A question about Olmakhan and Rata Primus (Possible Spoiler)

DedTreeJig.3245

Did the Olmakhan think the Asura were peaceful at first? I've listened to the Olmakhan lore keeper and I don't recall any mention of the Asura, though I could have missed it or there are other lore keepers I haven't found. They were certainly aware of the construction of Rata Primus.

Thanks for the insight. I'd picked that the Inquest had started using test subjects, I just find it odd that the Olmakhan essentially ignored a huge site being constructed so close. Were the Charr familiar with the Asura (or their architecture) before the searing? If course I could be reading too much into it, the map can only be so big so perhaps the distance perceived by the Olmakhan is greater that it appears to us.

There's a few objects in the instances that imply the Inquest kept a friendly-enough profile with the Olmakhan, enough of one to not provoke them until the aforementioned need for test subjects (which in of itself was kept under wraps so as to avoid conflict).

The Olmakhan didn't trust them, but both knew of them and were hesitant to go to battle. They wanted solid reasons for such, because of their disdain towards the Flame Legion's ways - which came in the form of that golem invasion.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The Olmakhan didn't trust them, but both knew of them and were hesitant to go to battle. They wanted solid reasons for such, because of their disdain towards the Flame Legion's ways - which came in the form of that golem invasion.

This. And even when presented with solid reasons- the kidnapping and gruesome murder of several of the members of their extended 'family'- their gut instinct was still as much flight as fight. They might still train warriors, but the Olmakhan are very conflict-averse. Confronting or attacking neighbors, even strange ones (they language used in a couple places suggests they weren't familiar with asura) who defile nature, just isn't in their character.

Charr were familiar with the asura before Kalla's uprising, at least Pyre's warband was as he helped to fight the Destroyers along with the norn and asura. However, being on opposite ends of the continent, they probably had limited contact so much of the main army didn't meet them. Then they headed south to Elona, where there were few asura even before the purge, and Rata Primus was probably their first meeting in a long time when people might have forgotten about them.

@Rognik.2579 said:Charr were familiar with the asura before Kalla's uprising, at least Pyre's warband was as he helped to fight the Destroyers along with the norn and asura. However, being on opposite ends of the continent, they probably had limited contact so much of the main army didn't meet them. Then they headed south to Elona, where there were few asura even before the purge, and Rata Primus was probably their first meeting in a long time when people might have forgotten about them.

Thank for the information, it helps explain the relationship between the two on Sandswept Isle.

Pyre's experience wouldn't necessarily have been disseminated to the rest of the race, though, especially since he ends EotN with the stated intent of leaving the charr lands behind until the rebellion had run its course. In the other thread, Castigator took the trouble of copying over the scrolls the Olmakhan keep, where they refer to the Inquest as 'the cruel little ones,' not asura. It seems most likely to me that anything the Olmakhan may or may not have once known about them had been forgotten by the time they arrived in Dajkah.

Archived