PVP WEAVER | Legendary + Top 10 | GAMEPLAY + BUILD

Lasiurus.4067

@messiah.1908 said:been following you quit some time . love to see your game and dedication.i also tested long ago variation of the build but i not used to ele like you do so i have harder time (also tested sage amulet)

but again keep it going

Thanks a lot :) I like Sages & Avatar Amulet, the DPS is way better but I sometimes feel I lack sustain too much :/

Thanks for sharing. This will be the only viable, or half-viable build for eles after the upcoming changes neuter FA (both core and weaver).

I expect people will get more used to avoiding churning earth (people seem to not be really aware as x/d eles have been extremely rare for so long now), so killing capability will go down vs. most builds. Still, its a good far-point harass, and will probably compete for the spot vacated by druids after the nerfs.

I'd be interested to see more 1v1's with warriors (all of the fights were with warriors ended when they became 2v2), as I doubt weaver has the damage to whittle them down, and will never decap them. It is probably just a stale-mate, with more advantage towards the warrior as they just passively sustain as you have to constantly hit CD's to keep up. Regardless, its probably best to either rotate out, or accept the 1v1 if you know you will get thief/mes +1. What are your thoughts?

@"BlackBeard.2873" said:Thanks for sharing. This will be the only viable, or half-viable build for eles after the upcoming changes neuter FA (both core and weaver).

I expect people will get more used to avoiding churning earth (people seem to not be really aware as x/d eles have been extremely rare for so long now), so killing capability will go down vs. most builds. Still, its a good far-point harass, and will probably compete for the spot vacated by druids after the nerfs.

I'd be interested to see more 1v1's with warriors (all of the fights were with warriors ended when they became 2v2), as I doubt weaver has the damage to whittle them down, and will never decap them. It is probably just a stale-mate, with more advantage towards the warrior as they just passively sustain as you have to constantly hit CD's to keep up. Regardless, its probably best to either rotate out, or accept the 1v1 if you know you will get thief/mes +1. What are your thoughts?

My build will be way stronger with the upcoming nerf to lot's of class (especially SB, Holosmith, and Druid, which is actually a better tank than my Weaver, but not in the future). The only class that will be far above will be still mesmer imo..

I had duel versus few warriors, notably Vaanns & Rayzen. Was unable to kill Vaanns at all, but at least I can tank.Manage hardly to kill Rayzen, here the video with some tips as Sword Weaver, versus SB ;)

@messiah.1908 said:i also find that arcane brilliance is also good heal skill combine with water rune and #2 water sword.

low cd 15 sec base heal around 1 enemy is 4756 + water rune proc 1450+ blast water with sword 2 1350 which is around 500 healing per second

Sadly Water Rune is not that good, but its true Arcane Brillance might be a not bad choice because its a very fast burst heal.In the other hand, the signet passive is VERY strong... usually 600 heal per second.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@messiah.1908 said:i also find that arcane brilliance is also good heal skill combine with water rune and #2 water sword.

low cd 15 sec base heal around 1 enemy is 4756 + water rune proc 1450+ blast water with sword 2 1350 which is around 500 healing per second

Sadly Water Rune is not that good, but its true Arcane Brillance might be a not bad choice because its a very fast burst heal.In the other hand, the signet passive is VERY strong... usually 600 heal per second.

i also tested signet to see its healing per second. also watch your videos. you mostly rotate your skills and hardly use AA so most of the skills got 0.75 sec with lets assume 0.25 sec reaction time so its 1 sec casting a spell so its 311 healing per second. if you use more AA which has 0.5 sec you will have almost 2 spell casts.

water rune has 20% boon duration (compare to the 30%) cleanse 1 condition every 30 sec (random) (compare to 2 aoe every 90 sec) and also heal 1450 every 15 sec (12 traited) and also increase your healing power so bit more sustain.

Do you think that Avatar and Sage amulet have comparable amount of DMG output?It's too complicated for me to compare the DMG of a Power/Precision amulet vs Power/Condi amulet, so if anybody has better experience I'd appreciate the advise.Also, in your opinion, is it still viable to go with one of the More Offensive variants over Mender amulet, or does the extra Sustain proves more useful in more Scenarios? So far I've been playing around with all of the variants and all of them are amazing and fun, so the only question that's left is which one is objectively better for sPvP.

@messiah.1908 said:

i also tested signet to see its healing per second. also watch your videos. you mostly rotate your skills and hardly use AA so most of the skills got 0.75 sec with lets assume 0.25 sec reaction time so its 1 sec casting a spell so its 311 healing per second. if you use more AA which has 0.5 sec you will have almost 2 spell casts.

water rune has 20% boon duration (compare to the 30%) cleanse 1 condition every 30 sec (random) (compare to 2 aoe every 90 sec) and also heal 1450 every 15 sec (12 traited) and also increase your healing power so bit more sustain.

Just an FYI, lots of other things count as "using a skill," like swapping attunements, evasive arcana dodge effects, the instant-cast utility skills, among others. You get a lot more than 1 proc per second of healing.

Plus, signet you don't need to worry about being interrupted and are able to keep up your pressure, which is very important for a brusier. You CAN cast it as a last-ditch if you are almost dead and running away too.

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

Just an FYI, lots of other things count as "using a skill," like swapping attunements, evasive arcana dodge effects, the instant-cast utility skills, among others. You get a lot more than 1 proc per second of healing.

Plus, signet you don't need to worry about being interrupted and are able to keep up your pressure, which is very important for a brusier. You CAN cast it as a last-ditch if you are almost dead and running away too.

i know . but some how i got less healing per second compare to arcane brilliance. around +400 hps compare to 550 hps. the fact about interrupt is the downside.if you could check it out i would appreciate it. i am not the best ele with rotations.

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

100% true, I think you get like 2 proc per second in fight with Passive Signet which is 600 heal /s, way more any other heal.

I think Sages & Avatar are both good offensive option, just less easy to survive than Menders but you still can use it, Phantaram used Avatar & did very wll with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Before balance patch, my Sword/Dagger Weaver was a bit like a druid, with less tanky & a bit more DPS.With Druid nerf, it may be better than Druid now.We'll see how its performing in next League, next week.Can only be better as most of Meta class get nerfed, and not at all Sword Weaver.

If you are facing 2 scourge, just run away or kite a lot, but you cannot clean all their condition. You can clean for 1, not 2 scourge haha. Not alone !I dont use cleansing sigil, I prefer far & away sigil of energy + courage. But Cleansing is not a bad choice if you have problem with condition.Remember that also switching water/Air and that twist of fate will clean condition.Your Elite skill will also convert 2 condition into boon if you have Leadership Rune :)> @OutOfOrder.3719 said:

Do you recommend either sigil of agility or sigil of cleansing (to replace signet of energy) for additional condition cleanse when water 2 +5, and air 2+5 is not enough?

Which sigil is more effective when facing 2 scourges and more condition cleansing is necessary?

So... I played with this build being Cellofrags 12 matches last night. Went 11-1 and completely wrecked shop. Yes some were against complete nub teams but that is unavoidable. I am very impressed as a guy who played ele as main from the beginning. Say what you will folks but this is very viable even in a meta where our Mesmer Overlords hold our lives in their hands.

@Devilman.1532 said:So... I played with this build being Cellofrags 12 matches last night. Went 11-1 and completely wrecked shop. Yes some were against complete nub teams but that is unavoidable. I am very impressed as a guy who played ele as main from the beginning. Say what you will folks but this is very viable even in a meta where our Mesmer Overlords hold our lives in their hands.

Very happy to read this :DBut yeah sadly mesmer are still way overpowered..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived