Guard being a DH and FB at the same time?

justnora.2754

@"jojohome.3159" said:Hi everyone, can anyone explain to me how he has the F1 passives of both the DH and FB active at the same time?Thanks a lot ... I'm a bit suprised that this is possible.https://imgur.com/a/m9tQh

My guess is the "third party tool that should not be named" is in use there. The amount of people hacking has grown to epic proportions. My favorite recently was the BOZ soulbeast who used 3 different weapon sets during a single fight, and there was no reset. Opened on me with a longbow, I jumped out of the keep and returned fire, he switched to sword/dagger for the evasions, and as soon as I got to melee range, he popped out his shortbow and started dumping conditions on me. Took me a second to realize that's what happened, combat log confirmed it. I really wish ANet would take a hard look at this stuff.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@"jojohome.3159" said:Hi everyone, can anyone explain to me how he has the F1 passives of both the DH and FB active at the same time?Thanks a lot ... I'm a bit suprised that this is possible.

My guess is the "third party tool that should not be named" is in use there. The amount of people hacking has grown to epic proportions. My favorite recently was the BOZ soulbeast who used 3 different weapon sets during a single fight, and there was no reset. Opened on me with a longbow, I jumped out of the keep and returned fire, he switched to sword/dagger for the evasions, and as soon as I got to melee range, he popped out his shortbow and started dumping conditions on me. Took me a second to realize that's what happened, combat log confirmed it. I really wish ANet would take a hard look at this stuff.

Soulbeast could have started out with his inventory open, and pressing rapid-fire. Then, before the first arrow lands and gets him in combat, he switches LB to shortbow (or sw/w). He will continue casting rapid-fire at this point even though he doesn't have longbow equipped. This isn't a hack, I see roamers do this all the time (for example, guards casting focus 5 and switching back to another weapon before porting in for a burst)

If he switched to LB a second time without OoC then he was definitely hacking.

we have got 2 pic from 2 different guards of the same sfr guild persistent aggression [PA]. arena net pls ban the hole guild!

@"jojohome.3159" said:Hi everyone, can anyone explain to me how he has the F1 passives of both the DH and FB active at the same time?Thanks a lot ... I'm a bit suprised that this is possible.https://imgur.com/a/m9tQh

@"Silver.2076" said:Can anyone explain to me how this works? This player uses the abilities (Tome Of Justice) of the firebrand as a dragon hunter.

https://prnt.sc/io9ajn

He's doing hellish damage. Jump into groups, set traps, all of them dead!

@Jeddite.8620 said:we have got 2 pic from 2 different guards of the same sfr guild persistent aggression [PA]. arena net pls ban the hole guild!

@"jojohome.3159" said:Hi everyone, can anyone explain to me how he has the F1 passives of both the DH and FB active at the same time?Thanks a lot ... I'm a bit suprised that this is possible.

@"Silver.2076" said:Can anyone explain to me how this works? This player uses the abilities (Tome Of Justice) of the firebrand as a dragon hunter.

No, it is the same guard, me. The second picture is using standard modelling for foes. How many stacks of burning are you all complaining about? I have been doing burn guard for 5 years (only been on EU servers for about 2 months so you guys just haven't seen me before). I have been doing 20-30 stacks on 5-10 foes on DH for a long time, used to be even more before the changes to j/i and purging flames. I am so famous for doing it on Maguuma that they changed the name of going yolo to going full figrin.

I have to sacrifice a ton of sustainability to do this kind of burst. I have no stab, one stun break (my j/i which i use to start a burst) which is on a 45 sec cd. I only have 16.5k hp and 2.8k armor. The key is I get to 2.6k power and 2.6k condi damage during the burst and then try to run like crazy while people are foolish enough to pew pew into a reflect wall.

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:

@Jeddite.8620 said:we have got 2 pic from 2 different guards of the same sfr guild persistent aggression [PA]. arena net pls ban the hole guild!

No, it is the same guard, me. The second picture is using standard modelling for foes. How many stacks of burning are you all complaining about? I have been doing burn guard for 5 years (only been on EU servers for about 2 months so you guys just haven't seen me before). I have been doing 20-30 stacks on 5-10 foes on DH for a long time, used to be even more before the changes to j/i and purging flames. I am so famous for doing it on Maguuma that they changed the name of going yolo to going full figrin.

You have read what they are complaining about? It isn't the burn stacks....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yes I read their complaint and yes they are complaining about the burn stacks. They assume it can't be done without some bug showing on their screen simply because they can't do it.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Soulbeast could have started out with his inventory open, and pressing rapid-fire. Then, before the first arrow lands and gets him in combat, he switches LB to shortbow (or sw/w). He will continue casting rapid-fire at this point even though he doesn't have longbow equipped. This isn't a hack, I see roamers do this all the time (for example, guards casting focus 5 and switching back to another weapon before porting in for a burst)

He didn't, he attacked me with a a few autos than hit rapid fire, which I used signet of stone on and jumped off the wall to pursue. When I landed, he switched to sword/dagger to evade my rapid fire. By then I was already in melee, and he switched to shortbow and began his shortbow and traps (as he was a condi build). It was definitely a hack. This is the same BOZ guy that ressed a guildmate of his (after I stomped him dead) from more than 2k range while running even further away and with no LOS.

