Necro in raids

Sigfodr.9576

@Nimon.7840 said:Thats what guilds can do. But some players also want to pug.And if you come with necro to a pug group. 80% of the people will laugh about you and kick you.

Correction, it's what skilled players can do. All Epi-bouncing requires is good communication (and even then only for fights where the secondary Epidemic target dies really quickly, so for VG it's way easier) and as such can be done by anyone that can play Necro competently. The kind of players to laugh and kick you are the kinds of players that don't understand this (and honestly are probably the kinds of players you would not want to raid with).

Work only with 6 necromancers spaming epidemic. Could be done with core necromancer as well as reaper. And yes this will eventually lead to an epidemic nerf.

It's not: "Necromancers are good!"It's: "By abusing a single skill with a very specific party comp, necromancers can outdps other professions."

Remove epidemic from the equation and the result would be the same (if not worse) as with any other profession. Granted how fast Anet is when it come to fix necromancer's gimmicks and the fact that epidemic is already in the radar of anet, this might very well be a short lived achievement.

Epidemic is Necro's highest-value skill but its value is completely dependent on the encounter, whereas party buffs are not and so are consistently useful.

Runners up are Transfusion, barriers, and condition management but they only come into play when the risk of wiping is substantial. Generally, dps and not being at risk of wiping in the first place are preferred.

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Thats what guilds can do. But some players also want to pug.And if you come with necro to a pug group. 80% of the people will laugh about you and kick you.

Correction, it's what skilled players can do. All Epi-bouncing requires is good communication (and even then only for fights where the secondary Epidemic target dies really quickly, so for VG it's way easier) and as such can be done by anyone that can play Necro competently. The kind of players to laugh and kick you are the kinds of players that don't understand this (and honestly are probably the kinds of players you would not want to raid with).

ya i got kicked as soon as i bounced in on necro, its a hard life for the undead lol

@czerwoni.9563 said:

ya i got kicked as soon as i bounced in on necro, its a hard life for the undead lol

Ah the memories of early Sloth runs, killing the player slubling with a mistimed epi.

@Funky.4861 said:I love how people jump on the epi bandwagon, as it's pretty much the only skill keeping necro in raids. Might as well nerf all the ele multi-hit skills as well, because it's obviously OP...

thats unhealthy to have 1 skill used only in collaboration with 6x of same class make the class good. that's why epi is going to be destroyed in order for individual damage becoming more acceptable.

who am i kidding, they're not gonna increase individual damage after nerfing epi, after all power reaper which doesn't use epi still does pathetic 27k dps :)

why can't they just rework necro entirely like they did chrono and add blocks, evades, mobility, high damage. im fine if they remove shroud hp, i don't need it to survive boss oneshots. i need active defense and respectable damage.

The thing about Epi is that any Necro build at all can slot it and it will work. I could be full bunker staff MM, slot Epi in place of bone minions, and still melt adds off a boss. There is some penalty for no Curses, MoC, condition damage, or expertise but not enough to nerf the skill to oblivion. Epi does not scale much with build.

It is a little like alacrity in that it is OP when it works but, because it is condition-based and does nothing to its target, it is far less consistent ìn its value than a shareable boon.

@Anchoku.8142 said:The thing about Epi is that any Necro build at all can slot it and it will work. I could be full bunker staff MM, slot Epi in place of bone minions, and still melt adds off a boss. There is some penalty for no Curses, MoC, condition damage, or expertise but not enough to nerf the skill to oblivion. Epi does not scale much with build.Doesn't scale at all with expertise, interestingly. The self-applied conditions don't even increase with expertise (not true for Blood is Power, Corrupt Boon, or Plaguelands, though), and all copied conditions use the remaining duration of those copied.

To clarify, the self-inflicted conditions on corruptions do not scale at all with expertise or condition duration boosts if they are not damaging conditions.

Weavers can do insane damage on most bosses and nobody cares. How is it that a very situational and potent skill needs to be nerfed to start buffing a class only because it is necro? Just put more self-condis on epi to increase the risk of the skill and be done with it.Why would you remove/nerf a skill only because it enables a coordinated group to push strong DPS? Just check the raid meta comps, even with the current epi nobody cares. Stop making this an issue.

This is whats called being too optimal.Just like in any other game these guys being optimal by over using a single skill that just happens to be on necro will lead to its nerffing for sure making it sub par for everyone else.The actions of a few will harm the majority and leave necro in an even worse spot than before. Because rather than fix it and replace it with something thats usefull but cant be optimally abused anet would rather just make the skill useless.

While it does take skill to do things like this any time that something like this happens in a game it is removed sooner rather than later.

Archived