Mini Djins - where are they?

It has been about 6 months since the release of PoF but it seems that still noone has a clue where they drop, only water and air djin are in the item API at this point.They definitely must be the most rare items in the game at this point. I mean sure most PoF minis are absurdly rare, but these seem to take it to another level.

gw2efficiency statsMini Water Djinn - 2 of 159.394 (0,001 %)Mini Air Djinn - 1 of 159.394 (0,001 %)no sign at all from fire or eath djin despite being visible in the wardrobe

At this point I wonder if those djins are on a test account and not owned by real players :'(

Possibly reserved for future availability?

Renowned heart vendors in all the new maps since living world season 3 have at least 1 mini each you can purchase (granted, you need to complete the renowned heart first). I'm thinking the mini Djins may be reserved for future heart vendors, or possibly obtained another way later on.

It isn't the first time items have appeared in the wardrobe that weren't available yet. I've seen unreleased new outfits, backpacks, gliders, armor pieces, etc. appear some time before we could actually get them.

It is possible these minis are already available in the game and nobody has figured out how to get them yet. If anyone has obtained 1 they're keeping it to themselves for whatever reason. One thing's for sure, ArenaNet isn't going to tell us how if they are already available to obtain. They prefer the community figures things out for themselves.

There is a good chance they are ingame considering 2 of them have owners that use gw2efficiency.I am currently trying out mystic forge recipes in hope to find something like the Mini Elemental Hydra.

Otherwise they might come from an obscure event people skip. But either way the droprate is less than stellar for sure. At this point its save to say that over 100k people played through all maps of PoF.Or the large chests that are sometimes guarded by djins - like in the earth djin JP in amnoon oasis. But I am looting those 3 chests daily for months now and no luck. Surely plenty of other people do the same by now.

Also I am aware that Anet rarely gives hints on how to get items, but they did it before. For example for that ugly knife skin I forgot the name of already. But it would be great if they would check if the aquisation of this item of the item is working as intended or if they added too many zeroes somewhere like with the Final Rest staff back in the day.

I didn't even know they existed tbh, and i've map completed PoF 7 times + done various useful and non useful events many times.

I'm not sure where they drop, but i suspect it's like the awakened doggo mini (what're they actually called...abominations?) - perhaps drops from champion+ djinns but only so rarely you need to sell your soul for rng to get one.

@Ardid.7203 said:You probably have to catch them by stomping on them with the Invisible Shoes on.That would be evil, I like your thinking

@Lexi.1398 said:I didn't even know they existed tbh, and i've map completed PoF 7 times + done various useful and non useful events many times.

I'm not sure where they drop, but i suspect it's like the awakened doggo mini (what're they actually called...abominations?) - perhaps drops from champion+ djinns but only so rarely you need to sell your soul for rng to get one.I have not had any PoF mounts drop for me, I had to buy all of them on the trading post so far. But the djins are not even buyable on TP because they are so rare that noone listed one on TP yet (items only are open to buy orders after the first person tried to list them on TP).

Honestly I doubt they come from any bounty or event where you have to fight a djin. Those events are done frequently for achievements. It must be something else unless Anet added too many zeroes in the droprate.

@Mithos.9023 said:As ugly as the Djinn in GW2 are, I must say I don't care much. If they would be more like the GW1 Djinns, you would have my interest. Wonder what happened to them to become such an awful mess.Anyway good luck in your search so.That is a different topic :P I dislike the new Dhuum look, too. He looked much better in GW1. And I also liked that he only talked in 3rd person of himself. They scrapped that, too :(

• 1 month later...

Looks like they are ingame according to Ben: https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8cllvc/mini_collectors_mini_griffon_mount/dxp2r1r/But no additional hints given. At this point I cannot even be bothered to look for them further. Over 6 months after PoF release and none of them have been offered at all on trading post (otherwise you could put buy orders). Seems like a terrible use of time to keep searching for something that could be anywhere over 5 large maps with a droprate so rare that noone has a clue where to find them after surely 250k+ players finished playing all PoF maps by now.And the chance that someone will find them will also just go down since the PoF maps are a wasteland due to no replay value.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:At this point I cannot even be bothered to look for them further.OK?

It is just pointless if it is Anet "very rare". Just like I never got anything from the "very rare" section of the black lion chests despite opening tons of them. I could have found the right locations for them already but will never now it because I could farm them to the end of the games lifetime and never see a result. And seeing as hundred thousands of people who already played through this content also found basically nothing it is unlikely that I will have more luck... > @Zaklex.6308 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Isn't there an event in a hard to reach place in NE Vabbi with a champ or higher Djinn? Maybe he drops it?

Most likely they come from Serpents Ire...or one of the other Djinn events in Vabbi, that would seem the most likely location, however, they're just on the super rare table so...good luck.The djin events are all part of collections and achievements. I doubt those are it unless they are even lower droprate than say the junundu mini or the abomination.

