No special dialogue for charr?

My only complaint with the new Living World episode is that charr don’t have race specific dialogue. My primary toon is charr, and I was hoping with the new episode, we would get custom dialogue for charr characters like we did with sylvari in HoT or through the personal story of the base core campaign. I really feel like something is missing when my charr commander has nothing to say about his past when Bottica asks Rox about her alliegance.

Any chance we can see race specific interactions in future releases? I miss the personalization of the story to the character I’m playing.

I had a similar feeling of being let down in PoF. I was playing a Charr ,and given that we where after a god I figured unique dialog would be a thing. After all the Charr get very enthusiastic about the prospect of slaying gods. On the one hand I understand these expacs ,and lws take time to create ,but it does take away from both the story being told ,and the games immersion when your chosen race doesn't react to things you know they should IMO.

Why is there no option for Norn characters to slap Braham around for being such a little disgrace to Eir’s memory? That’s all I would ever want. But we all know your race choice hasn’t mattered outside of the first few chapters of Personal Story (aside from that little display of favoritism with Sylvari and HoT).

Seriously, when I discovered there was a sort of “lost tribe” of charr on this island, I was like “[the commander] is gonna have so many questions for them! How and when did they get here? Why did they never try to return to Ascalon? Do they need support from the Black Citadel? Or are they trying to get away from centralized charr culture?” I was legitimately excited at the prospect of interacting with a distant, detached band of charr. Disappointed.

@"Edelweiss.4261" said:There's race-specific background chatter. My norn's was about turning into an animal to fight. I've read that this is different for each race. From what I read, the charr dialogue was about attractiveness or something.

Yeah I heard it too. If you are playing as human they gossip about the PC human is not from Elona and they were like "OoOoooooo an outlander outside of Elona ...!! :scream:"

Archived