Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more. - Page 20 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more.

1141516171820>

Comments

  • @Redmond.5019 said:
    It looks like you're looking up Guildwars 2 on FlightlessMango instead of Guild Wars 2.

    Oh, yes, Thanks for the correct link.

    @ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

    @Redmond.5019 said:
    https://flightlessmango.com/games/9692/logs/817

    Esync vs Fsync on my machine and got better performance using Esync, oddly.

    From my tests I've had the same results , for this game Esync is the better choice, however I found Fsync to help in others. Some games are even unstable with Esync whereas with Fsync work just fine while still retaining better performance.

    I did a longer run, actively playing Dragonfall Meta for about a hour each.
    Each run contains a full Meta. Having many people in one place during the end (killing Kralk and hunting the Bosses afterwards) having a huge impact on performance while building the camps goes easier, because the action is less centered and distributed on the map.
    I expected, that recordings a longer timeframe including the full meta run would even out unfair advantages based on what was happening on the map for either of the builds.

    My results were so close (FSync being slightly better, about 3%), that all differences are well within margin of error.
    I disabled supersampling to get playable performance.
    https://flightlessmango.com/games/9692/logs/848

  • @Anaeijon.5694 said:
    My results were so close (FSync being slightly better, about 3%), that all differences are well within margin of error.
    I disabled supersampling to get playable performance.
    https://flightlessmango.com/games/9692/logs/848

    I noticed you're using Proton there. If it's easier for you, you can use Fsync even from my package. In 'bin' folder open up 'user_run', comment out WINEESYNC and enable WINEFSYNC under it. ;)

  • @ArmoredVehicle.2849 Is there an easy way to setup your custom version through Lutris?

  • @Redmond.5019 said:
    @ArmoredVehicle.2849 Is there an easy way to setup your custom version through Lutris?

    Never used Lutris so no idea how it actually works. I did check the game's page though and apparently someone wrote an install script (click - show unpublished installers) which configures Wine in a similar way to my package. Seem to be a job well done too I must say :)

  • Awesome! Thank you! I'll have to give it a try.

  • I added the following to bin/user_run to enable vkBasalt setting if installed:

    # vkBasalt
    export ENABLE_VKBASALT=1
    export VKBASALT_LOG_FILE="vkBasalt.log"
    

    [optionally] you can add fsync by adding, too:

    # export WINEESYNC=1
    export WINEFSYNC=1
    

    The vkBasalt.confin data/drive_c/GW2/ has the following content (be careful the Reshade shaders path /home/user/.config/reshade/ is lowercase!)

    effects = cas:tone:vib
    
    reshadeTexturePath = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Textures"
    reshadeIncludePath = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders"
    depthCapture = off
    
    # toggleKey toggles the effects on/off
    toggleKey = Home
    
    # Vibrance
    vibVibrance = 0.100000
    vibVibranceRGBBalance = 1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
    
    # Tonemap
    toneDefog = 0.100000
    toneBleach = 0.000000
    toneGamma = 1.000000
    toneExposure = 0.000000
    toneSaturation = -0.150000
    toneFogColor = 1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
    
    #casSharpness
    casSharpness = 0.40
    
    # Reshade FX
    colorful = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Colourfulness.fx"
    denoise = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Denoise.fx"
    asharp = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/AdaptiveSharpening.fx"
    lsharp = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/LumaSharpen.fx"
    vib = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Vibrance.fx"
    curv = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Curves.fx"
    lev = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Levels.fx"
    tone = "/home/user/.config/reshade/Shaders/Tonemap.fx"
    

    Would be nice if you add it. So that people with installed vkBasalt can just start with a suttle reshade setting. Better put those reshade shaders in your share path.

  • @Nevin Kiludan.2639 said:
    I added the following to bin/user_run to enable vkBasalt setting if installed:
    ```

    vkBasalt

    export ENABLE_VKBASALT=1
    export VKBASALT_LOG_FILE="vkBasalt.log"

    Would be nice if you add it. So that people with installed vkBasalt can just start with a suttle reshade setting. Better put those reshade shaders in your share path.

    I just added it to mine and tried your preset, it seems you also added it in Github, really useful! I have been considering sharing my preset for a while, but procrastinated optimizing it. Your preset looks pretty, and I will keep on using it for a while and get back to you on it if you are interested in feedback. Cheers

  • Samurro.1463Samurro.1463 Member
    edited September 22, 2020

    Hey guys I just installed GW2 on Linux, played always on Windows in the past. Right now I have the issue when moving around the game stutters heavily, which I think comes from filling the cache? Correct me if I am wrong.

    What exactly is the difference from the files provided in the first post to the lutris install? Is there anything else I can do to increase performance?

    Edit:
    Gamingonlinux community on Discord suggested activating ACO, which seems to help a great deal for my problem.

  • @Samurro.1463 said:
    Hey guys I just installed GW2 on Linux, played always on Windows in the past. Right now I have the issue when moving around the game stutters heavily, which I think comes from filling the cache? Correct me if I am wrong.

    What exactly is the difference from the files provided in the first post to the lutris install? Is there anything else I can do to increase performance?

    Edit:
    Gamingonlinux community on Discord suggested activating ACO, which seems to help a great deal for my problem.

    Hi,
    Stutter is normal for the first few runs, this is due to cache buildup. To minimize the stutter it's better if you run the game on an SSD, as the cache is kept in the same folder as the game. The scripts from Lutris are very similar to my package, some of the install scripts are also based on the same package, performance wise doesn't make any difference.

    The package is set to use ACO by default on AMD GPU's. :)