whats your play-style

czerwoni.9563

mine is, flyin high like a kite, i love dodging and rolling around and kiting enemies till they are on their cds then i hit them hard.

my friend tho is a building, he just likes to tank all of the damage.

guess i am asking to see what other play styles people like.

@Korvous.6340 said:

@Korvous.6340 said:Heh. Who doesn't like dogging these days?

some people like to stand on hills and spam aoes, hard to get out of that when in a tunnel lol

I was... well how should I put this? There's a bit of a difference between "dogging" and "dodging" is all. :D

auto correct is one thing that will always counter me

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Purecura.1795 said:I like to kite/ confuse and manipulate my enemies senses to get the upper hand in combat. Plus elegant fashion is a plus for my mage playstyle. Can you guess what I main? Haha.

mesmer lol just cause you said elegant

Ding ding! You got it right! Although Iam a bit surprised you figured that out due to me expressing my love for elegant fashion haha. I expected the “confuse and manipulate” to be the first give away lol.

@Purecura.1795 said:

@Purecura.1795 said:I like to kite/ confuse and manipulate my enemies senses to get the upper hand in combat. Plus elegant fashion is a plus for my mage playstyle. Can you guess what I main? Haha.

mesmer lol just cause you said elegant

Ding ding! You got it right! Although Iam a bit surprised you figured that out due to me expressing my love for elegant fashion haha. I expected the “confuse and manipulate” to be the first give away lol.

confuse and manipulate can also mean thief, lots of shadow stepping and blinking abilities, i managed to juke out a warrior on my thief...i never hit him but he didn't know i was following him for the lulz

@czerwoni.9563 said:mine is, flyin high like a kite, i love dodging and rolling around and kiting enemies till they are on their cds then i hit them hard.

The only style I've ever seen be successful in GW2 is to pile in and drop people with massive burst damage. Nothing else works, and only a handful of classes can even attempt to run away/regroup.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:mine is, flyin high like a kite, i love dodging and rolling around and kiting enemies till they are on their cds then i hit them hard.

The only style I've ever seen be successful in GW2 is to pile in and drop people with massive burst damage. Nothing else works, and only a handful of classes can even attempt to run away/regroup.

so zerg smash

Always a fan of balanced builds. Good cleanse, good stunbreaking, nice dmg and capable of taking some hits.I amde a tanky holo, a support condi soulbeast, a perma crit and block guard in one and so on.I am also very fond if hybrid gameplay and i think it would be nice if anet would go more into these tereitories. A good example is the abyssal chill trait of rev together with swords.

I'm usually drawn to support type roles. I don't need to get the big numbers myself but facilitating someone else's kills is very satisfying. I tend to favour ranged play so I can keep an easier tab on the flow of a battle, diving in to get a res off or apply extra pressure where needed.

I don't particularly have one when it comes to PVE. I just do whatever. I alternate builds and characters on a daily basis, and with at least 2 builds on 7 characters I'm playing one of 14 different builds. I guess you could say I prefer simplicity and self-reliance, but all classes have that in GW2.

In PVP/WvW, I imagine that I am insufferable. I'm highly individualistic and tend to run after targets in a spastic ADD driven bloodlust. I don't really cooperate, but since I don't do competitive I've never really had a need to.

I tend to prefer weapons/skills that reward positioning. This isn't to say I'm good at positioning, but that I find positioning to be a rewarding mechanic. I also prefer to be reactive rather than rotation-based.Back when I played pvp or in other games, I tend to prioritize disabling/controlling over damage. I'm fine with trading my life for making you take a time-out. It's a side of myself I'm not completely comfortable with.

I favor defensive/healing magic alongside range or tanking as situation warrants it. Played a druid for the healing and support aspect but also really like my dragonhunter. I hate to rush into a fight but would rather endure it. Even in WoW I was more concerned about keeping everyone's hp up so no one died, how long the fight took was secondary long as everything was under control. So I guess my playstyle is support.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I don't particularly have one when it comes to PVE. I just do whatever. I alternate builds and characters on a daily basis, and with at least 2 builds on 7 characters I'm playing one of 14 different builds. I guess you could say I prefer simplicity and self-reliance, but all classes have that in GW2.

In PVP/WvW, I imagine that I am insufferable. I'm highly individualistic and tend to run after targets in a spastic ADD driven bloodlust. I don't really cooperate, but since I don't do competitive I've never really had a need to.

Sounds like warrior is a good fit

Honestly it depends on the day lol. I like the traditional close combat Warrior play style. My first & main character is a Warrior, but sometimes I like to play my Necromancer when I want to play farther range. I have a ranger character as well but its not as fun as the necromancer imo

I have always gravitated towards healing and support, so I have a Druid, Revenant, Tempest, and Scourge that I all use if I want to play that role, especially the Druid and Revenant. I have a Guardian too but I'm just not really that into their class fantasy so I usually keep him on the shelf.

If I am actually fighting, I like to be evasive with a fair mix of physicality and magic. I mained thief for a while, but I am not a big fan anymore. Now if I feel like killing, I will mostly play Soulbeast and Weaver.

Archived