Norn Soul Beast missed opportunity by devs

Tekoneiric.6817

@lakonas.4317 said:The problem is that we cant have nice things for races. Remember when HOT came out and sylvari could hear mordremoth speak and others coulsnt? And ppl complained that anet forces them to play sylvari for full experience.Thats why races are getting no special treatment

I personally loved that Sylvari got a unique experience. I was hoping humans would get something similar for Balthy.

Devs never should listen to players. That's the same issue you get with politics. You can't please everyone. You need a plan for your game and what kind of story you will tell. If 51% of your players like it, 30% think it's ok and 19% think "you could do this/that/andthis" better everything is fine. Just don't try to make the 19% with their different wishes happy, because you'll for sure make a lot of the rest unhappy. Players will play your game if they are more happy than they are unhappy. And it seems the majority was happy with HoT.

tldr: Making everyone happy is not possible, ignore them and keep on going

The extra sylvari dialogue and moments were by far the best thing about HoT, and the whole story would have made zero sense without them. There definitely needs to be much more racial dialogue, not less.

And I'm all for other cool little extras as well, though the transformations are pretty old and not the best-looking IMO, especially poor Raven.

Archived