Gem Store Idea: Premium Emotes

Let me just preface this by saying that there are other games on the market that have taken up this idea. Lord of the Rings Online has LOTRO Store Exclusive Emotes and from what I hear, Elder Scrolls Online and FFXIV have it as well. The general idea is that you can unlock special emotes through the gem store. It's a very popular idea amongst the roleplay community where emotes help add immersion to the stories we're telling—especially persistent ones like /crossarms, /upset, /sad, etc. We've seen some amazing emotes from Episode 2 such as the Olmakhan magical levitation pose and the sort of Tai Chi pose that one of the elders is doing on the beach. I don't know about you all, but I would be willing to pay around 200-400 gems for an accountwide unlock of each of those emotes. I don't know how difficult it would be to code this feature into the game, but assuming it's not a massive ordeal, could you please give us some new emotes on the gem store so that we can throw our money at you?

Lastly, what emotes would all of you like to see on the gem store? I would like to see some sort of /chairsit that conjures an ordinary chair to sit on. Roleplayers have been asking for this one for years and it would be really nice to have some realistic sitting postures rather than struggling to /sit awkwardly on a chair that doesn't fit. Bonus points if you can give us a whole array of chairs from simple to fancy somehow, perhaps sell the basic /chairsit emote for 200 gems and plush armchairs for 300? Could you make them scale up based on character size? Just a few ideas. :)

Yes please! I'm always a fan of new emotes, and I'm totally down with buying them. Arena Net has dabbled with it in the past with the How to Dance Vol. 1, and I would love to see this idea expanded to include emotes too. I know there's gonna be people out there who would want these to be free, and I'd love them to be so if it's possible, but they're cosmetic items that wouldn't affect gameplay. It'd be a good way to support the game while adding a very heavily desired feature.

If i have to buy emotes it be the last day i play this game.....i already bought hot with the assumption that well get all the legendarys upon releases and well 2-3 years later they still havnt released them all....bought pof more money spent........gw1 had something like 95 emotes. Why is gw2 gated behind a pay wall soooo much.

I don't think emotes should be put behind a paywall. I liked the dance book one because of how it interacted with other players with dancing and things but... eh idk...

Maybe if it unlocked all the new emotes with a single purchase but... eh I think anet could afford to make that free.

Archived