Elementalist support in low lvl fractals?

I've just started doing fractals on my guardian. I was afraid that even at the lowest level I'll be the one dragging everyone down, but seems few people actually know what to do, honestly.However, having 3 or 4 (including me)out of 5 ppl wandering around doing god knows what often leads to wipes, occasional rage quits and general chaos. It isn't pretty.

I'm currently leveling an elementalist which I greatly enjoy. I know that "the best" support is druid, not because of their great healing potential, but rather because of the great buffs they provide while supporting.However, I also heard that staff tempest has arguably the best raw healing potential out of any profession. This seems quite useful if your group doesn't know what they're doing half of the time. So, before I spent time and gold acquiring + magi gear, is it worth going tempest for healing in fractals or not? Generally, I'm of that strange breed that likes to support in most games, so if it isn't the elementalist I'll level my druid instead. Is it better to go druid for support? Will the boons it provides make up for the healing output loss?

Auramancers, as they're colloquially known, can be extremely useful in lieu of a Druid. One thing to think about is "Will my team make use of the boons I provide? Or should I just focus on keeping them alive?" Druid requires every member to be somewhat stacked for Rejuvenating Tides and Verdant Etching procs, which is something that may not quite happen in lower level fractals. You can, perfectly fine, level and kit out your Auramancer for Fractals and keep everyone alive 100%. Just make sure not to overstack on healers.

As a note: If you ever go the next step further after Fractals into Raiding, Auramancers do have a niche place there too. Matthias, Cairn, and a lot of Wing 5 use Auramancers, so the gearing wouldn't be just for Fractals. However, Druid is much more common there, so if that's a goal you have in mind, think about if you'd want to get gear again. Druids are starting to use full Harrier's for the Concentration, btw, but Magi's is still a good starting point.

I am maining chronomancer (almost pure support spec) but when i do t1, t2 and sometines t3 i swap to dps proffesion. Value of support class depends on players you are supporting. Its much easier to solo t1 fractal then hope your teamates will do damage when you support them.

If magi tempest looks fun to you go for it. But remember that if/when you get to higer tier fractals you might meet players that dont require healing and you would slow your party down.

You van always get 2 sets of gear and swap. Just be sure if that magi gear is worth your gold especialy if you dont have that much.

Hope i helped a little and gl in fractals.

Archived