Ranked should only be 5 vs 5 premades but GW2 lacks a proper LFG

Arheundel.6451

Simply the community cannot support anymore the current system : a random group mode cannot be associated with prestige and personal skill level.

To make things short I'd say that Anet is treating Random Arena as Hero's Ascent , these were game modes from GW1 : the first one is self-explanatory while the second required a premade team to fight against other premade with the end goal of reaching the Hall of Heroes and claim the final chest while claiming as much fame as possible in the process; this fame was needed to unlock a series of emotes and fame was only earned by winning matches....no consolation prize .

The current system by contrast wants to associate the prestige of HA with the randomness of Ranked...it simply doesn't work, accidentally Anet ended up creating a far more toxic environment that the one in GW1 while having less prestige associated with the claimed pvp titles.

At this point I can't understand why the devs keep pushing in this direction when they could simply :

1) Remove premade ability from unranked and add the current reward system to it ( albeit with less gold overall, I'd say 40% less ) and leave the whole legendary armor trap; in the end it has no special effects like the pve ones so pvers can boast on that-Remove ranking table-Simply add glory as reward for winning only while you can keep the whole pip reward for winning or losing-Add titles that require tot amount of glory

2) Make ranked for premade only and add a new set of titles and leave the current ranking table ( with some changes ofc )

Done : everybody is happy-pvers can farm their legendary armor, gold without anybody after them as nobody would treat win/loss as a life threat-solo pvpers can get their glory title without losing anything for defeats-team of pvpers can have their own mode for bragging rights

Ranked is to see how good an individual is. Ranked is for "competition".

This does not happen in 5 man teams. The player base does not play like that anyway. Ranked became solo q only for a reason.

If you are as good as you think you will get the rating you deserve. The system they have now is actually really good as long as nobody intentionally throws games.

GW2 is still a team based game. Ranked is to find out who and what class is best at what.

If you want the less competitive 5 man q play unranked, go WvW (a real 5 man is unstoppable here), or wait for ATs so you can see how few people care to play with their friends.

Actually think the AT's were a good compromise for team players after the solo/duo happened. Trying to play ranked as a solo and getting matched against a 3-5 man using comms was terrrrible.

"If you want the less competitive 5 man q play unranked, go WvW (a real 5 man is unstoppable here)" <----hahahahaha, yup. Ever seen an organised five man take out 20? It's kitten hilarious.

The number 1 issue for 5 Queue Ranked teams were the 8 minute queues and what the above have said... we have AT's for competitive 5 Man teams and Unranked for people playing with their friends.

You're absolutely right about general matchmaking toxicity but trust me, it has gotten eons better compared to Season 1.

Go play WoW and tell me how fun and exciting a team/LFG only ladder is.

I'll give you a hint, once you reach a decent rating your options are either to sit in queue for 3 hours just to play the damn game as a DPS, to find a group that may (and most likely will) fall appart at the first loss or two.

Or you can play a healer and get yelled at by literal autists as any mistakes you make are a million times more punishing than DPS mistakes. but they're obviously unable to notice that and all think they're MLG-level players.

I do agree GW2 needs to support team play better but removing SoloQ isn't the answer. At least as far as i'm concerned i'd most likely just stop playing altogether, i'm not going through the WoW-LFG circus ever again.

@"JayAction.9056" said:Ranked is to see how good an individual is. Ranked is for "competition".

This does not happen in 5 man teams. The player base does not play like that anyway. Ranked became solo q only for a reason.

If you are as good as you think you will get the rating you deserve. The system they have now is actually really good as long as nobody intentionally throws games.

GW2 is still a team based game. Ranked is to find out who and what class is best at what.

If you want the less competitive 5 man q play unranked, go WvW (a real 5 man is unstoppable here), or wait for ATs so you can see how few people care to play with their friends.

If you're good you must face good players and nothing below that, your statement doesn't apply to GW2 currently because in theory blow outs should not exist when the playing field is relatively even

Archived