Ranger Pet Options

BerriosC.7295

While I don't main Rangers, by far my favorite part is the pets. Exploring and collecting the different animals have always been my favorite part of playing Rangers ever since the first game. And I have to say, I'm incredibly disappointed in the options for Ranger Pets. Firstly, why do we have 4 types of pig and 5 types of Moa? Those are slots that could have gone to cooler and more desired pets. I mean, We could have been given a Bat or Raptor. And on the topic of multiple of the same animal, why do we have 5 types of Drakes, but not the coolest one, the Elonian Scaled Drake? It's a giant fire breathing crocodile! We need more variety in our pet options.

My list of pets I want to see: Elonian Scaled Drake, Raptor, Bat and Dire Wolf

The skins have never been the problem when it comes to pets, the problem has been the functionality. All but 6 pets (smokescale, jacaranda, snow owl, iboga, brown/black bear, rock gazelle) are not used nor worthwhile in even having. Half of the listed pets are only used for benefits in Soulbeast. Bear would not be a choice aside from its use as defy pain, unflinching fortitude/spiritual reprieve, or brown bear's normal F2 "Shake It Off." Bristleback was and is still a decent pet based on its ability to hit and damage, but has fallen out of use due to it's squishy nature in pvp and wvw and the projectile hate skills so prevalent in those modes. Pet ineptitude has been a problem since the beginning and spoken in so many threads such as https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/565/one-big-problem-with-rangers-and-pets-anet-fix-this-bug/p1. The only reason to take the any of the other pets is for cosmetic purposes in pve. They are not good for maxing one's damage and can only hit the non-human targets fairly consistently.
Yet saying all of this I agree that ranger pet hunting is fun, but it's like collecting mini pets you'll never display.

@Kraitan.8476 said:Check out the bird section, we got 2 ravens with EXACTLY the same stats & abilities. The only difference? One is white & the other black.

That's not the same thing, the white raven, just like the black widow and black moa are the exact same as existing pet but with different skins. They're exclusive to GW1 Hall of Monuments rewards.

@Kraitan.8476 said:Check out the bird section, we got 2 ravens with EXACTLY the same stats & abilities. The only difference? One is white & the other black.

The white one is a hall of monument skin and it is what it is: a skin

I think they should actually update some animals. Like give the scaledrake skin to the marshdrake and update the hyena to the new spotted hyena version.Unlockable petskins would be nice too, so you could unlock new skins for pet families and mixmatch them with your desired F2/Archetype.

Archived