Best/Most Favorite Dragon — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Best/Most Favorite Dragon

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2018 in Lore

I think Kralky is supposed to be the strongest Elder Dragon, but my favorite overall is the world boss in the iridescent area of rainbow-flickeryness.

After Mordremoth though, I think anything can be considered a 'dragon'. xD

Comments

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2018

@Edelweiss.4261 said:
    I prefer Jormag's theme of ice and corrupting influence on its enemies. Mordremoth was too human for my tastes. Mordremoth was basically what a human would expect a dragon to be like. I expected elder dragons to be more in line with forces of nature and to be, ultimately, incomprehensible to humans. It really makes me miss Zhaitan.

Yes; Mordremoth was so power hungry it made him seem weak.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mine has always been the Deep Sea Dragon, so mysterious, living under water as I love water and underwater combat for its uniqueness.
    My 2nd dragon has probably been Jormag, Primo is also very nice...

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Edelweiss.4261 said:
    I prefer Jormag's theme of ice and corrupting influence on its enemies. Mordremoth was too human for my tastes. Mordremoth was basically what a human would expect a dragon to be like. I expected elder dragons to be more in line with forces of nature and to be, ultimately, incomprehensible to humans. It really makes me miss Zhaitan.

Yes; Mordremoth was so power hungry it made him seem weak.

All the Elder Dragons are power hungry, though. Kralkatorrik is perhaps the most power hungry.

Every dragon has had their goal hinted at or practically outright stated. And Kralkatorrik's goal appears to be "make everything mine and destroy what I cannot".

At least Mordremoth's end game was more interesting - to become the sustaining force for all life in the world.

And Zhaitan's was just downright overly generic for anything undead - to create an eternal nation of undeath.

All these squares make a circle.

• BunjiKugashira.9754BunjiKugashira.9754 Member ✭✭✭✭

Out of the elder dragons we've seen with our own eyes? Primordus and a close second place Kralkatorrik.

Out of all elder dragons? Steve (aka Bubbles) the deep sea dragon. Everything about him is a mystery. Even in the HoT instance where we fight the minions of each dragon he is merely represented by salt-water fountains. I really hope that when we get to fight him ANet just shows us parts of his body approaching from the deep dark ocean depths that then either retreat again or pass right by us. Steve is not a dragon you can confront. He is a presence that's always lurking somewhere in the depth slowly wittling your allies and your sanity.

Bugtracker: Costume Brawl, Sunqua Clouds
    Announcementtracker: Alliances, Legendary Armory

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2018

By strongest I'm still rooting for Primordus.
    His name suggests his primordiality, and he's the dragon of destruction.
    Sure he probably wouldn't last in a fight with Kralkatorrik now, but i think if the magic levels were equal Primordus would obliterate any dragon, only struggle before winning against Jormag. (So pre-Flashpoint kralka vs primo)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Comparing them on a base level because the DSD lacks enough detail to give it a fair shot if I look too specifically, the general themes of the drahon’s land, minions, and powers... hard choice, they’re all very cool but I’d say DSD or Jormag

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

My favorite dragon is.... GLINT! I've loved her ever since GW1, and her concept/design as a crystal dragon is just so beautiful. And her domain? Breathtaking. I'm very sad she's gone, but I'm glad we've got her progeny in Aurene (still getting used to that bad name... Why not just Aurora or Aura? BETTER NAME THAN AURENE).

Otherwise,

Deep Sea Dragon is the one I'm most curious about. Everyone is. I think that mystery is so compelling, and "deep sea dragon" just sounds cool as hell. We've heard all these subtle things about it, like how it pushed many aquatic races out of the far oceans and into mainland Tyria. I really hope it will come with some kind of pay off someday.

In my dreams there is an underwater expansion that totally revamps underwater gameplay and combat, and it takes place in DSD's domain far, far below in the depths of the ocean. I don't think it'll ever happen though, since Anet seems to have forgetten about underwater stuff entirely lol. Honestly I could see them never addressing the DSD existence properly, just leaving it a mystery forever or handwaving it like they did with Prim and Jor.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

I like them all, but Primordus is my favourite and also in my opinion very dangerous. We have a general location for all the other ED and can keep tabs and contain the movements of their minions, but the only thing we know about Primodus and the Destroyers is that they can come from beneath us, anywhere. I also think it would be a tactical nightmare for the Pact to fight Primordus; it submerges itself in lava, being underground restricts the use of airships tanks and artillery, and as far as we know it doesn't need to corrupt living beings to create more minions (that might have changed with the influx of life/death magic).

Also I have a nostalgic fear of Destroyers from GW1, where they were quite lethal.

I am curious what Jormag is up to; from all indications it has completely dominated the Far Shiverpeaks, and it and the Icebrood should be seeking new sources of magic for it to feed on fairly soon.

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@Dashiva.6149 said:
    I like them all, but Primordus is my favourite and also in my opinion very dangerous.

Also I have a nostalgic fear of Destroyers from GW1, where they were quite lethal.

^^ There!
    Those are my thoughts exactly; I've got fond memories of the Destroyers from GW1 and I've always liked the fire-themed dragon the most.

Northerner @ Dragon Season
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

• Sublimatio.6981Sublimatio.6981 Member ✭✭✭

Jormag, but I also like Zhaitan. However, Jormag also has some power over the dead, they're just frozen, so it's kinda Night King scenario, so that's very appealing to me. Also the domain of ice, winter, frozen enemies and all that is my favourite fantasy theme.

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

• Cheering on for Aurene and hope she starts a bright new age of Dragon :>

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

From all we know I like Glint most. But can't say exactly which one is my super favorite dragon, because we didn't see Bubbles yet, but Glint is my #1 and I doubt it will ever change.

Glint was so great. when I got to listen to her in PoF I was like: She sounds like a cute granny that wants to give everyone some treats. :D

She is a really great inspiration to Tyrians and Canthans and Elonians to make these lands a better place and to fight for them and to keep everyone safe.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Renkku.7451Renkku.7451 Member ✭✭

Mordremoth and Vlast have been my favorites this far. Honestly Mordremoth was a pretty good villain in my opinion. I liked Vlast's backstory in PoF and it made me sad. Glint is also pretty cool, but I don't have the nostalgia for her since I haven't played GW1.

• Conqueror.3682Conqueror.3682 Member ✭✭✭

Im for Zaithan, it seems like it is made of corpses, very well made for its theme its sad the it was the first to die, but thanks to him, the rest of the dragons got the power to make minions from the dead.

I really think that Zaithan would have been more terrifiyng if dont died first.

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

• Pax.3548Pax.3548 Member ✭✭✭

Of all the dragons, I currently like zhaitan the best.
    Being a lifeform so alien and incomprehensible and the whole Zhaitan Wars setup really made me enjoy him. Besides fighting in an undead kingdom was really cool.

• Zhaitan is my fave. Fantasy and horror all rolled into one creepy behind monstrosity. He is the Evil Ernie of GW2.

• Because fire and dragon is a trope that I am a sucker for.

In second place, I liked the epic nature of Kralkatorric with brand storms, mist rifts, and I liked his design in general.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:

How do you mean?

Mordremoth was pretty much giant psychic serpent rooted into the ground like a plant, there are many cultures that have serpent dragon's in their mythology.
    He was very much still a Dragon physically :)

As for my favourite.. so far in game it's definitely been Kralkatorrik due to how well he was done imo.

But the main one i'm looking forward to has to be Primordus, I have high hopes for him being more or less a walking nuclear bomb that devastates everything in his path.

• My favourite dragon is Vermithrax Pejorative, but if you mean among the GW2 Elder Dragons, I would say Kralk, because his is the best-developed character.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since the start worshipping Primodius. My second would be Zhaithan. Sorry but the emo instable dragon kralkotorrik, the I have a weak mind jungle dragon which one could be ended by only developping a giant flamethrower to burn the forest, and the "psst psst psst you are my pawn now" jojormag... The deep sea dragon is good third, because the only good point is the mystery but if it's power is to wash minds by summoning bubbles or rainbow fog, may become my second favorite.

I kinda like that Primordius kicked out of their underground homes everyone and that its name instore fear like lord voldemort. About zhaithan, I think it had a very good build up: Losing your mentor on claw island, killing one of our squad due to a risen mesmer, being ambushed in a ruin, killing tonn... Was nice, because during that period, we got dragon bash to celebrate its death and then the incident to kill a captain with mai trin and launch of aetherblades and elections. Good memories.

But Primordius first, cause I love volcanic landscapes and erruptions, lava in itself. And I like thinking of sulfurous or volcanic caves having settlements or some underground lakes / phreatic faults and tanks creating some oasis for bioluminescent species and crystal to develop. I even enjoy ashes rain as a weather condition or through photos.
    And I do think returning underground, to discover the remnants of underground race megacities can be very cool, it is easy to beat rata novus, really.
    I will only cite a small extract from "The movement of the World - Asura":

"The dragon that dwells in the Depths threatens them above all, forcing them to abandon their ancient ways and discover new resources. For now, to keep their place, they must still maintain their neutrality among the powerful races of Tyria, but the Asura fear that sooner or later they will have to take sides—and then their tottering world may crumble back into the dark depths. "
    -> fear that sooner or later they will have to take sides—and then their tottering world may crumble back into the dark depths.
    And to me this time as come, their surface existence is threatened by the same dragon who pushed them out of the depths. If the surface is rampaged or if Primordius is beaten, in any case; they can return to the depths recovering what they can.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Silvia.9130Silvia.9130 Member ✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:
    I think Kralky is supposed to be the strongest Elder Dragon, but my favorite overall is the world boss in the iridescent area of rainbow-flickeryness.

I've always found Jormag the coolest, as of personal taste and story involvements (prior to LS5, that I haven't fully played yet).

ѕιℓνια 🌙