Have they made rev strong yet? What about renegade?

Crab Fear.1624

of course, l2p all other classes , then play rev and outplay all other classes by not playing meta sht...or wait till next patch when passivs are gone, then your rly able to onehit classes with your combos hehehei cant wait for the engi tears XD they will melt so easily without double shrunk

Nobody top 50 rev without playing another class the majority of the games. Fun fact though, semi decent rev was playing scourge last season made it top 5.

Rev is bottom tier. If you get as good as possible on rev there is going to be 50 people in game playing the other, better, options close to as good. Nevermind if they are equal.

Renegade still garbage. Best comparison I can give. Scourge last season might as well been a +350 to rank. Renegade like a -250.

@"witcher.3197" said:Why would you ask this? There was no patch today, nothing's changed.

To see if anyone had a "secret" build. I know there was not a balance/skill patch.

For all, playing necro, fb, sb, or mirage majority of games and claiming rev main does not count.

I like Revs conceptually and kit-wise, my second favorite behind Thief but its just so hard to justify playing it.

It has no real niche and what its popular builds like Power Shiro do can just be done better by say, Holosmiths.

Warriors and Thieves screw them 1v1 which makes it hard to play side-nodes while Scourge's simple existence makes teamfighting as one straight suicide and there's always one or two of them in every single game.

I really don't see what changes they could make to change that either :/ .

I know some specific changes they could do to make renegade feel balanced.Shortbow #2 cast time should be less.Shortbow #3 is completely useless in pvp outside of a body cleaving situation.Shortbow #5 needs to be fixed so you can not jump over the shock wave and negate the attack. (including using leap abilities)(In general some leap abilities jump over other skills, Holo leap vs Polaric Leap being a very frustrating and fight turning example, that I have experienced on the ele side many times.)

Hopefully the change to Razorclaw's Rage feels better, because honestly that skill never even felt worth casting.

And lastly Citadel Bombardment could use a smaller spread or wider explosion radius,this would allow it to be more consistent in hitting people that are ALIVE.Otherwise less cast time and energy drain could also make it feel more worth using in a cleaving body situation, where there is no issues with it connecting to your target.In its current form I only cast Citadel Bombardment maybe once every 5-10 pvp matches on Renegade.

I have had some decent success in platinum pvp with a few different renegade builds.However it is HEAVILY impaired by its cast times with the amount of cc spam in team fights. Which does make it rather lackluster in full 5v5s, especially if you get focused.Those two combined make it a very hard battle to get any leeching combos off with your elite, to be able to sustain with Kalla in team fights.

What I would actually say the WORST issue with Renegade is related to cc as well...Whenever a summon is cc'd, even by a 1/4 sec daze. They sit around for what seems to be 2-3+ seconds before starting to do their actions again.Two of the summons are 10 second duration, two are 6, and the elite varies.It is completely unacceptable for some of these skills to not work for almost half of their duration because of a single small cc.

There is so much pvp/ small wvw potential for Renegade and its summons. It just needs a bit of love on the summons, their cast times, and the shortbow.

Renegade also suffers from most Revenant stun breaks in general being too punishing imo, besides Riposting Shadows and the one in Herald which are strong.One of my Renegade builds in pvp, use both the mallyx and kalla legends.The stun breaks from both of these legends lock you into an animation after stun breaking.

Having your stun break lock you into an animation only for that to be interrupted instantly again....makes it feel extremely punishing to fight decent warriors, thieves, mesmers, and holos.

I understand that Pain Absorption and Darkrazor's Daring need to have a cast time for such a powerful effects,but it feels very clunky to have the casts times be any longer than a 1/4 sec on the skills paired to revenants stun breaks.Also I don't believe that the energy cost for a stun break should be more than 20 (Riposting Shadows excluded)No other classes offensive potential is severely hampered by using its active defenses like Revenant is.

I been top 10 for a while and now like top 20, 1775 sr (One of the few that didn’t wintrade this season haHAA) on my rev but it doesn’t make it not trash.It only works because most scourges are braindead so you 100-0 them, most thieves are bad so they’re over greeding on you and manage to get themselves killed (OMEGALUL) and you can avoid mesmers lowman fights generally.

Literally play anything else and you can do better. But I only enjoy rev so there it is.

Holo is a better rev simply put at the teamfight role, scourge is a better condi rev, thief is better roamer than rev, sb is better duelist than rev, mesmer is balanced, ele has better burst than rev, guard has better support than rev, druid can do bunker better than rev, did I miss any?

Edit, I’ll quote myself for some tips I gave elsewhere.

My best advice to you would be to learn to watch for attacks and use your shiro evade extensively but correctly and when needed only, or you’ Find yourself out of energy. This is your main sustain method.Use your s4 and 2 to burst and sword auto to keep the pressure. Use this preferably after PT for quickness. Sword 3 is a great followup to keep pressure and avoid counter pressure and staff5 is a powerful lockdown to help your team capitalize on the target with you (great to 1shot scourges after a s4 burst).When you start dropping low wait for a spike to obsorb with your glint heal.When you down a target never stomp, you’ll die. You have extremely powerful cleave instead with PT quickness and IO for extra hits usig sword auto.Focus being in teamfights or +1 your duelists if teamfights are not good considering comps (fb scourge on enemy).1v1ing on this is not easy, but you can beat things like sb, any guards, bad thieves, necros engies and any ranger that is not the avatar’s bow one.

One last thing would be to learn to use shocking aura from surging (soon RIP). You can interrupt blurred frenzy, thief evade spam, other revs UA, etc.

Rev has to be currently played as an absolute glass cannon ATM, sword+sword/hammer or staff. The burst they can put out is absolutely stupid and most classes don't know how to effectively counterplay it below platinum, above Plat is hit or miss.

I played a few games as burst rev this season to finish my Ascension achievements and won 2/3 just because nobody knows how to play against rev right now.

All I want, for my next year Christmas wish, is to let allow the summons to have one patch where they are immune to CC and have no health bars.

Honestly, they should be an AOE legend that is offensive support and should be allowed that. I feel the makers are purposefully handicapping this spec for a reason out of fear that Renegade may become gasp good.

If they are THAT frightened, then at least make them immune to CC and then examine from there. If they are still too weak, then simply make them AOEs instead of summons.

^ what he said...there’s no reason to have summons vulnerable to cc. None of the spirits, aside from dark razor, is even close to being a threat in a PvP/WvW scenario, so I’m not sure what the devs are so worried about (how is Razorclaw’s rage even a skill?)

If the spirits remain killable, at least make their vitality and toughness scale up with that of the caster. Also there should be some detrimental effect to nearby enemies or boost to allies if the spirit is killed or dismissed early (similar to ranger spirits).

Add in 3/4 second cast times (to a class that arguably the most succeptible to cc), non-existent mobility options, a shortbow weapon that is beyond terrible in both damage and utility, excessive energy costs, weak expensive f-skills....you’ve got one hell of a mess.

No, TC. Power Shiro still has garbage condi cleanse, no stab, and literally zero out of combat movement.

Condi Rev was nerfed fairly recently (lol at Anet nerfing mace when scourge and mesmer still exist). No reason to play Condi Rev over Scourge, and all of Renegade is utter garbage in sPvP. All Renegade does is increase raid dps.

Archived