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:I am not hacking. I am not using some macro or bot. I am not using any kind of 3rd party software. I am just very experienced with doing this kind of burst and been laying out 8-15 man guild groups single handedly for 5 years. Now finishing them all off by myself is a different matter.

Using an exploit for your advantage is against the ToS and is a bannable offense. I hope they ban you. Getting tired of seeing people use exploits/hack/whatever and still log in. You are the type of person ruining the game. The pictures clearly show that you are, at a minimum, exploiting.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:I am not hacking. I am not using some macro or bot. I am not using any kind of 3rd party software. I am just very experienced with doing this kind of burst and been laying out 8-15 man guild groups single handedly for 5 years. Now finishing them all off by myself is a different matter.

Using an exploit for your advantage is against the ToS and is a bannable offense. I hope they ban you. Getting tired of seeing people use exploits/hack/whatever and still log in. You are the type of person ruining the game. The pictures clearly show that you are, at a minimum, exploiting.

We have weavers who can one shot 1 or multiple guys at ease. We have mesmers who can block and evade constantly and then one shot a foe or foes. We have warriors who run around taking no damage. We have rangers able to perma immob and destroy their foe with unblockable attacks nearly instantly. And people are going to complain because they don't clear 1 condition. Especially when we are talking about groups of people and it takes what, one FB to clear it? I am not exploiting anything.

@Ubi.4136 said:

We have weavers who can one shot 1 or multiple guys at ease. We have mesmers who can block and evade constantly and then one shot a foe or foes. We have warriors who run around taking no damage. We have rangers able to perma immob and destroy their foe with unblockable attacks nearly instantly. And people are going to complain because they don't clear 1 condition. Especially when we are talking about groups of people and it takes what, one FB to clear it? I am not exploiting anything.

Your buff bar says you are playing 2 elite specs in 1 build. This isn't about power creep, or what class is OP. This isn't about how to cleanse. This is about you having the passives from TWO elite specs up at the same time. I have and play a guardian, have done all content on it. You know what, I've never been able to be a "dragonbrand" or a "firehunter". Because you can NOT slot 2 elite specs at the same time. You have used an exploit or hack to get both of those.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Your buff bar says you are playing 2 elite specs in 1 build. This isn't about power creep, or what class is OP. This isn't about how to cleanse. This is about you having the passives from TWO elite specs up at the same time. I have and play a guardian, have done all content on it. You know what, I've never been able to be a "dragonbrand" or a "firehunter". Because you can NOT slot 2 elite specs at the same time. You have used an exploit or hack to get both of those.

No I have not used a hack or an exploit just because some bug shows on someones screen.

This:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Your buff bar says you are playing 2 elite specs in 1 build. This isn't about power creep, or what class is OP. This isn't about how to cleanse. This is about you have the passives from TWO elite specs up at the same time. I have and play a guardian, have done all content on it. You know what, I've never been able to be a "dragonbrand" or a "firehunter". Because you can NOT slot 2 elite specs at the same time. You have used an exploit or hack to get both of those.

Not this

Yes I read their complaint and yes they are complaining about the burn stacks. They assume it can't be done without some bug showing on their screen simply because they can't do it.

Is what they are complaining about.

Any idea how this happens @McKenna Berdrow.2759

@Strider Pj.2193 said:This:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Your buff bar says you are playing 2 elite specs in 1 build. This isn't about power creep, or what class is OP. This isn't about how to cleanse. This is about you have the passives from TWO elite specs up at the same time. I have and play a guardian, have done all content on it. You know what, I've never been able to be a "dragonbrand" or a "firehunter". Because you can NOT slot 2 elite specs at the same time. You have used an exploit or hack to get both of those.

Not this

Is what they are complaining about.

Any idea how this happens @McKenna Berdrow.2759

You do notice that I don't have 2 elite specs going, right? There is an extra viture showing (not all of them mind you) on their screen. They are complaining that just because they can't do the burst I am doing, that I am doing some sort of hacking.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

He didn't, he attacked me with a a few autos than hit rapid fire, which I used signet of stone on and jumped off the wall to pursue. When I landed, he switched to sword/dagger to evade my rapid fire. By then I was already in melee, and he switched to shortbow and began his shortbow and traps (as he was a condi build). It was definitely a hack. This is the same BOZ guy that ressed a guildmate of his (after I stomped him dead) from more than 2k range while running even further away and with no LOS.

If he didn't get you in combat with the first few auto attacks, then he's still free to switch LB---> something else in the middle of a channel and still maintain that channel. Alternatively, even if he did get you in combat with the autos, max range LB on ranger is very close to the OoC limit, so he could of OoC before you jumped out, then opened with rapid fire + inventory weapon-switch before getting in combat again. Fact of the matter is, memory isn't all that accurate and can be faulty, even for the best of us. Try to get video footage of him doing this and submit a ticket if you can.

@Jeddite.8620 said:i think nobody care about how much damge you do or how awesome you think you are. we need to find out its only a visual bug (than anet need to fix it) or you use an exploit (than anet need to ban you) and thats all.

I'm not saying I am awesome or some such, only I've been doing this kind of thing for a long time. As far as visual bugs, I'm still getting tired of looking on my screen and it says that SMC or some tower is the color blue when it is owned by green. Of course if I leave the map and come back it is fixed.

Archived