Wild Magic Backpack in Gem Store

Dear A-net,

Could you please make this backpack skin available for purchase directly in the gem-store for GEMS during the March sale? I don't buy too many things through the gem-store but I am happy to support the game through micro-transactions when it makes sense. Asking players to gamble for content (and yes, skins are considered content in my eyes, central to the "horizontal progression" of the game) is extremely questionable and quite unfair to those who don't have the money to gamble, nor to the players who take the gamble and lose.

I know this comes down to economics, and these types of decisions are made because the game needs funding. But if you put more items on the gem-store and made them available for decent prices, more people would pay, more players would be happy, and more players would support the game due to your goodwill. You might not make as much money, but you will have the goodwill of your players, which is more important than money - at least that's my opinion anyways. I know you've heard this feedback from players a million times, and this will probably not change anything, but there it is regardless.

Thanks.

My hope is it will show up for BL Statuettes. All of which I am saving as they accrue just in case. I was willing to spend a little extra trying to get it, but didn't manage it within that tiny splurge.

It would be so perfect on my Radiant armor Firebrand, too.

Here's a person who was lucky enough to get it from a BL chest, and I gotta say I definitely wouldn't mind if the BL chest exclusive skins were made available from the gem store directly as well. There's are some skins I've missed too, and would definitely like to buy them instead of gambling with the chests, which often fails even if you'd have the money to try it with a few boxes every once in while.

Anyway, it should be seen the same way as sales. You can't really complain if you bought an item for its regular price, and it happens to go on sale the next week. Right?

It will come to statuettes, no doubt. The Fallen Balthazar-package which was similarly a RNG “thing” in the chests at one point is currently for grabs.

Expect to pay out the wazoo though. It is sitting at something like 60-70 tokens and I’d expect the Wild Magic to be no less.

@Oglaf.1074 said:It will come to statuettes, no doubt. The Fallen Balthazar-package which was similarly a RNG “thing” in the chests at one point is currently for grabs.

Expect to pay out the wazoo though. It is sitting at something like 60-70 tokens and I’d expect the Wild Magic to be no less.

This. I see the Hydra Staff Skin is available for statuettes, so I think other things will be too.

@Vivi.2805 said:The fact its only available thro RNG lootbox spam is insulting, why should we feel bad for people that obviously don't mind being played by arenanet in the first place.

Welp I suppose it is well within your right not to feel bad, just as I don't typically feel bad for the people who complain about it because, much as I support fashion wars, it is a singular skin and you don't need it and despite most peoples attitude in this game you can still play and enjoy the game without getting every single thing you want. There are skins I want in raids and titles I want from past discontinued events and I know I'm never going to get these things but hey I'm okay with it because there are many other skins and nice things in this game that I do have and that I do enjoy, so it more than compensates.

@Vivi.2805 said:The fact its only available thro RNG lootbox spam is insulting, why should we feel bad for people that obviously don't mind being played by arenanet in the first place.

Welp I suppose it is well within your right not to feel bad, just as I don't typically feel bad for the people who complain about it because, much as I support fashion wars, it is a singular skin and you don't need it and despite most peoples attitude in this game you can still play and enjoy the game without getting every single thing you want. There are skins I want in raids and titles I want from past discontinued events and I know I'm never going to get these things but hey I'm okay with it because there are many other skins and nice things in this game that I do have and that I do enjoy, so it more than compensates.

@Donari.5237 said:My hope is it will show up for BL Statuettes. All of which I am saving as they accrue just in case. I was willing to spend a little extra trying to get it, but didn't manage it within that tiny splurge.

It would be so perfect on my Radiant armor Firebrand, too.

Considering the Zephyr backpack/glider combo was added to the statuette vendor when it was previously a Black Lion Chest RNG drop, this is my hope as well. I've saved my statuettes for such an occasion, it will probably be added in a few months or sooner.

Archived