If the Reporting system

zoopop.5630

Doesn't do jack, why do we have the option to "report" players if they aren't ever removed from the game? I have reported/send video of a known hacker in Plat yet this mofo still around using speed hacks on a guardian .... can we seriously do something about having a report system where it can actually do some good for us?

It's kind of hard to go through all the hundreds of reports that Anet probably gets every day from us pvpers. I mean, just yesterday I was playing fresh air ele against some random warrior in hotm arena, and when I killed the guy he messaged me accusing me of "speed hacking". His reasons were that it was "obvious" and he had never seen any ele run as fast as me. After a couple of heated words from the poor soul, he told me he had reported me etc etc. So, I think a lot of players atm are abusing the system. Don't assume its a hack unless you have concrete proof, like if you see them fly away, teleport or something. There are too many players, like the one I mentioned, that accuse people of hacking without even considering it for a moment.

The ingame report system does nothing.Then when you send a ticket direct to Anet they tell you to use the ingame system instead. And still nothing happens.It's hard to think of what more evidence they could want to ban people - either they don't care, or they refuse to ban because it lowers their playerbase/ people who give them money.

We need a report system like GW1 where in game reports actually lead to dishonor when a majority of the team reported a player, and if it got abused by just one person reporting then they themselves got dishonour. Simple. Effective.

@"zoopop.5630" said:Doesn't do jack, why do we have the option to "report" players if they aren't ever removed from the game? I have reported/send video of a known hacker in Plat yet this mofo still around using speed hacks on a guardian .... can we seriously do something about having a report system where it can actually do some good for us?

I'm guessing the people i reported for gold selling probably got removed, because i'm seeing less and less of them.Not sure about the ones who spew out adult words and swear in map chat and made homophobic words.Seems like map chat has a lot of toxic langauge that shouldn't be there, like homophobic or asking for stuff they shouldn't be asking for.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:Doesn't do jack, why do we have the option to "report" players if they aren't ever removed from the game? I have reported/send video of a known hacker in Plat yet this mofo still around using speed hacks on a guardian .... can we seriously do something about having a report system where it can actually do some good for us?

I'm guessing the people i reported for gold selling probably got removed, because i'm seeing less and less of them.Not sure about the ones who spew out adult words and swear in map chat and made homophobic words.Seems like map chat has a lot of toxic langauge that shouldn't be there, like homophobic or asking for stuff they shouldn't be asking for.

Gold sellers get banned quickly because they are easy to spot and are taking money out of Anet’s pocket(arguably more important). Wintrading, etc doesn’t not directly affect Anet’s gem store and subsequent sales.

@"allias.1420" said:It's kind of hard to go through all the hundreds of reports that Anet probably gets every day from us pvpers. I mean, just yesterday I was playing fresh air ele against some random warrior in hotm arena, and when I killed the guy he messaged me accusing me of "speed hacking". His reasons were that it was "obvious" and he had never seen any ele run as fast as me. After a couple of heated words from the poor soul, he told me he had reported me etc etc. So, I think a lot of players atm are abusing the system. Don't assume its a hack unless you have concrete proof, like if you see them fly away, teleport or something. There are too many players, like the one I mentioned, that accuse people of hacking without even considering it for a moment.

I have a 19 button gaming mouse, so rotating skills on Ele or Holo can be quite fast but the amount of times someone has whispered me accusing me of using macros and claimed to have reported me is way too many for me to count.

I would love an updated reporting feature though, one with some new options like "hacking"...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"allias.1420" said:It's kind of hard to go through all the hundreds of reports that Anet probably gets every day from us pvpers. I mean, just yesterday I was playing fresh air ele against some random warrior in hotm arena, and when I killed the guy he messaged me accusing me of "speed hacking". His reasons were that it was "obvious" and he had never seen any ele run as fast as me. After a couple of heated words from the poor soul, he told me he had reported me etc etc. So, I think a lot of players atm are abusing the system. Don't assume its a hack unless you have concrete proof, like if you see them fly away, teleport or something. There are too many players, like the one I mentioned, that accuse people of hacking without even considering it for a moment.

I have a 19 button gaming mouse, so rotating skills on Ele or Holo can be quite fast but the amount of times someone has whispered me accusing me of using macros and claimed to have reported me is way too many for me to count.

I would love an updated reporting feature though, one with some new options like "hacking"...

Exactly, as soon as someone sees something that they cannot emmulate or understand they instantly assume its some form of cheating. It takes a lot of man power to revise every single report sent in to anet so this is why probably most reports are left unanswered.

And I don't know if an updated report system would change anything tbh... sure a hacking option would be nice, but overall the issue we're facing is unresponsiveness for the report system. This is due to the lack of manpower most likely

There are hundreds of report because the same culprits get reported hundreds of time with no consequences and that encourage even more scums to abuse the game which causes a hundred more reports

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yes, some people get accused of cheating even when they aren't. However, when there's a thief flying around the map, and I mean, in the air over mountains, something should probably be done, and nothing ever is.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

Yes, some people get accused of cheating even when they aren't. However, when there's a thief flying around the map, and I mean, in the air over mountains, something should probably be done, and nothing ever is.

That's why the "hacking" option would be nice rather than reporting them under "spamming gold" or what ever.

Archived