Crafting the Apparatus for Astralaria — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Crafting the Apparatus for Astralaria

I have a silly question. It is time for me to "salvage" the Device to get it's spirit. Sooo...if I salvage it with a BL salvage kit will that work or do I need an ascended kit? If I salvage this thing and something goes wrong, I will throw myself from the battlements. :#
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can salvage it with anything.

• Aneysa.3845Aneysa.3845 Member ✭✭

Thank you very much

• Given that the Apparatus is an Exotic weapon and not Ascended, I don't think you can use an ascended salvage kit, but I'm not sure...

But the Spirit of the Apparatus is a garantueed salvage result, no matter the kit.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Given that the Apparatus is an Exotic weapon and not Ascended, I don't think you can use an ascended salvage kit, but I'm not sure...

But the Spirit of the Apparatus is a garantueed salvage result, no matter the kit.

I kept telling myself that. But I just had to be absolutely sure.
    Anyway, it's salvaged and I got the spirit. Yay
    Thanks for answering.

So here's another silly question. What did you guys do with all the doodads you had to get for the related collections? Safe to get rid of them or should I hang on to them.

• Generally, you can safely destroy/sell anything that has already registered in your Collection achievement.

Thanks again

• Collections I and II has nothing you need to save.
    Collections III and IV has a bunch of interconnections where you use items to make other items.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018

I save everything from collections until the precursor/4th collection is 100% done. That way, you won’t be caught out if you destroy stuff you actually needed.

Astralaria has a lot of item interconnections in stage 3 and 4 that you need to craft other parts of the collection. So definitely do not destroy them until you’re done.

Better get a wriggle on.

Good to know. Thank you.

• And if you accidentally delete something you need, you can usually get it back from Master Hobbs.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Haleydawn.3764 said:
    I save everything from collections until the precursor/4th collection is 100% done. That way, you won’t be caught out if you destroy stuff you actually needed.

Astralaria has a lot of item interconnections in stage 3 and 4 that you need to craft other parts of the collection. So definitely do not destroy them until you’re done.

Yeah this - I banked everything until the finishing the whole thing. Safer that way.

But afterwards I deleted everything that couldn't be sold.

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Hi All,
    So in the same setup... I just salvaged my 'The Apparatus' and did not get 'The Spirit of the Apparatus' Did I miss a step?

• @saifirenet.8169 said:
    Hi All,
    So in the same setup... I just salvaged my 'The Apparatus' and did not get 'The Spirit of the Apparatus' Did I miss a step?

Whoops I salvaged the wrong item. I found the one that will give me the Spirit

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.