Serpents Ire also gets done relatively often due to the collections.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:It is just pointless if it is Anet "very rare".

I find it strange that you would say that. You are a strong advocate for there being more things in the game that only some people can get. If something is not "ANet very rare," than it is farmable, and would quickly become fairly common (or cheap enough on the TP so that anyone with a little coin can get it). I don't think lots of things should be that rare, but minis? Sure, especially since there aren't any official collections attached to it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:It is just pointless if it is Anet "very rare".

I find it strange that you would say that. You are a strong advocate for there being more things in the game that only some people can get. If something is not "ANet very rare," than it is farmable, and would quickly become fairly common (or cheap enough on the TP so that anyone with a little coin can get it). I don't think lots of things should be that rare, but minis? Sure, especially since there aren't any official collections attached to it.

It is not the rarity itself that is the problem. Currently it is like having dozens of giant haystacks with 4 tiny needles hidden in them. And those needles also only turn visible when you win the lottery at the same time. And since hundreds of thousands of players have zero information about this over half a year after release, I do think there is something wrong with it. Getting a mini gold llama on monthly tournament on EU after beating R55 seems to be a more plausible goal than finding one of these.Just knowing the location will not really make it cheap. Like there are buy orders of 3600g for Mini Junundu and 1000g+ for the Mini Awakened Abomination. But the droprate is low enough that there arent 100s of players doing these events 24/7 to become rich. It is quite the contrary that despite those events having rare drops almost noone seems to do these events anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely guess from me is that they rarely drop from the defeat the elder djinn event in the easternmost part of Vabbi. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_grand_elder_djinn

Only 11% of gw2efficiency accounts (19k out of 170k registered) have the Disrespect your elders achieve. If they are a 1 in 10,000 drop (0.01%), then perhaps it makes sense that there have only been two dropped.

As an aside, I feel like PoF has tons of these great rewards that encourage repeated gameplay with the chance to get something rare (creature minis, music boxes, forged weapons, named warbeast pieces), but the playerbase didn't see a meta that cranks out junk to sell and decided that the whole expansion was unrewarding. Meanwhile, there is a 4400gold buy order for the mini junundu and some of the elite spec/creature minis are north of 100gold. I have a decent adventurer/explorer/treasure hunter streak and love stuff like this.

@"thehipone.6812" said:Most likely guess from me is that they rarely drop from the defeat the elder djinn event in the easternmost part of Vabbi. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_grand_elder_djinn

Only 11% of gw2efficiency accounts (19k out of 170k registered) have the Disrespect your elders achieve. If they are a 1 in 10,000 drop (0.01%), then perhaps it makes sense that there have only been two dropped.

As an aside, I feel like PoF has tons of these great rewards that encourage repeated gameplay with the chance to get something rare (creature minis, music boxes, forged weapons, named warbeast pieces), but the playerbase didn't see a meta that cranks out junk to sell and decided that the whole expansion was unrewarding. Meanwhile, there is a 4400gold buy order for the mini junundu and some of the elite spec/creature minis are north of 100gold. I have a decent adventurer/explorer/treasure hunter streak and love stuff like this.

Anything is possible, but the Junundu event is probably not much more commonly done and its mini has a much higher amount of owners. Personally I buy ordered two of them already. One I kept and one I resold with enough profit to make back the costs for the first one. In retrospect I should probably have listed it for more than 2,5k considering how fast the PoF maps died and now hardly anyone farms the events anymore.

@"thehipone.6812" said:Most likely guess from me is that they rarely drop from the defeat the elder djinn event in the easternmost part of Vabbi. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_grand_elder_djinn

It's only great if it holds any relevance to the player.

If you want to talk about value then Silverwastes is much better. The queen bee is a similar value. Even if you don't get that drop the consolation prizes are also much better.

That is true, you have to view them on as a lottery jackpot. If you divide value by the average times you have to do the event to get the drop, you might end up at less than 1g per hour value.On the other hand if the droprate would be better these items would be worth almost nothing since minis are in low demand in GW2.

That is always a tough question to tackle. Is the drop rate low or is there just not enough people doing the event(s)?This is especially true for the djinn event since it requires ...

To spawn the four Grand Elder Djinn, players need to light the 8 braziers in the building below the vista by killing the 8 Veteran Djinn in the area.To start the event a player needs to talk to one of the four Grand Elder Djinn. The option to start the event is only available if the player has completed all 8 Djinn Mastery points:

That is different enough from how most events are started for that to be relatively rarely. As it is the events probably get run a bit more often due to the associated collections.

Imagine if there was a unique drop from the champ in Mount Maelstrom that is spawned by putting 4 hearts in to the volcano.

These sort of setup is more interesting than the typical event but anything that are exclusive to them is going to be rare.

Anet always poorly publicize the rewards of their expansions.in the neverwinter (pwe), had a tab "collections" with all armor / companions / mounts grouped by expansion / dungeon.

Archived