Random instabilities

Toxic Trails, Afflicted and Last laugh for 100cm.Toxic trails, Afflicted for 99cm.

Can they at least have triple rewards for that amount of cancer? Toxic trails should have been removed and not thrown into good content.Toxic trails, Afflicted + adds means entire green ground that kills in seconds without a healer. I want fractals to reward skillful play and not requiring healbots for unavoidable damage mechanics.

Or am i alone with this opinion? A healer can outheal most of it but without one fighting siax with this instabilites could be one of the worst experiences in the game right after mai trin without a healer.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zealex.9410 said:I mean if you pull group up and cc the ads in one spot the map doesnt fill with greens. Id call that skillful play but thats just me. The oppening week has some good memes i must say.

Also why does 99cm have only 2? Thats a wierd outlier.

Because no pain no gain does nothing with a spellbreaker in the group. Pull has a 5 target limit. Mama and 100 2nd boss spawn more than 5 adds or have breakbars and can't be pulled at all.

The mistlock combos are an extremly bad idea. I don't know why was it implemented. And the cm's with toxic trail and afflicted are just horrible, the ammount of mobs running around at mama, siax and 2nd 100cm boss is too high to do anything about it and probably many people will just skip the fractals for this week because of it

@Michi.7034 said:The mistlock combos are an extremly bad idea. I don't know why was it implemented. And the cm's with toxic trail and afflicted are just horrible, the ammount of mobs running around at mama, siax and 2nd 100cm boss is too high to do anything about it and probably many people will just skip the fractals for this week because of it

Hmm, toxic trail patches of knights were inconsistent (no larger trails) and of some other mobs too. This is poorly implemented or doesn't work properly due to whatever.

The trails on solar orbs in 100CM at Arkk made me laugh so hard.

As I said, this is not challenging, it's just annoying.

100CM Astariiv fight right now is horse shit. Last laugh, toxic trail, and fractal avenger piled onto a fight that is extremely heavy in small adds moving around and dying constantly, on top of a fight that already has a ton of ground aoes happening is nonsense. It's a level of artificial difficulty and stress on a fight that was already at a good level for gauging a team's ability to work together and pull their own weight. It's just frustrating, chaotic spam.It's hard enough to get a pug group for 100cm without the rage quits happening because of this. But thanks for not adding social awkwardness to 99 and 100 I guess.

I'd say Last Laugh needs to go bye bye for any boss that summons a bunch of adds, with the exception of the Ice Elemental (because most of the time you're leading them around). So Viirastra for sure, and I'd include Mai Trin, Bloomhunger, and Twilight Oasis as well. Getting killed by last laugh on the priest of Grenth or the priest of Balthazar? UGH. Or being killed by last laugh on the golems in Chaos? UGH!

Toxic trails and Hamstrung should be reduced or prevented on any fractal where your positioning is absolutely critical -- TT has been a nuisance for a long time on Cliffside, but imagine the golems on Chaos making it particularly untenable to avoid taking damage from the floor or the boss AoE.

Adrenaline Rush on high damage bosses is currently quite lethal (looking at you MAMA). I'd recommend toning it down for those specific bosses.

Just did the dailies and cms. Worst one by far was viirastra.We still did it first try somehow but toxic trails + last laugh really hurt in the beginning. The first anomaly can be entirely covered in explosions and toxic trails in the start.Siax was way easier than i thought and mama was harder for us.Best way to deal with last laugh at viirastra was to burst them all down fast with weaver aoes so all adds die fast in one place. This benefits weaver meta even more.The 20 chain explosions on top of each other looked funny though.Rest was fine to be honest. Need more time with mama though, maybe we were just bad.

But not having no pain no gain was at least something refreshing in 100cm. I still want to see more instabilities like Flux bombs though. Something that requires a reaction.

Artsariiv is basically impossible with toxic trail + last laugh. I was making a meme before this came out "yeah social awkwardness + last laugh + toxic trail on art will be amazing" and yet wow look that what happened. I thought it as a joke and this really makes the whole fractal not fun or even playable. Solutions: last laugh + toxic trail + flux bomb combination just no, or any of those three by themselves, in 100cm as on Arkk or Art the platform is already full of hazard and there's literally nowhere to stand with these.

In terms of toxic trail please just remove it, I don't see any point of it at all. Most professions are melee, and toxic trail is just plain annoying especially for classes where you need to stand inside the hitbox for maximum DPS, or like mirage where your axe just teleports you to random places.

Last laugh in swampland was also ridiculous as you can't pull those annoying invul creatures when they are not inside the wisp AOE. However it is not as annoying as 100cm. Or if you want to balance it, don't make summoned adds explode-able (i.e. art in 100cm, and therefore only the biggest add can explode, not the multiplied smaller ones).

Did 100cm without any issues, i really enjoyed artsariiv with toxic trail and last laugh.Noone had to change build or anything, it went just as fast as ever - some people will just have to learn to sidestep stuff :)

Edit: Also 99cm, didn't notice any changes in there. Guess the only difference is that you cannot stand in siax, but thats a very small thing.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:about adding a mutual exclusion list, so that for instance last laugh can never happen with toxic trails.However, I'd rather try rebalancing the instabilities instead. last laugh and toxic trails could use tweaks I think.

Porque no los dos? (I mean, it doesn't require me to do any extra work ;))

More seriously, that sounds like a fair plan. It would be good to see some adjustments to some of the instabilities.I'm going to guess that, in the long run, you'll want to be able to have the flexibility that an exclusion list offers, as the team adds new instabilities and new fractals

@Nephalem.8921 said:Toxic Trails, Afflicted and Last laugh for 100cm.Toxic trails, Afflicted for 99cm.

Can they at least have triple rewards for that amount of cancer? Toxic trails should have been removed and not thrown into good content.Toxic trails, Afflicted + adds means entire green ground that kills in seconds without a healer. I want fractals to reward skillful play and not requiring healbots for unavoidable damage mechanics.

Or am i alone with this opinion? A healer can outheal most of it but without one fighting siax with this instabilites could be one of the worst experiences in the game right after mai trin without a healer.

HAHAHAHa..... I definitely going to try it today lol....................... but really I don't think it is nice for it long term :xyeah agree.. not triple reward.. come on... 1 precursor each run pls

Fractals were fine! They were so fine!! Why was this change even considered? Why do we even have instabilities in the first place? The fractals on their own are really fun and engaging and the instabilities make them frustrating and rage inducing. Anet you were supposed to be the chosen one, you were supposed to bring balance to game, not destroy it. Queue Star Wars meme Anet, "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" My entire guild agrees with this btw. Health bars are nice tho, would love to see some more contrasting colors to really pop out to druid mains like myself.

@"Spike rr.7125" said:Fractals were fine! They were so fine!! Why was this change even considered? Why do we even have instabilities in the first place? The fractals on their own are really fun and engaging and the instabilities make them frustrating and rage inducing. Anet you were supposed to be the chosen one, you were supposed to bring balance to game, not destroy it. Queue Star Wars meme Anet, "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" My entire guild agrees with this btw. Health bars are nice tho, would love to see some more contrasting colors to really pop out to druid mains like myself.

They did it for variety. Its a good idea, tbh. They just need to tweak the whitelist, or change how last laugh works.

Did 99cm just now. Team was a bit slow on dps, and we had trouble for that reason, I think. Toxic trails was annoying, but overall I think its easier then hamstrung was, and its not like that was hard. Biggest thing, if you screw up and spawn a nightmare halucination, it gets so hard instantly.

My feedback, I like randomization, and current 99 ones are fine.

@"Spike rr.7125"The change is just on making the system automated (was surprised to learn mistlock instabilities are manually rotated/coded all these time tbh). The problem with Toxic Trail wasn't prevalent because it was sitting in T3 and never made it above level 86 (high end T4). I always leave any T4 dailies group that attempts to take lower level T4 with Toxic Trail thinking it would be "easier".

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:If certain combos prove to be consistently bad, I can see about adding a mutual exclusion list, so that for instance last laugh can never happen with toxic trails. However, I'd rather try rebalancing the instabilities instead. last laugh and toxic trails could use tweaks I think.

Didn't this used to be the case ?

I can't see a reason for changing it to be fair...If you attempt to balance those instabilities it would have to be around each other making them all individually a non-threat. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having them to begin with ?

Instead atleast from my vantage point it would be better to have mutual exclusion or at the very least Instabilities graded by tier. Lets just for sake of clarity call them Master/Expert/Adept/Initiate and have them categorized as such that in T4 you can have exactly 1 Master and any combination of the others. This way you can move some of the annoying things like Social Awkwardness, Toxic Trail, Last Laugh and Adrenaline Rush to Master, but still have them mix with others like No Pain, No Gain etc...

Archived