PATH OF 76%

I can keep goosing mine to show a download speed, but it's taken me a few hours to go from 5635 files remaining to 5630 files remaining. I just took a 40 minute food break and when I returned it was sitting at 0 speed and still at 5630 files to go. I started loading at noon, moments after the patch hit. It is now 4:51 pm. I'm wondering if it's claiming it's loading stuff but not actually finishing grabbing files.

I admit that any time I see it sit at 0 speed for as long as it takes me to slowly mouse to the close window button, I'm closing and restarting since I get a couple of minutes of putative download when I do before it goes back to 0. If that's somehow making it loop back to the start of the file I'd appreciate an official comment telling me not to do that.

Update: It could be coincidence, but it does seem to hang at the end of each file and require a restart of the launcher to continue. Of course it also hangs mid file, repeatedly. However, I have not yet seen the files remaining tick down since 5630, just had it come up one number lower after a restart. I am now at 5625 remaining after my most recent restart. (Thus not a huge sample size to show file completion is triggering a stall).

I have the same problem. It hit 76% and then stalled. Download speed dropped to less than 40kg/sec and frequently hangs on 0kg/sec. I've restarted the client several times but it seems to make no difference. I've been stuck at 5,641 for nearly an hour now. =( Please fix it. At this rate it will take all night to finish downloading. sigh

I'm starting to think I'm on to something. Going to 5624, 23, and 22 each required a launcher restart to reset the counter. I may have to babysit this thing all night so as to restart it each time it completes a file ... 5,621 more times ....

Anyone know of a mirror site for the patch, or is that not modernly possible?

@Donari.5237 said:Update: A friend found me this workaround: Apply -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 to your shortcut target (remember to leave a space between " and - ) and restart the launcher. Boom, my last 5K files loaded in seconds.

Thanks. I did that and it finally finished. I still had to restart it a few times but at least it was downloading at 2mb/sec vs the 40kg-0kg/sec.

Archived