A fractal-like instability system for WvW?

Deihnyx.6318

Hello,

It's a result from a few talk a few guild members had about WvW.We have 120mn skirmishes, why not adding some special effects/rules/events for each skirmishes?Of course it couldn't be exactly the kind of instability fractals have (although I imagine social awkwardness would has its own funny effect, same for last laugh) but surely something could be done to make the game more... refreshing... between each skirmish?

@Deihnyx.6318 said:Hello,

It's a result from a few talk a few guild members had about WvW.We have 120mn skirmishes, why not adding some special effects/rules/events for each skirmishes?Of course it couldn't be exactly the kind of instability fractals have (although I imagine social awkwardness would has its own funny effect, same for last laugh) but surely something could be done to make the game more... refreshing... between each skirmish?

Maybe do something to discourage 50 man zergs so that small scale fights can happen, as they're infinitely more enjoyable.

@bLind.6278 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:Hello,

Maybe do something to discourage 50 man zergs so that small scale fights can happen, as they're infinitely more enjoyable.

Spread out and take objectives. It has to start somewhere.

But then people would be upset about the PPT, but if enough objectives are attacked at once, the enemy blob either splits, or loses places.

No one wants to take that first step because, you know, repair costs and all...

While I think it could be cool in some ways, but I think having any negative impacting instabilities would cause too much annoyance for me personally. These should probably just stick to npcs, putting them on players would be full re, even toned down versions.

Mistlock Instability - Description

• No Pain, No Gain - Enemies receive Protection, Might and Fury when you hit them. (This effect has a 20 second internal cooldown)
  • Last Laugh - Enemies explode when killed. (Each enemy killed explodes within a 180 radius 1.75 seconds after its death, dealing 1-1.5k damage and launching foes around it.)
  • Afflicted - Enemies apply random damaging conditions. (Can apply Bleeding, Burning, Confusion, Poison and Torment.)
  • Social Awkwardness - 1 Recharge time, Receive agony and damage from nearby allies when you attack enemies. (Inflicts 1 stack of Agony for 2 seconds and deals 10% of your HP as damage to you, if you hit an enemy within a 44 unit range of one ally (This effect stacks per ally near you). This will not proc more than 3 times per second.
  • Toxic Trail - Enemies leave a trail of toxic sludge behind them as they move around. (Causes enemies to create green AoE circles underneath themselves which deal direct damage and inflict Poison.)
  • Flux Bomb - You are periodically afflicted by the Anomaly's flux bombs. (Causes players in combat to be randomly marked with flux bombs which leave a damaging AoE behind.)
  • Adrenaline Rush - Enemies become enraged for a time when low on health. (Causes enemies to gain Enraged after they reach 10% health.)
  • Hamstrung - The lower your health, the slower you move. (Applies the Hamstrung effect to all players below 100% health)
  • Fractal Vindicators - Fractal Avengers are replaced by more-powerful Fractal Vindicators.
  • Mists Convergence - The Fractals of the Mists are blurring together. (Causes a set of effects and enemies from other places of the Mists to spawn randomly throughout the Fractal Island.)

Two ideas:(1) If a team has more points, then that team gets negative impacts. Maybe two teams gets negative impacts depending on how much lead they have. Or the last team gets positive impacts. This would move the teams closer in points so that end of the week still has intense battles.(2) If teams are double teaming, then 3rd team gets positive impacts.

GH/UW team has been double teamed and we are loosing badly.

No thanks. WvW should be about who can do the best because of skill, not some buff or debuff changing the outcome and if its based on RNG, even worse. I'm already against the auras around camps, towers, keeps, and SMC giving stat bonuses. Additionally, I can't imagine those that only have a few times a week to play would like to login to see things just going crazy because of a buff.

@"Blackarps.1974" said:No thanks. WvW should be about who can do the best because of skill, not some buff or debuff changing the outcome and if its based on RNG, even worse. I'm already against the auras around camps, towers, keeps, and SMC giving stat bonuses. Additionally, I can't imagine those that only have a few times a week to play would like to login to see things just going crazy because of a buff.

LOL "skill"

What game are you playing? or maybe you meant "numbers" instead right?

@"Mechanix.9315" said:

@"Blackarps.1974" said:No thanks. WvW should be about who can do the best because of skill, not some buff or debuff changing the outcome and if its based on RNG, even worse. I'm already against the auras around camps, towers, keeps, and SMC giving stat bonuses. Additionally, I can't imagine those that only have a few times a week to play would like to login to see things just going crazy because of a buff.

LOL "skill"

What game are you playing? or maybe you meant "numbers" instead right?

Yes, I did. That's why WvW has such a problem. It shouldn't be about numbers, the best guilds or zergs should be winning because of how good they are, not that they have 60 on tag. This is why I love zerg busting with friends. 5v20, 10v30, etc is a lot of fun.

Archived