Any plans for Tournament of Legends again?

BeLZedaR.4790

• ArenaNet Staff

@bluri.2653 said:Yes they have said it will return, when? No idea but they specifically stated it, think it was Ben if im not incorrect

Yeah, it's in our plans. Once swiss and our other tournament improvements make it live, my hope is that we'll have special event tournaments starting not too long after.

Though ToL probably won't be the first one.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@bluri.2653 said:Yes they have said it will return, when? No idea but they specifically stated it, think it was Ben if im not incorrect

Yeah, it's in our plans. Once swiss and our other tournament improvements make it live, my hope is that we'll have special event tournaments starting not too long after.

Thanks for the communication!

I believe you guys mentioned 2v2s at one point. Are there any plans for 1v1 and/or 3v3 deathmatch gamemodes as well?

• ArenaNet Staff

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I believe you guys mentioned 2v2s at one point. Are there any plans for 1v1 and/or 3v3 deathmatch gamemodes as well?

2v2s and 3v3's deathmatches are currently in consideration. The 2v2 maps we made would work fairly well for 3v3's, in my opinion. 1v1 tournaments would be possible, but I'm not convinced they would be fun or competitive.

2v2s and 3v3's deathmatches are currently in consideration. The 2v2 maps we made would work fairly well for 3v3's, in my opinion. 1v1 tournaments would be possible, but I'm not convinced they would be fun or competitive.

The sooner we could get 2v2 and 3v3 the better. I think most of us are past being bored of conquest maps. Is a capture the flag option being looked into as well?

Also, 1v1’s would not be competitive in the least so I just agree with you. There’s too many classes that can sustain a 1v1 indefinitely, like Druid. At that point it’s less skill involved and more being carried by mechanics.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

The sooner we could get 2v2 and 3v3 the better. I think most of us are past being bored of conquest maps. Is a capture the flag option being looked into as well?

Also, 1v1’s would not be competitive in the least so I just agree with you. There’s too many classes that can sustain a 1v1 indefinitely, like Druid. At that point it’s less skill involved and more being carried by mechanics.

Keep in mind that we still don't have plans to make 2v2's and 3v3's a full game mode. They will just be getting special tournaments here and there. Frequency is still tbd.

Keep in mind that we still don't have plans to make 2v2's and 3v3's a full game mode. They will just be getting special tournaments here and there. Frequency is still tbd.

If 2v2 / 3v3 open the interest of a lot of people, is it possible to consider making a new game mode in the future?Thanks!

edit: I'm also pass bored of conquest :')

Thanks for the responses!

So it would be safe to assume that the 2v2 maps would only be used during these special occasions? Would you guys consider making 2v2s and 3v3s full ranked gamemodes?

I feel like Conquest is especially hard to carry as a solo player because 5v5s require too much coordination for random groups. 2v2/3v3 deathmatch gamemodes won't require players to rely on their team as much as Conquest would. This, in my opinion, would result in higher match quality and fairer matches overall.

I think that you’ll see a lot of people wanting to participate in them which will lead to higher frequency and hopefully it’s own ranked game mode. PvP should still be balanced around 5v5 but it would be a better metric of leaderboards etc

Please please please give us a tdm que with all the tdm maps. That way if those of us that don't want to dance in and around little circles and want to do tdm just like stronghold and conquest que able game modes. What would the harm be? So far years of conquest has made pvp quite stale. I'd even pay in gems for a TDM que.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Please please please give us a tdm que with all the tdm maps. That way if those of us that don't want to dance in and around little circles and want to do tdm just like stronghold and conquest que able game modes. What would the harm be? So far years of conquest has made pvp quite stale. I'd even pay in gems for a TDM que.

That’s not a bad idea tbh to add a 3rd ranked preference.Altenstively add another repeatable on-demand automated tournament for 3v3 dm aswell.

Archived