the way you nerf things is wrong

Jekkt.6045

a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil, getting its main sustain damage nerfed by 50%.wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

shaving the power a bit would have been the right approach, like turning the torment on impaling lotus to a 2nd bleeding stack, removing one "cover condition" to ease cleansing; stuff like that. but by simply destroying this build you killed build diversity too which results in d/p being the undisputed #1 thief build for pvp.

seems like the balance team hasn't learned anything in the past 5 years.

happy expansion everyone.

@Jekkt.6045 said:a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil, getting its main sustain damage nerfed by 50%wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

shaving the power a bit would have been the right approach, like turning the torment on impaling lotus to a 2nd bleeding stack, removing one "cover condition" to ease cleansing; stuff like that. but by simply destroying this build you killed build diversity too which results in d/p being the undisputed #1 thief build for pvp.

Its main sustain damage is poison not the daredevil dodge, basically the build stays the same but It's easier to cleanse the poison now.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil,
getting its main sustain damage nerfed by 50%
wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

Its main sustain is poison damage not the daredevil dodge, basically the build stays the same but It's easy to cleanse the poison now.

panic strike poison duration was lowered by 50% and impaling lotus duration was lowered by 50%. if, by poison, you mean the utility skill then no, that's your "burst" damage, not your sustain damage.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil,
wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

Its main sustain is poison damage not the daredevil dodge, basically the build stays the same but It's easy to cleanse the poison now.

panic strike poison duration was lowered by 50% and impaling lotus duration was lowered by 50%. if, by poison, you mean the utility skill then no, that's your "burst" damage, not your sustain damage.

so what would you want? they could have completely removed poison from panic strike but instead they lowered his duration which I think it's a good nerf and it doesn't delete the build(they should tho)but now it's easier to clean the poison which was really annoying because you used your cleanses and it removed all but the poison which was the condition doing the damage.

@Jekkt.6045 said:a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil, getting its main sustain damage nerfed by 50%.wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

I've noticed you get REALLY upset when Anet nerfs the low risk high reward builds. S/D condi thief was just as bad as cele d/d ele.

I'm glad both are gone

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:a build of a lot of controversity was pretty much gutted this patch, the condi daredevil, getting its main sustain damage nerfed by 50%.wether people think the build was strong or not is irrelevant, that's not the point of my thread here, but the way it was nerfed.

I've noticed you get REALLY upset when Anet nerfs the low risk high reward builds. S/D condi thief was just as bad as cele d/d ele.

I'm glad both are gone

d/d ele was fine after they fixed the ring of fire bug and wasn't even the strongest build back then, and so was s/d thief. they could have nerfed hammer guardian or condi revenant and i would have had the same reaction. i'm a big advocate of build diversity, something that gw2 is lacking since forever.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

so what would you want? they could have completely removed poison from panic strike but instead they lowered his duration which I think it's a good nerf and it doesn't delete the build(they should tho)but now it's easier to clean the poison which was really annoying because you used your cleanses and it removed all but the poison which was the condition doing the damage.

what i want? it's pretty simple. nerfs that don't reduce your sustain damage by 50%. you can nerf builds without destroying them.

Yet apparently you haven't learnt the lesson that balance in this game (and MMORPGs full stop) will always be a badly done joke...

@zinkz.7045 said:

Yet apparently you haven't learnt the lesson that balance in this game (and MMORPGs full stop) will always be a badly done joke...

it's only a bad joke if the balance team is doing a bad job. nobody is forcing them to do balance in a bad way after all.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

I'm glad both are gone

d/d ele was fine after they fixed the ring of fire bug and wasn't even the strongest build back then, and so was s/d thief. they could have nerfed hammer guardian or condi revenant and i would have had the same reaction. i'm a big advocate of build diversity, something that gw2 is lacking since forever.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

what i want? it's pretty simple. nerfs that don't reduce your sustain damage by 50%. you can nerf builds without destroying them.

Yeah because a no name team didn't win a tournament against the best in the world using 4x cele ele or anything......oh wait that did happen lol. Someone even uploaded that team comp on meta battle as a joke.

As for s/d nerf it was needed. Being able to have inf strike & dodge do 50% of the lowest hp pools life using a marauder amulet was balanced...

Build diversity is the best it's been in years.

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

I'm glad both are gone

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

Yeah because a no name team didn't win a tournament against the best in the world using 4x cele ele or anything......oh wait that did happen lol. Someone even uploaded that team comp on meta battle as a joke.

As for s/d nerf it was needed. Being able to have inf strike & dodge do 50% of the lowest hp pools life using a marauder amulet was balanced...

Build diversity is the best it's been in years.

if i remember correctly, said noname team was vermillion on alt accounts ;)

i'm not saying i'm against nerfs, but they should be done the right way. and a d/p thief can deal the same amount of damage in a shorter time frame without "wasting" a dodge.

@Jinks.2057 said:I've noticed you get REALLY upset when Anet nerfs the low risk high reward builds. S/D condi thief was just as bad as cele d/d ele.

I'm glad both are gone

That. Just as I was glad to see Berserker move out of the meta. Yeah it was a rough patch but pvp became much better for it. The ability to headbutt + arc divide you for half your health without a clear telegraph is just ludicrous and takes away the skill factor that's supposed to prevail. Here's the thing though: devs don't seem to consider the most broken combination possible when they introduce a "let's make underused weapons viable again" patch. It is there job to make it, and ours to break it. We exploit any gimmick they'll let us exploit.

For that matter, why does every thief build feel like a troll build? Vault spam, SP blink spam, DD evade spam, PP #2 spam while evading 6-8 times in a fight, and then we got the infamous DP thief which actually requires you to get good. Deadeye does absurd, easy, safe damage, is utterly dull to play and very annoying to play against. That one might take the crown as the king of all troll builds.

Archived