack of access again.

I can open the windows and scroll through things, but when I select something to purchase, nothing happens. I have reported this using the in-game bug report, but thought to place it here as well. I asked around and some of my guild mates are having the same problem.

But what's really odd is: why can I sell things on the BLTC, but cannot purchase?

Update: I deleted the folder that Inculpatus cedo.9234 suggested and entered the game again today. Attempted to make my purchase ....but it still is not allowing me access to purchase.

Maybe Item bugged?>> Recipe: Red Lentil Saobosa

I've been trying to purchase this recipe for two days now without success. There is a continuous circling icon in the page for placing the order, but whenever I click on "Place and Order," the page grays out and nothing happens.

Cannot purchase this recipe. Could it possibly be the recipe itself that is bugged? There are quite a few listed for sale on the BLTC

How interesting: I found out yesterday that said recipe I was attempting to purchase from the BLTC is actually a recipe you purchase from Karma vendors across Tyria and the recipe is actually account bound. Which means it cannot be sold.

So my next question is: Why is it showing up on the BLTC? Isn't there a block in place to prevent posting account bound items for sale there?

FYI for those who are interested, here is the link to wiki page regarding this item. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Red_Lentil_Saobosa

@"lynspottery.6529" said:How interesting: I found out yesterday that said recipe I was attempting to purchase from the BLTC is actually a recipe you purchase from Karma vendors across Tyria and the recipe is actually account bound. Which means it cannot be sold.

So my next question is: Why is it showing up on the BLTC? Isn't there a block in place to prevent posting account bound items for sale there?

FYI for those who are interested, here is the link to wiki page regarding this item. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Red_Lentil_Saobosa

I can confirm. 788 available in the trading post for Recipe: Red Lentil Saobosa, but can't be purchased. The buy window pops up, but just seems to do nothing. It won't show the buy/sell prices.

https://imgur.com/a/FFgk0

What might have happened: possibly a bug a long time ago that allowed the recipe to be traded. Players managed to put a bunch in the trading post for sale before the bug was fixed. I very vaguely remember there was something wrong with this item months ago, but I can't remember what it was nor could I find anything doing a Google search. My memory could be faulty though.

How to solve: ArenaNet will need to manually cancel the sell orders and return the recipes to the sellers (along with refunding the listing fees), then remove the entry for this recipe from the trading post.

Yea that sounds like what needs to be done. I was surprised to find the information on the wiki...so I just went to one of the vendors listed there and found the recipe for purchase with karma. I've bugged it in game but don't know if anything will be done about it. The recipes on the Trading post are only 49 copper each that I could see so pretty cheap.

But this particular recipe provides similar stats as the rare veggie pizza does and is much cheaper to make or purchase if one doesn't have the recipe.

Archived