Solo Ascalonian Catacombs

So, I was able to solo the story mode of Ascalonian Catacombs with my condi soulbeast, but when I tried Explorable, that spider kicked my kitten six ways to Sunday. I want to unlock all the weapon skins from this dungeon, is there a profession/build that does better on solo of these than others? I can except that I just won't be good enough to do this on my own, just sad.

I tried soloing on my necromancer, but it just doesn't work. Especially when it gets to the parts where you have to defend npc's. I recommend just using the lfg to find a group to run it, or go through the reward tracks in pvp or wvw, which also will give you the skins and armours of dungeons (you will have to complete the story dungeon to unlock the reward track).

In my experience elementalist is by far the best solo class for AC. Make sure you prestack might before all boss encounters (it makes a HUGE difference when you're playing solo), plan your CC to break the boss during an opportune moment and burst it down quickly. When you're struggling, earth elemental can help a lot. I never tried P2 solo, because that seems like too much of a trouble, but P1 and P3 should be easily soloable even by a casual player.

by the way, I would advice against soloing explorable mode on ANY condi class, because there are typically timed events involving destruction of inanimate objects, which don't take any damage from conditions (yay old game design that has never been updated)...

@plushiesoda.8150 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:I have no proplem soloingAC p3, p1 and 2 i cant Solo. In p3 i do bosses in full celestial water, arcane, tempest. And Burrows with zerker meta build.

how can you keep that NPC alive when he's searching for... scepters was it? third event from p1 if I'm not wrong, where you must destroy some burrows that keep spawning mobs that easily kill the NPC??

I tried duoing it before, but even doing awesome DPS and destroying all the burrows in around 20s, the mobs keep killing the NPC and no amount of healing was enough to keep him alive

You gotta go fast, mate. I duoed that a lot with a friend and it was totally fine. I had some trouble as a warrior but with an ele/tempest/weaver it shouldn't be a problem at all. There also are videos of solo runs:

I don't know if it's still possible to solo (duoing definitely is!) because there were some nerfs to ele but that's what was possible in the past by very good players. (I'm not an ele player so I'm not the professional here.) ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I've solo'd that spider. (You are referring to the spider queen in explorable, right?) You need to pack a LOT of constant condi shed. I believe she just constantly applies poison. Unfortunately they nerfed the phantasmal disenchanter, but you want to put a projectile block on her, and use the column to your advantage (as in, walk around it and use it as a second block.)

On mesmer, I used to bring my phantasmal disenchanter, the other condi shed, keep dropping my focus 5 (projectile block) on her, and my other projectile block. I'm sorry that I am not familiar enough with soulbeast to help you out with specifics, but if you have any projectile block you can stuff on her with the combination of running around the column (use that as another projectile block :P) and ability to constantly condi shed you should be OK. The poison (even with 500 billion stacks)only counts as 1 condition, if you take down the gargoyle head flame thing you just need to be constantly shed that single condi.

With the updates to phantasms I haven't tested it too much but should still hopefully work. Look for projectile blocks.
Cheering for you!

She dont constalty applie poison she do if you stand in the 3 poison pools she shoot out regularly seen as 3 pretty big red outlined circles on the floor. (they can land on her so if you melee you will get poison all the time)You can just stay at max range with a range weapon killing her since the cone immobilize web wont hit that far and you can dance around the pools.

Archived