Simple Olmakhan Bandolier

It doesn't keep stuff from salvage or from appearing on the sell list. It is STRICTLY an inventory sorting box.

All that does is any Containers (think Champ Loot Bags) and Consumables fill this bag first... so put it at the end of your normal bags so it gets the most use. Things in it will still show up on vendor lists and salvage lists.

Actually it DOES actually like an invisible bag. Try it before you tell someone they're wrong. I hope it's a bug and it gets fixed, I would be fine with it prioritizing consumables and boxes but I need the ability to salvage in mass and deposit all materials. I keep my invisible bag full and at the bottom of my inventory for a reason.

@Sojourner.4621 said:It doesn't keep stuff from salvage or from appearing on the sell list. It is STRICTLY an inventory sorting box.

All that does is any Containers (think Champ Loot Bags) and Consumables fill this bag first... so put it at the end of your normal bags so it gets the most use. Things in it will still show up on vendor lists and salvage lists.

@Sila.6748 said:Actually it DOES actually like an invisible bag. Try it before you tell someone they're wrong. I hope it's a bug and it gets fixed, I would be fine with it prioritizing consumables and boxes but I need the ability to salvage in mass and deposit all materials. I keep my invisible bag full and at the bottom of my inventory for a reason.

@"Sojourner.4621" said:It doesn't keep stuff from salvage or from appearing on the sell list. It is STRICTLY an inventory sorting box.

It probably is a bug since the bag does not have the "Items in this box will never appear in a sell-to-vendor list." on its description like every other bag that has this behavior. Either this is unintended or the description is incorrect. That said most of the items that it auto-sorts would not be vendor items anyway. Loot Containers don't appear on lists, and neither do most consumables, the items that it specifically prioritizes... the biggest concern here would be unidentified items which are considered consumables, and I keep those in an invisible bag anyway to either open with magic find boosts or sell on the trade post, because just salvaging them is a huge waste of potential profits.

@Sila.6748 said:Actually it DOES actually like an invisible bag. Try it before you tell someone they're wrong. I hope it's a bug and it gets fixed, I would be fine with it prioritizing consumables and boxes but I need the ability to salvage in mass and deposit all materials. I keep my invisible bag full and at the bottom of my inventory for a reason.

@Sojourner.4621 said:It doesn't keep stuff from salvage or from appearing on the sell list. It is STRICTLY an inventory sorting box.

I prefer it working as invisible bag so I can salvage my inventory freely without risking salvaging unid gear.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I prefer it working as invisible bag so I can salvage my inventory freely without risking salvaging unid gear.

Yeah to be honest I wouldn't mind this working that way as an invisible pack, I can't think of any consumables off the top of my head that either a) I would want to auto salvage/sell by accident, or b) that actually CAN be sold or salvaged this way. Most foods can't be sold to vendors, loot bags/boxes DEFINITELY can't be sold to vendors... If I can have them auto-sort near the end of my inventory that means I can more easily clear out the junk and save the bags like I do anyway to open on mid level characters.

@Malediktus.9250 said:It is useless to me also since it cant be compacted, there should be a way to trade it in for a regular bag

Or actually take it one step further and add a collection to turn it into a legendary bag, with re-selectable functionality, so you can switch it between being a standard bag, an invisible bag, or any of the other types. I don't know if the game allows such a functionality, but it would be great. :-)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:It is useless to me also since it cant be compacted, there should be a way to trade it in for a regular bag

The bag is free. No reason to give you option for exchange.It is not free, it takes several hours (finish the story and 3 collections), some karma and 25 diflourite crystals.

You could consider it free if Anet would send it to everyone via ingame mail without any requisite.

As of now this 32 slot bag is worth less than a 18 slot bag to me.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

The bag is free. No reason to give you option for exchange.It is not free, it takes several hours (finish the story and 3 collections), some karma and 25 diflourite crystals.

You could consider it free if Anet would send it to everyone via ingame mail without any requisite.

You would do all these activities even if bag wasn't included, because they give AP and are part of completing this episode meta. Consider this bag a bonus.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You would do all these activities even if bag wasn't included, because they give AP and are part of completing this episode meta. Consider this bag a bonus.

That is true for me, but for what percentage of the playerbase this would be the case? 10%?

I think it was a mistake to make a bags functionality tied to the crafting of it. It would be better if players could make items/bags unvendor-able by right click and have auto sort by rarity as part of a drop down menu. The current system adds needless complexity that doesnt help the player or enhance gameplay.

I think this was the perfect oppertunity to add a new functionality. Personally, I welcome the ability to send loot like Yellow/Green/Blue unidentified gear to the bottom of my inventory, so I'm less likely to salvage them accidentially.

If I can find a use for it, so can you. Quit your bellyaching.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That is true for me, but for what percentage of the playerbase this would be the case? 10%?

I don't know and neither do you so... why bother?

Archived