For some reason ANET left out how they gutted Soulcleave's summit from the patch notes.

Xolas.9781

Soulcleave's summit was nerfed from 750 damage down to around 400 (365 with no power in pvp, 413 with berserker).

Funnily enough it was left out of the recent patch notes. Another 50% nerf to a rev skill. Shouldn't be surprised by now.

GG Anet.

EDIT: Will add screenshots . You have to upload them to an external site now instead of directly pasting them like the old forums. Will take a minute.

EDIT2:

I'm dumb and forget the elite causes an unlisted fire field, which is where the burning is coming from. However, Soulcleave doesn't seem to work with hammer autos at all. It works fine with sword, staff, and shortbow auto though.

tufBbYA.pngTooltip of the elite. 365 damage with no power.

53Wcpt9.png413 damage with zerker amulet.

BUGS?Soulcleave doesn't apply to:

hammer auto attacksprecision strikeBloodbane pathSevenshot

It also no longer works with Icerazor, although it still works with Darkrazor.

It hits twice for one cast of scorchrazor.

EDIT: ignore this comment. I forgot about the unlisted fire field.

Some more testing from the pvp lobby.

The damage portion seems to be bugged. While using hammer auto attacks, it didn't actually deal extra direct damage. It caused me to deal 1 second burning every attack, which was increased by condition damage. It also didn't heal me.

For some reason after switching to staff autos, the combat log correctly labeled the damage as from Soulcleave. Will test further.

Archived