[BUG] Three Golem Monte achievement [merged]

Just did the Three Golem Monte with about 20 others in Sandswept Isles, got all 5 golems in a row correct, event was gold success, but the achievement "Consecutively choose the correct golem in all rounds of the Golem Eye Exam event." - Three Golem Monte, did not unlock for anyone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone picks any wrong golem once, nobody gets the achievement.That's kinda against what you'd expect - only you have to pick the right golems. But it seems like a team effort with not a single error allowed for anyone.

I am not sure if you additionally also need to start or activate the event, e.g. getting the green sparkles by interacting with the single golem waiting for someone to start the event.

I did it twice in a team before, picking all the correct golems, but others made errors, so nobody got it.Just did it alone with no errors and starting the event, then got it.

had an event where i was along 1 other player, we both did it perfectly without making any mistake but neither of us got it so apparently you won't get it if other people participate in the event wether mistakes are made or not.

Does anyone have any tips for people running on low graphics? since without having settings to max and not having a high frame rate makes it incredibly more difficult.

Same here. Got all 5 golems on the first attempt but didn't get the achi.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Update: Just did it solo and guessed all correctly . . . somehow. Sure enough, got the achievement. :) So, yes, it appears if anyone guesses incorrectly, you won't get the achievement.

Good luck!

Ok, one of my guildies who was present did have one incorrect guess. If this actually depends on everyone getting every golem right this can't be workking as intended. If this is the case i can just camp the event and ruin it for everyone trying it, I can't believe this is how it should be.

Well.. at the same time.. people can just be given the achievement if others mistakes were not taken in to account. Get a group of people. Unsure of which one it is, have the others guess till the right one is found then the people without the achievement click that one. It does suck that trolls can take the achievement away though. Had that happen to me a few times.

Do you guys have some tip for this achievement? Where is the best spot? I tried in the location shown in the ReActif's video, but it's hard to find no one around (maybe very very late at night on a dead map). Also the lag is quite huge and I don't see the lighting bolt most of the times :/

I did this event about 10 times - sometimes with a group, sometimes solo. Out of that I managed to get all 5 golems correctly only twice - once it was with a group, so it obviously bugged out and I didn't get the achievement. I believe at this point it's more or less confirmed this event doesn't work with a group (some people say it only takes 1 person to get it wrong to ruin the achievement for everyone else). The other time was solo and I DID get the achievement correctly. So if you wanna get it, I would definitely recommend you to do it on your own (which should be easy, most people lost interest in this event and rarely do it) and if by chance someone else is around, don't even bother and wait for an opportunity to do it solo.

Hmm, if YOU and only you must guess the correct golems, it doesn't make much sense to put it as open event. I wonder if ANet could make it like an adventure at this point. So we can start it when we want, and random players/trolls can't make the event fail also for us. It's not a bad quest, but until the map becomes a desert, it's quite annoying to keep trying.

@ovalle.4163 said:had an event where i was along 1 other player, we both did it perfectly without making any mistake but neither of us got it so apparently you won't get it if other people participate in the event wether mistakes are made or not.

Does anyone have any tips for people running on low graphics? since without having settings to max and not having a high frame rate makes it incredibly more difficult.

Can confim, on my potato this is basically impossible. The golems either fail to render entirely (esp in later stages) or render so slowly that the struck golem is still invisible while they're moving, which makes it undoable. I cannot up my graphic settings nor can I afford a better computer :(

@Urud.4925 said:Hmm, if YOU and only you must guess the correct golems, it doesn't make much sense to put it as open event. I wonder if ANet could make it like an adventure at this point. So we can start it when we want, and random players/trolls can't make the event fail also for us. It's not a bad quest, but until the map becomes a desert, it's quite annoying to keep trying.

This would probably work. Much like the adventures in Tangled Depths work, porting you to an instanced portion of the map where you can do the adventure.

Achievment is only achievable if no one else interacts with the golems, or maybe if no one touches a bad golem.So, aside from staying late on the game, and finding a card that closes to be sure not to have other players, it's hard.On this video, without other payers, achievment is ok

Archived