Updated pvp skill split changes this week?

Toron.4856

I note that you're basically shutting down the elusive mind trait. The trait counters itself. If you have exhaustion, you're still CC'd. In fact you might actually be worse off. I'm guessing that you're shutting down the trait with numbers because you can't make a pvp version? That's a pretty hard hit on Mirage. I note also the heavy shatter damage reductions.

Please be very cautious. Balance changes come far too seldom and a radical change can cause problems that linger. Mesmer was widely acknowledged trash tier after the glamour nerf and that situation dragged on for well over a year... remember when Illusionary elasticity was shut down for what? A year?

In most complex situations, it's better to under react than to over react.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I note that you're basically shutting down the elusive mind trait. The trait counters itself. If you have exhaustion, you're still CC'd. In fact you might actually be worse off. I'm guessing that you're shutting down the trait with numbers because you can't make a pvp version? That's a pretty hard hit on Mirage. I note also the heavy shatter damage reductions.

Good.

Please be very cautious. Balance changes come far too seldom and a radical change can cause problems that linger. Mesmer was widely acknowledged trash tier after the glamour nerf and that situation dragged on for well over a year... remember when Illusionary elasticity was shut down for what? A year?

Mesmer may have been regarded as trash tier at one point in time. However, those days are long gone and now mesmers are widely acknowledged as completely overpowered and broken.

Well, it's your lucky day. These mesmer nerfs were under reactions. They still need a lot more nerfs because at the moment, they are completely broken.

• Illusionary Defender is hitting people for 18k multiple times due to resummons.
  • Illusionary Disenchanter is hitting for 10k+ as well.
  • The 10+ clone spam makes it almost impossible to tell what's going on. Not only does it render tab target nearly useless, but click targetting as well.
  • It is impossible to discern which clone is which because they just resummon themselves.
  • Mirage is still extremely difficult to pressure due to the nature of Mirage Cloak.
  • Chronomancer resummoning is even stronger than Mirage's (albeit a weaker MU).
  • Mesmer can also hit 20k+ damage from stealth repeatedly on a short cooldown without any tells if you don't see the mesmer coming. By the time the mesmer leaves stealth you die unless you can react an almost instant burst with quickness with a stunbreak that's also an evade or an invulnerability skill.
  • Chronomancer has access to 18+ seconds of alacrity as well as permanent EVERY boon in the game including 25 stacks of might. Core and Mirage do as well (minus the alacrity).
  • Mirage has the highest access to on-demand invulnerability.

etc. etc. Mesmers are extremely broken.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I note that you're basically shutting down the elusive mind trait. The trait counters itself.
If you have exhaustion, you're still CC'd. In fact you might actually be worse off. I'm guessing that you're shutting down the trait with numbers because you can't make a pvp version?
That's a pretty hard hit on Mirage.
I note also the heavy shatter damage reductions.

Good.

Please be very cautious. Balance changes come far too seldom and a radical change can cause problems that linger.
Mesmer was widely acknowledged trash tier after the glamour nerf and that situation dragged on for well over a year... remember when Illusionary elasticity was shut down for what? A year?

Mesmer may have been regarded as trash tier at one point in time. However, those days are long gone and now mesmers are widely acknowledged as completely overpowered and broken.

Well, it's your lucky day. These mesmer nerfs were under reactions. They still need a lot more nerfs because at the moment, they are completely broken.
  • Illusionary Defender is hitting people for 18k multiple times due to resummons.
  • Illusionary Disenchanter is hitting for 10k+ as well.
  • The 10+ clone spam makes it almost impossible to tell what's going on. Not only does it render tab target nearly useless, but click targetting as well.
  • It is impossible to discern which clone is which because they just resummon themselves.
  • Mirage is still extremely difficult to pressure due to the nature of Mirage Cloak.
  • Chronomancer resummoning is even stronger than Mirage's (albeit a weaker MU).
  • Mesmer can also hit 20k+ damage from stealth repeatedly on a short cooldown without any tells if you don't see the mesmer coming. By the time the mesmer leaves stealth you die unless you can react an almost instant burst with quickness with a stunbreak that's also an evade or an invulnerability skill.
  • Chronomancer has access to 18+ seconds of alacrity as well as permanent EVERY boon in the game including 25 stacks of might. Core and Mirage do as well (minus the alacrity).
  • Mirage has the highest access to on-demand invulnerability.

etc. etc. Mesmers are extremely broken.

and they have portal xd

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:I note that you're basically shutting down the elusive mind trait. The trait counters itself. If you have exhaustion, you're still CC'd. In fact you might actually be worse off. I'm guessing that you're shutting down the trait with numbers because you can't make a pvp version? That's a pretty hard hit on Mirage. I note also the heavy shatter damage reductions.

Ben already said that this balance patch is merely the beginning, more "adjustments" will b required

I'm not even going to be elaborate when I say this, but seeing as how Mesmer is already the dominant jack of all trades conquest class, if you don't slap on more nerfing alongside of the Godzilla sized nerfs you're giving other classes, we're going to see this meta:

• Mesmers
  • Scourges
  • Firebrands
  • Then a handful of others trying to play semi-viable classes that in no way touch the strength & utility of the above three.

Seriously though... please do not coup de grace spvp.

Archived