Sandswept Isles - loading into map freezes the game and the computer

Yeah it's really quite awful I dunno what's wrong with that zone. For me it crashes fairly often during loading. Primarily if it's out of focus. Either way if I'm playing a video on my other monitor or audio from something else it causes all the rest of it to freeze or stutter during the load too, and I mean REALLY bad. Other zones do not do this, and don't have this high crash chance, either.

I'm kind of wondering if there isn't some kind of memory leak or something in an asset related to this new zone or something. On an HDD this game notoriously is slow to load so I often would be looking at my other monitor, it wasn't till I heard from someone else on a multi monitor system that it was keeping gw2 in focus that kept it from crashing most of the time loading the new areas. Anyway though, first time I managed to get the new area to load, the windows mouse cursor came up with a wait icon, like it was going to crash (and it still does this even when it works) and after it stopped doing that cursor, all the GPU accelerated windows on my other monitor all blacked out for a few seconds then rerendered, multiple programs did this too not just a couple windows of the same browser or something.

I'll also add that none of these issues started until the third instance of the intro track for this chapter. The first two instances are fine, no problems what so ever, but the third does the same freezey/crashy thing that the full outdoor zone does, and of course, that story instance is in an outdoor copy of that zone. That being said I'm fairly confident something is wrong with this specific map

• 1 month later...

I often can't even get on the map at all, it will just crash my computer entirely, which is a shame cause I rather like this map.Oddly enough, though, it only seems to crash on my PC, while on my less powerful laptop it will freeze for about a minute until it continues to load, eventually getting on the map. Very annoying.

Archived