Axe ambush sound effect

Curunen.8729

I've just realised again how annoying this sound effect is on creating a new account - one of the reasons I made astralaria on my main account was because the sound effect of the axe ambush is changed from that irritating rattle to a "normal" "whoosh" of an axe spinning through the air.

And on a related note one of the reasons I can't play chrono anymore is due to the sound effect for alacrity being changed to that horrific ringing - I always think a telephone is ringing! At the very least it is an assault on the ears.

Anyway, coming back to mirage and axe ambush - I sincerely hope that devs you may consider adjusting the sound effect of axe ambush to something a little more soothing - or even if we could overwrite in game sound effects with files of our choice (I'm aware of the balance implications for sound cues in pvp).

In any case as it currently stands I'm having to turn the overall sound effect volume down to be able to play comfortably, because there's no way in hell I'm going through the effort of making astralaria on my NA account just to eliminate this sound effect. On that note does anyone know of or can recommend any axe skin in the game that changes the sound effect of axe ambush, either gemstore item or otherwise? :)

I don't play Mirage e-spec anymore, but you are right. At 1st I didn't really mind the axe ambush sound effect, but after some time it got annoying af, and I say it as a person who often enjoys clicking/rattling/ticking/clock-like sounds. Maybe lowering the rattle's frequency and volume could help.

@bart.3687 said:I don't play Mirage e-spec anymore, but you are right. At 1st I didn't really mind the axe ambush sound effect, but after some time it got annoying af, and I say it as a person who often enjoys clicking/rattling/ticking/clock-like sounds. Maybe lowering the rattle's frequency and volume could help.

I would be ok with the volume lowered relative to other sound effects, although would prefer if I could replace it with the normal sound the game uses for thrown axes (ie ranger axe auto sound).

@ovinnik.9216 said:I haven't noticed yet. And I sincerely hope this post won't make me notice, because all the screaming about sand is slowly driving me insane already.

Forget you read this and keep playing as normal! I dunno - maybe it's not annoying for some players. I find sound effects in games equally as important as visual effects as to whether I enjoy playing something, and really don't want this to get in the way of enjoyment of mirage.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:@Curunen.8729 @Arlette.9684

Speaking of ax sound effects I would like for y’all to help me with axe. I didn’t like it in beta and I know they’ve changed somethings on it since but I haven’t picked it up since.

Sound aside, you can be defensive with axe while kiting and turning in dmg while doing it. I’m sauced but believe me when I say you can run away while dodge qmbushing with axe biding your time for someone to drop to <50% and then just axe 3 burst them down as punishment for chasing. I do it all the time.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:@Curunen.8729 @"Arlette.9684"

Speaking of ax sound effects I would like for y’all to help me with axe. I didn’t like it in beta and I know they’ve changed somethings on it since but I haven’t picked it up since.

Deceptive Evasion and Mirrored Axes - in my opinion these two traits make axe go from "meh" to "kitten awesome". Personally, having tested other options I would never play axe without them.

Recognising axe is a fantastic hybrid burst weapon which allows you to apply sufficient condi without having to trait shatters - so unlike condi Chrono in the past where pretty much all significant condi application came from shatters, with mirage there is now the option to play with all significant condi application coming from weapons.

Then it's just a case of combos. Of course be flexible but I'll just list a couple of possibilities here for axe/torch:

• precast axe 2 into jaunt+F3 (before axe 2 or dodge clone spawns) opener, dodge during axe 2, ambush, axe 3, F1 for a reasonably fast 2 clone shatter synchronising axe ambush projectile hitting the target with axe 3. Stagger/save the shatter if they dodge axe 3.
  • precast iMage into IA (most of the time lands the burn in melee range) follow up with ambush, axe2+dodge (ambush again if you like), axe 3 (iMage spawns 3rd clone), shatter.

Often it's aiming to get 3 clones out for your axe 3, using axe 2 to stick in their face and sprinkling autos/ambushes here and there to add to it, and aiming to synchronise ambush hits with burst damage application.

For kiting in a group you can use axe 3 similarly to IA to port to a target of choice and drop target, either gaining better position or getting some damage in.

But anyway, it's mostly an offensive melee weapon - so get into it for so melee burst but then swap out to staff etc to range and kite in between going in for any burst, especially vs things like scourge.

Archived