We Need Guild Recruitment Tab! Naow!

As my fellow gamepals just suggested on the map chat. We DO NEED a GUILD RECRUITMENT TAB to save everyone's time and save us from clutter on the chats! As one of them said "Even as shitty game as Archeage has guild recruitment tab." :D

I feel like it's a good idea and would make everything easier. We could have some more features added to it like: requirements, PvX, what's the guild level, guild hall... etc...

What do you think???????????????

NO! I've been in five guilds in seven months in this game. They didn't do anything , so I left them. Oh don't get me wrong, they announced we do everything the game has to offer. Nope, nada, nothing. So I'm done with guilds . Anyway, no guild tab to promote stuff you are not going to do. This has been a PSA for new players. thank you and happy solo gaming to all.

Hmm, I'd be for it.

• Dedicated place to look if you're interested in finding a guild
  • Possible to turn off if you don't want to see recruitment

Though, I think I'll kinda miss seeing SkyShroud post on every single map I'm in whenever I'm walking around on maps in PVE, kinda become a tradition. :)

Yeah, lets have a guild recruitment tab so we can encapsulate all the trashverts in its own place where we never have to click.

Let those guilds fill it up as often as they like with their endless adverts stating "we is da best, we does it all, we number one cos we say so" ... at least then map chat might not be endlessly littered with all that dros those poor desperate guilds that think pushing out their guild spam every few minutes makes them look an attractive option to players... though personally I still think chat will still be awash with all the same guild garbage

Yes.

I've seen many Reddit posts where people can't find guilds and it makes me cry.

If there is such a thing as Guild Recruitment tab, it would promote players to continuously join and try the guild out, and guild chat will probably be lively if players continously join.

There should be an expensive month-long contract fee for doing this though. To avoid clutter. But it does help your guild population out.

Basically while you or an appointee (officers) are recruiting, you have an icon near your name (a golden book maybe) that players will recognize as "guild recruiter". Then the player whispers that recruiter for the guild and they join. They can also go in the tab of course and whisper off of there.

So yes I'm all for it, as long as there's a fee. Maybe even have it as a replacement for Commander/Mentor tags, having a book icon above your character which shows you're recuiting members.

Not only that but players can get a taste of guilds. Every guild is different, their own culture and members. I really approve of this idea.

I think really what has messed the guilds up (and this is only my opinion) is there is no clear cut servers based on time-zones. Take WoW for instance (6 years ago anyhow lol) you could pick servers based on timezone. There are guilds that really do stuff but sometimes it is just hard because their time may not sync with your play time. WvW may be a factor in the decision but really not sure.

Ah well... I admit I started a guild (over 100 people already) myself but I just invite people ;p And I think my success is that I do not require much from them and I didn't do much for a while either, but that's cause of personal problems and such. People are busy, they have jobs, schools, families, etc.... ;p So it's two sided.You cannot predict what people really want or it they'll have time.It seems to be a social problem. It would be better if I had my real friends playing the game but I do not have many friends and none of the actual ones is interested in gaming : ]

ALSO: I do not want to use team speak or such much cause I'm shy, sometimes I just don't feel like talking. And I know many people doesn't want to use it either. I'm missing a tool to message ALL my guild mates directly :/ without inviting them to a party. It's all makeshift as for today. We need more communication options!

• 1 month later...

@joneirikb.7506 said:Hmm, I'd be for it.

Though, I think I'll kinda miss seeing SkyShroud post on every single map I'm in whenever I'm walking around on maps in PVE, kinda become a tradition. :)

What's to stop them from still posting in /m chat?

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@"joneirikb.7506" said:Hmm, I'd be for it.

Nothing to stop them, but the idea is that if we have a own guild recruit chat channel, most people would look to that channel when they want/need a guild, which would (hopefully) make those that wants to show their guild, post there for best effect.

Mostly a matter of having another tool for "encouraging" better behavior.

+1When I started to play, I received several invitations to join a guild. Someone just invited me, some other whispered me first, some other sent me first a mail with some info (the best option). Coming from other MMOs, I tried to look for the recruitment tab, where the guild masters put their advertisements, so that I could read them and choose some guild with similar interests. But obviously I didn't find that tab. I think that it's a good idea for new players, and for players that would like to try a new guild as well.The only problem is that the forum is updated, while an in-game ad might be old and belong to an inactive guild. Maybe it could be possible to add a timestamp, to see when the ad has been edited for the last time.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:Hmm, I'd be for it.

Nothing to stop them, but the idea is that if we have a own guild recruit chat channel, most people would look to that channel when they want/need a guild, which would (hopefully) make those that wants to show their guild, post there for best effect.

Mostly a matter of having another tool for
"encouraging" better behavior.

I don't think it will happen because they will still spam for a faster affect. Why wait and hope someone will see your advertisement.

• 3 months later...

@"Rick.6041" said:Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"Rick.6041" said:Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how big some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

@Galaa.8475 said:NO! I've been in five guilds in seven months in this game. They didn't do anything , so I left them. Oh don't get me wrong, they announced we do everything the game has to offer. Nope, nada, nothing. So I'm done with guilds . Anyway, no guild tab to promote stuff you are not going to do. This has been a PSA for new players. thank you and happy solo gaming to all.

so because you prefer solo play now guilds are not relevant enough to get a better recruiting tool? Are you also done with any class, race or activity I should know about? I could inform Anet to have them deleted then. Also, let's start with guilds. Hey Devs, Galaa is not interested in guilds anymore, best you remove those from game.

@Galaa.8475 said:NO! I've been in five guilds in seven months in this game. They didn't do anything , so I left them. Oh don't get me wrong, they announced we do everything the game has to offer. Nope, nada, nothing. So I'm done with guilds . Anyway, no guild tab to promote stuff you are not going to do. This has been a PSA for new players. thank you and happy solo gaming to all.

How is this even relevant? At worst nothing changes, because dead guilds will advertise regardless. At best, everything changes. There are many ways for Anet to implement this to avoid dead guilds cluttering the panel. Just show some kind of metric of how active the guild is, and you can easily filter out the dead guilds.

Most of my friends have moved on from GW2, so I'm left in a dead guild. I would love to join a new active guild but I specifically do not because I don't want to weed out all the other dead guilds. A guild recruitment panel could do all this weeding for me and maybe just allow me to have fun with others again.

They always give away that it is BS completely unintentionally by just listing all the game modes, hoping to get the most people. Oh really, MegaguildXYZ, you do WvW as well? That's why you are recruiting in general chat on a multiserver? I'm sure your teams must be top notch.

Archived