This Rating System NEEDS to be looked at

zoopop.5630

If match making is taking over 4 MIN to que plat players up with super LOWER rated player then the whole RATING gaining and losing should be VERY small. I find it completely frustrating and amazed that i can lose 15-20 points for each lost in rank but only gaining 10-13 points per match.

Can this possibly get looked into and addressed? If theirs hardly anyone around my level rating then to play against then why are the lost gain soooooooooooo high? slightly above average players CAN not carry a game alone. I'm hoping the Lose and gain ration can stay under 8 points in general because this whole thing where a player wins loses 2 games and has to win 3+ just to make it up makes no sense.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 please any respond on this subject.

Before everyone jumps in and says that you should be able to carry against lower tier players, please keep in mind each team may have 1 plat player and 4 mid gold players. This would make it a 50/50 match with the Plat players having to battle it out to avoid the huge rating loss.

I've previously suggested that this whole problem is easily solved with a set match Rating value that is being gained/lost in addition to a distribution of the rating points based on contribution. This would have to be offset by higher rated player contributing more points to the pot, but earning them back through % of team contribution.

@zoopop.5630 said:If match making is taking over 4 MIN to que plat players up with super LOWER rated player then the whole RATING gaining and losing should be VERY small. I find it completely frustrating and amazed that i can lose 15-20 points for each lost in rank but only gaining 10-13 points per match.

Can this possibly get looked into and addressed? If theirs hardly anyone around my level rating then to play against then why are the lost gain soooooooooooo high? slightly above average players CAN not carry a game alone. I'm hoping the Lose and gain ration can stay under 8 points in general because this whole thing where a player wins loses 2 games and has to win 3+ just to make it up makes no sense.

I don't think the matchmaking is the issue. it's the players. Not talking about you, but players in general. The skill level of the players is what causes others to lose games. Though one player may be good, and the rest of below even mediocre, it's a team game, and bad team coordination/play will result in a loss. And until the other players in the pvp community understand this, come to terms with it, grasp it, and then work to improve themselves in all areas, it will continue. There is also the fact that, even some players in gold+ rating only got there through sheer luck, and being carried by other good players, adding to the frustration when you're stuck with them. The issue needs to be addressed to the other players who are just unskilled at the game, and the game mode, in general. Guarantee that, if the majority of the players who are horrible now, actually improve, pvp will be fun and enjoyable once again.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:If match making is taking over 4 MIN to que plat players up with super LOWER rated player then the whole RATING gaining and losing should be VERY small. I find it completely frustrating and amazed that i can lose 15-20 points for each lost in rank but only gaining 10-13 points per match.

I don't think the matchmaking is the issue. it's the players. Not talking about you, but players in general. The skill level of the players is what causes others to lose games. Though one player may be good, and the rest of below even mediocre, it's a team game, and bad team coordination/play will result in a loss. And until the other players in the pvp community understand this, come to terms with it, grasp it, and then work to improve themselves in all areas, it will continue. There is also the fact that, even some players in gold+ rating only got there through sheer luck, and being carried by other good players, adding to the frustration when you're stuck with them. The issue needs to be addressed to the other players who are just unskilled at the game, and the game mode, in general. Guarantee that, if the majority of the players who are horrible now, actually improve, pvp will be fun and enjoyable once again.

Well, that's a problem with the rating system then. In order to even get into gold or platinum, you should have a decent sense of teamplay tactics or how conquest works. The fact that so many people are getting into gold and still don't understand the team dynamic is mind boggling.

Something important to point out:

• If the matches are plat/gold/gold/silver/silver vs. plat/gold/gold/silver/silver, this is somewhat balanced but it can only be achieved if there are at least two higher players que'ing at some given point in time for the split.
  • The problem occurs when you have matches where the algorithm has only 1 high player to work within the que, so he then gets all the lows vs. a team of averages. The split ends up looking like this: plat 2/gold 1/gold 1/silver 3/silver 3 vs. gold 3/gold 3/gold 3/gold 2/gold 2. The problem here is that even though the average party rating vs. average party rating might look balanced on paper, it doesn't work in conquest. The high player will hold every node he is at, kill everyone and never die, but his lower players are getting crunched on the other two nodes that he is not at. Since the higher rated player can only be on 1 node at a given time, well GG.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Well, that's a problem with the rating system then. In order to even get into gold or platinum, you should have a decent sense of teamplay tactics or how conquest works. The fact that so many people are getting into gold and still don't understand the team dynamic is mind boggling.

When there is enough people doing the same thing, it makes sense why we have plebs in plat and gold, heck even in legend XD. makes me weep for competitive humanity.

Archived